Nintendo confirms continued 3DS support; new titles prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
From the briefing.https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/events/index.html

Nintendo 3DS is set apart from Nintendo Switch by its characteristics as a handheld game system that is lightweight, price-friendly, and highly portable. Affordability is the strong point that positions Nintendo 3DS in a niche clearly separate from Nintendo Switch. In the grand scheme of things, Nintendo 3DS has a prominent position as the product that can be served as the first contact between Nintendo and many of its consumers, and for this reason we will keep the business going.
An abundance of titles in a variety of genres have been released for the Nintendo 3DS family. It is important to convey the existence of this rich assortment of Nintendo 3DS family titles and drive sales to new purchasers of the hardware. Our new consumers know that the evergreen titles will continue to be available, so we will do our utmost to foster sales opportunities.
We are also preparing new titles for the Nintendo 3DS family for release around the turn of the year.

Oct 29, 2017
I really don't understand, even with a business perspective, just look at the software sales on Switch compared with 3DS, they could find more benefits putting those development resources on Switch to be honest.

Just got Luigi’s Mansion today, felt a little weird buying a new game for a system I’ve had for over 7 years now (last time I bought a new game for it was almost two years ago). However, the 3DS is an amazing system for games.

Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Gen 8 announced to get 3DS ports, weaking the overall presentation of the Switch version

Era melts and breaks every single Switch in their possesion

Oct 27, 2017
The context of the slide made it seem more like they referring to things releasing early next year like Mario & Luigi, and Kirby; not a bunch of unannounced titles.

Oct 25, 2017
Little did you know that 3DS is actually an acronym for 3lphegor, the Dogged Sergeant of avicii. He shall never retire, never relent, until all the malfeasant souls of this realm know his curse and tremble.

Status
Not open for further replies.