• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Reggie:
"We embrace working with a developer and enabling them to bring their vision to life and whether that's Fortnite, whether that's a number of the other games that have cross-platform play on our console, from a developer standpoint that's what we want. And we work hard with them to bring that to life. What competitors do is their decision to make. We believe being both developer-forward and fan-forward is in the best interest of the game."

from GoNintendo

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man... Sony really is just holding against the tidal wave of change here. When even Nintendo is embracing cross-platform play, you look really out of touch. Personally, I've been waiting for cross-platform play for ages! If PlayStation was my primary platform this gen I'd be really mad.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is hopefully gonna get bullied into submission with this. But I'm pretty sure they're just gonna wait until the storm calms down, unfortunately :/

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
Epic, XBOX and Nintendo has made it pretty clear is SONY's decision, I just want my Epic account that SONY hijacked and stripped me of my rights to be back.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think he said something similar when Rocket League was announced. The ball has been in Sony's court so long. Don't think they're gonna change, at least not this gen.

Nick Nehidnyk

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
imagine a world where sony is behind nintendo on a consumer issue

now, imagine you are in that world

that world is here

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to Engadget's video "Sony was Right* " in 5 years over this issue.

* They aren't

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate Nintendo being "fan forward"

Sony can learn a thing or two instead of being so anti consumer.

The good news for Nintendo is Fortnite is blowing up for them on Switch thanks to all the free publicity.

Last edited:

Moosichu

Oct 25, 2017
It's just an own goal from Sony. It's just making me much less interested in playing multiplats on PS4.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
When Nintendo is ahead of you in terms of something online related I kind of feel like that's a sign

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's absolutely fucked up that Nintendo are more forward thinking than Sony in something that pertains to online.

"#4TheGamers"

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Fuck Sony, I didn't realize this system was in place until after I sold my PS4 so I was console banned on Xbox whenever I made the move over. Epic provides no option other than deleting your account but I'm just not willing to lose all the stuff I previously gained. I haven't played the game since I found out I was console banned on Xbox because I played on PS4 first.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Well said! It's pro gamer and pro family's who have multiple and different devices.

I posted this in another thread but Nintendo's policy's have lead to this for mine

Sla1UX2.jpg

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
When a company as ass backwards as Nintendo has your number, you know you've shit the bed.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is such a PR alley-oop for every non-Sony company involved. I'm sure they're loving it.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if Sony doesn't backpedal on this shit that's going to strongly influence what direction I go for multiplatform games next generation

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo does what Sony... dont?

Never thought I would say that tbh.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I understand why sony is doing it, but with this much negative media about it they have to budge eventually. Its a bad look.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
So since Nintendo made a statement about it, will it be that long before Sony has to make one?
Hopefully the only statement Sony makes is that they're reneging on their cross-progression stance

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if Sony doesn't backpedal on this shit that's going to strongly influence what direction I go for multiplatform games next generation
I feel like this is something a lot of people don't think about. As more and more devs embrace cross play, if Sony keeps this up then why buy Multi-plats on their system if you are locked to just that system?

chicken_pasta

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Before the Fortnite Account shenanigans I didn't care much about what sony was doing, but now I feel it's almost criminal how they're basically holding your account hostage

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
If Nintendo or Microsoft was the hardware leader it would be the same scenario.

It's busniess, pure and simple.

Unless this is solely referring to the locked epic account, then I don't agree with Sony.

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is so incredibly embarrassing for Sony.

They are becoming the laughing stock of the industry again and don't even realize it.

How quickly they forgot 599, pick up a 2nd job, giant enemy crabs, etc....

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is something a lot of people don't think about. As more and more devs embrace cross play, if Sony keeps this up then why buy Multi-plats on their system if you are locked to just that system?
Yup. It's becoming clearer that cross-play seems to be the future and it's probably better to get on that wagon sooner than later.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
When even Nintendo is getting with the program, you know you have serious problems. Get your shit together and get off of your high horse, Sony.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And they are hurting their own consumers. My mate was pissed when he found out he couldn't use his account on Switch.

Same, shit is pissing me off. Not gonna play the game now on Switch because I can't use my battle pass. Sony, get your shit together. Enough is enough. Everyone wants to play together, make it possible