1. ASarafanov

ASarafanov
    Banned Member OP

Many people were confused about Xenoblade 2 Torna - The Golden Country (Physical Version) description after E3 2018. Today Nintendo officially confirmed it as a standalone project, which you can buy and play without owning [base] Xenoblade 2 game.

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1026483089374101506

2. Verelios

Verelios

Wasn't this known ever since Torna got a physical version? Or was there still speculation.

3. Frecklestein

Frecklestein

If you have ANY interest in Xenoblade 2 though, I would highly recommend that you play this after 2, even though it's billed as a prequel. 2 is a fantastic game.

4. Zedark

Zedark

This was unclear? Seemed clear from the get-go to me.

But good to see a reconfirmation for those who weren't sure.

5. Porygon

Porygon

This was confirmed when a physical version was announced during E3....

6. jakoo

jakoo

Excellent idea. While I thought the plot of XC2 was mostly pretty good, there were definitely a lot of aspects that I could see turning people off from giving the game a chance.

The Golden Country seems to be a lot less fan-servicey in terms of the writing and character design based on what I've seen from the trailers, and it looks like the battle system is going to have some cool enhancements.

7. Cinemikel

Cinemikel
    Banned Member

We already knew this though?

8. Numberfox

Numberfox

I think you also get the rest of the XC2 expansion pass with the standalone, just as a download code separate from the cardtridge.

9. sanstesy

sanstesy

Oh, this wasn't confirmed until now? I thought it was.

10. JimJamJones

JimJamJones

Now I'm more confused as they already confirmed this a while back.

11. Yeah they made it very clear it was standalone when it was announced

12. CielTynave

CielTynave

So will I be able to buy it on it's own on the eShop without having to get the rest of the expansion pass too?

13. Axe

Axe

I like how NoE moved the tagline on the box art to the bottom, but I hate that they made it red. Ugh.

14. ASarafanov

ASarafanov
    Banned Member OP

Many thought that there's just an expansion pass code inside the box, and you'll need base Xeno 2 game to play Torna by redeeming an expansion pass code.

15. Glio

Glio

Jin is the husbando of all my friends who are girls so I guess according to who you ask ;)

16. Kirbivore

Kirbivore

I thought this part was cleared up rather quickly while e3 was going on

17. AfropunkNyc

AfropunkNyc

I need to see how this look in undock mode. If looks good then ill bite.

18. Oh thank god. Gonna sell Xenoblade 2.

19. Ehoavash

Ehoavash

How much is physical version

20. Glio

Glio

It is exactly the same engine, the only difference is that it seems that the party is smaller.

I do not think it will improve.

21. Denman

Denman

What if I want to buy it digitally but only buy Torna? I guess that’s impossible?

22. fiendcode

fiendcode

Yes, it’s basically like what they did with NSLU.

23. ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

This was always cleared up.

Torna Golden Country - stand alone, dont need XC2
    XC2 bonus content - need the expansion pass, included in the Golden Country physical release

24. WonderLuigi

WonderLuigi
    User requested ban Member

impossible indeed

25. foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

I'm honestly surprised at how little jinXmalos shippers there are

26. demi

demi

I dont think this was cleared up well at all during E3, considering the swarm of questions about it. This picture is more direct than the fine print going on in other trailers / pics.

27. Brend

Brend

I'm really confused now.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/xe...ountry-nintendo-switch/dgc-xbladec2goldns.htm

I assume this listing is incorrect because it says:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna Golden Country Nintendo Switch Game

Contains a code to download*:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna The Golden Country New to the story? Get the stand-alone version of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna The Golden Country.

Content of the packaged version of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna The Golden Country is the same as the additional story included in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass.

Packaged version only contains the additional story, Xenoblade 2 Torna The Golden Country.

Please Note: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is not included but required to play

Seems to imply you also NEED XC2?

28. TheGreatLugia

TheGreatLugia

Pretty sure this was confirmed at E3.
    $40
    It seems like the only way to buy it digitally is through the expansion pass.

29. Ridley327

Ridley327

You need 2 to take advantage of the DLC token that's included for the rest of the expansion pass content. Torna itself is on the card.

30. Denman

Denman

I’m all digital on my Switch and was interested in torna as kind of a snack-sized RPG. Really too bad I can’t download it as a stand alone.

31. Asbsand

Asbsand

They have that semi expensive Season Pass for the game and all.

32. Brend

Brend

Right, okay I understand.

Well, looks like I'm going physical for this one anyway. I own XC2 as well but this will be nice in the collection.

33. KCsoLucky

KCsoLucky

I wonder how it will play together with the main game. I hope there will be content that you can use your main party for(sort of like the CM arena), the ability upgrade aux core slots and Blades that can be used in present day. Hoping for

Haze or full power Jin, though not hopeful for Malos

34. Chessguy1

Chessguy1

im one of those whom quit XB2 after like 20 hours. willing to give this a shot based on the price point and it being a more compact game. hopefully launch reviews will go into detail if its really standalone and if you should buy it if you are a quitter, which i heard a ton of people did with the main game.

35. ShinobiBk

ShinobiBk

Jin X Lora baby
    Malos is asexual
    Yes I know they met when she was a little girl. It's like a Mr. Fanastic/Invisible Woman thing. Don't think too much of it

36. Glio

Glio

The most I have seen are JinxRex and JinxHaze

37. Cipher Peon

Cipher Peon

The only thing that was unclear to me was whether or not the physical release came with a cartridge.

I saw people saying both yes and no, which confused me...I'm still confused

38. Nintendo made this way more confusing than it needed to be with that small print at the end of the trailer.

39. ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

Torna Golden Country - on the cartridge
    Xenoblade 2 bonus content - download code

40. It's a prequel, set several hundred years before the maingame, but there's actually no way the story is completely standalone. There are quite a few past cutscenes in the main XB2 game and I suspect it will give away some plot twists and character motivations from 2 that were supposed to be reveals there.

41. EVA UNIT 01

EVA UNIT 01

Yessss now i can continue to avoid rex and his dumb pants

42. brinstar

brinstar

*bravely steps forward*

43. Het_Nkik

Het_Nkik

Does the UK version not come with a code for the season pass? I don't see it mentioned here:

[​IMG]

While it is mentioned here:

[​IMG]

44. Chittagong

Chittagong

I had no idea this is its own game. I obviously knew this was a prequel setting but I figured it was a few chapters and items.

45. fantomena

fantomena

Are the custom difficulty settings that came with the patch only available if you have the expansion pass? I don't have the expansion pass, but I see no "custom" difficulty" option.

46. Vesper

Vesper

When is this out?

47. Lord of Ostia

Lord of Ostia

They confirmed it was a standalone at E3 though.

48. Anteo

Anteo

Wait so the code you get also has the whiole expansion pack? Including Torna?

49. Ridley327

Ridley327

Torna is out on September 14 for expansion pass owners, while the physical release is just over a week later on the 21st.

50. Chauzu

Chauzu

Yes, Nintendo confirmed this last E3. Nice for those who prefer retail copies.