• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
This thread is inspired by the recent thread about playstation getting into the guinness book of records in being the brand that has sold the most home console. Congratulations to Playstation for that achievement.
This is no way a negative thread, just a thread to appreciate Nintendo.

Nes - 61M
Snes - 49M
GB family - 118.7
Virtual console - 3N
N64 - 32.9M
GameCube - 22M
GBA - 81.5M
DS - 154M
Wii - 101.6M
3DS - 75.4M
WiiU - 13.5M
Switch - 41M
Total - 753.6M

Nintendo is synonymous with video games. It introduced video games in a time when it was thought to be a bad hobby. It single handlely revived and expanded the dying industry. Sold 753M hardware units with switch possibly taking it to 800M in 2-3 years is not a small thing.

Nintendo could apply for the record of being the brand that has sold the most console (home+ portable) but it didn't. I think Nintendo is not interested but that's besides the point.

The point is Nintendo has survived through tougher times, you can always count on Nintendo to be back. If by any chance the next video game crisis/recession occurs , even if Sony and Microsoft leaves the industry, you can still count on good old Nintendo to revive the industry if such time comes.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
y8Ea8jB.gif

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
In what sense does it not get the respect?

The timing and the tone of the title isn't the best look btw, makes you look salty.

Depending on how long it takes for this thread to get closed, this is gonna turn into a c warrior trainwreck and an opportunity to get tribal digs in scott free, so I better skeddadle outta here.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Because they only make games which appeal to kids, the eShop is empty and there's no Netflix app on Switch.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I knew this thread would be made once I saw the other one.
Can we not appreciate positive news instead of trying to make a competition out of everything.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I mean if Nintendo wants to make themselves an award show where they give themselves awards for selling lots of stuff too, then they're free to do it.

Otherwise, I think we're pretty good at recognizing Nintendo's achievements. This thread is silly.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
I guess some people treat their favorite corporations like their favorite sports teams. Tribalism can be so dumb.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
"Please think about those Billion Dollar Companies! They need your help!"

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lmao.

Side note, when most people say console, they're referring to home consoles, not handheld systems.

To answer your question though, I think it's because Nintendo are far less consistent, at least with home consoles. If you look at Snes, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U and Switch, it's like the success of their consoles can go either way, whilst even Sony's least successful console still sold 90m.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
I like Nintendo but... this is embarassing. Dudes putting down Nintendo for being kiddie stuff are embarassing too, mind you.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Don't think anyone doesn't have respect for what Nintendo have achieved over the year tbh?

Praising one company doesn't mean that people are slating another.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't get the respect? You kidding me ?. Criticize any little thing and you get hordes of people waiting. Heck just look at this thread.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication

Do Not Create: Response Threads

A response thread is a thread created to 'respond' or react to a discussion that is already ongoing in an existing thread. This happens when a member wants to shout over posters in the other thread, or because they believe that their opinion is more important than the other replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.