• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Nitnendo_Comunnity_Thread.png

Welcome to the NintendoEra Community thread! The focus of this thread will be to serve as an archive for the important Nintendo related threads on ResetEra, as well as just a general hangout space for Nintendo fans. Primarily highlighting Nintendo Switch.

Nintendo Hardware History:
DNgGZoB.png

bDlawlr.png

First Party Software Lineup:
PSGffFp.png

• [March 3rd] The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild - OT
    • The Champion's Ballad - OT
  • [March 3rd] 1-2 Switch
  • [March 3rd] Snipperclips: Cut It Out, Together! - OT
  • [April 28th] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - OT
  • [June 16th] ARMS - OT
  • [July 21st] Splatoon 2 - OT
    • Octo Expansion - OT
  • [August 29th] Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - OT
    • Donkey Kong Adventure - OT
  • [September 22nd[ Pokkén Tournament DX - OT
  • [September 28th] Fire Emblem Warriors - OT
  • [October 27th] Super Mario Odyssey - OT
  • [December 1st] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - OT
    • Torna ~ The Golden Country - OT
  • [February 16th] Bayonetta 2 - OT
  • [March 16th] Kirby Star Allies - OT
  • [March 22nd] Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition - OT
  • [April 20th] Nintendo Labo - OT
  • [May 4th] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - OT
  • [June 8th] Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido - OT
  • [June 22nd] Mario Tennis Aces - OT
  • [July 13th] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - OT
  • [July 13th] Octopath Traveler - OT
  • [October 5th] Super Mario Party - OT
  • [November 16th] Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu/Eevee! - OT
  • [December 7th] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - OT
  • [January 11th] New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - OT
  • [February 13th] Tetris 99 - OT
  • [March 29th] Yoshi's Crafted World - OT
  • [April 26th] BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! - OT

Important Threads and Resources:
Community Discords:

Nintendo Era:
Message 1upmuffin

Smash Era:
Message IntelliHeath

Pokémon Era:
Message UltimateIke

Splatoon Era:
Message Jahranimo

Last edited:

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Nice thread, Muzy! I loved the podcast as well. I'd recommend testing everyone's audio for next episode tho, as someone had an echo the entire time and there were some volume differences (maybe someone wasn't using headphones?). Aside from that, the podcast was a great listen! Nice pacing, good topics, keep it up, you guys!

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
the eShop thread is where people talk about the games, not about deals :)

wanna talk games? eshop thread
wanna complain about your screen scratching and what the benefits of sleep mode are? switch ot :)
That reminds me that I somehow forgot the Switch OT in the OP lol. Will edit that in!

And thanks for the feedback on the podcast! We're aware of the audio issues and hope to have that ironed out by next episode!

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sup. I guess I'm not in a huge rush for the Direct, it'll come in due time.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Hi guys, got a switch for Christmas and am looking for someone to play old nes games with, currently have no friends on the switch, would anybody be interested in some old school gaming fun?

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Hi guys, got a switch for Christmas and am looking for someone to play old nes games with, currently have no friends on the switch, would anybody be interested in some old school gaming fun?
Unfortunately, I'm not up for NES games man.

If you ever want to play Smash, or Splatoon, or Mariokart hit me up!

Or even if Nintendo rolls out some SNES games, I would be very down for that too.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Unfortunately, I'm not up for NES games man.

If you ever want to play Smash, or Splatoon, or Mariokart hit me up!

Or even if Nintendo rolls out some SNES games, I would be very down for that too.

Sounds good man, I just got MK8 in the sale so I will shoot you a message when it's downloaded, I would be down for some splatoon as well (I have never played it however lol)

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Nintendo should have a giant Direct on September 23rd to celebrate its 130th anniversary.

I just learned about this and curious to try it. Surprised it never came outside of Japan.
I recommend it, especially for games that came out on the Famicom Disk System in Japan like the Zelda duology and Metroid. The sound quality is much better.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Posting this here since this is the new thread for Direct discussion. I decided to make a table showing the time between each multi-game (3DS, Wii U or General) international Direct/E3 Presentation/Event. I excluded 2016's E3 because, despite it featuring multiple games outside of Zelda, it was still very much focused on that singular game:

NCr2pqp.png

As is clear, if the Direct is next week then it will have been either the 4th longest wait between Directs for us and the 2nd longest wait if you go by the September Direct's original delay. That's uncharacteristally long for Nintendo and I think that's why a lot of people are genuinely concerned/curious as to what's happening.

So when does everyone think the Direct is gonna happen?

This thread will not contain peoples' Direct talk. It is all too quiet.
Yeah, I think we just need a "Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread" or something; with the ignore thread function there's literally no downside to it and this thread won't get anywhere near as much traffic (not that it's a bad thread, mind you).

mera

Oct 2, 2018
playing my switch
is it possible (& not against rules) for someone to create a general Direct Speculation Thread? where we can all go crazy without fear of shame lol

Plum

May 31, 2018
Yeah, seems like this thread isn't going to be good for Direct discussion so I guess I'm gonna go. Shame because I was definitely having fun speculating about when it was gonna happen but I guess that wasn't meant to be, it never is. Sorry for the slight diversion from us "crazies", people who posted here before!

is it possible (& not against rules) for someone to create a general Direct Speculation Thread? where we can all go crazy without fear of shame lol

The "Next Generation Launch Speculation" thread is pretty much entirely "When will they be announced?" right now so potentially but I doubt a thread like that for Directs would stay open for long; the mods have made that clear imo. Just stop thinking about Directs for now, I guess.

Last edited:

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
Posting this here since this is the new thread for Direct discussion. I decided to make a table showing the time between each multi-game (3DS, Wii U or General) international Direct/E3 Presentation/Event. I excluded 2016's E3 because, despite it featuring multiple games outside of Zelda, it was still very much focused on that singular game:

NCr2pqp.png

As is clear, if the Direct is next week then it will have been either the 4th longest wait between Directs for us and the 2nd longest wait if you go by the September Direct's original delay. That's uncharacteristally long for Nintendo and I think that's why a lot of people are genuinely concerned/curious as to what's happening.

So when does everyone think the Direct is gonna happen?

Yeah, I think we just need a "Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread" or something; with the ignore thread function there's literally no downside to it and this thread won't get anywhere near as much traffic (not that it's a bad thread, mind you).

I think the direct will happen February 7th. If not, I wouldn't count on one coming until early March. I just don't feel like it'll be in mid/late February.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
It stands to reason there'll be a Direct soon based on Fire Emblem's target window alone. We've only had one brief trailer for it — 8 months back — and it's a major title coming in just 2-4 months.

They need to and will detail their post-Yoshi plans, and the 7th makes sense to me.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
This community thread makes the most sense for Direct speculation, though it's dead simply because it's on the "wrong" side. That's frustrating.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
So I guess Darksiders is one of the third party games Emily may have been talking about in the other thread earlier in the week?