1. Anecdotal of course, but I've seen a number of kids in my area with Switches of their own. Obviously that demographic will explode oncd the Switch drops to the sub-$200 range, but I definitelty feel price isn't as much a deterrent for some parents as most believe.

Personally I consider the Switch hardly more pricier than the original 3DS, and its by far the better bang for your buck. You don't even have to focus on the home console functionality either - just knowing that for $50 more and a half-hour/hour decrease in battery life, I get a device with far better graphics, build quality, and support makes the Switch worth its price tag.

2. Zool

Zool

Original 3ds was 169 euro's after a few months after release. The Switch is 329 euro. I could buy two 3ds consoles for the price of one Switch.

3. Zool

Zool

They stopped tracking Vita in 2013 or something?

4. Celine

Celine

No

5. Clefargle

Clefargle

Check again, the list shows Switch as “home console” and Nintendo themselves have called it a hybrid console. Not a portable system (only).

6. Zool

Zool

I like short answers... ... .. .
    They stopped in June 2014. Thank you for being complete.

7. Celine

Celine

They keep tracking until there is something to track.
    Past a certain point consoles sell such low amounts that don't add anything meaningful to their LTDs.

8. They kinda made two of those these last two holiday seasons.

9. jroc74

jroc74

Since the Vita was also 299, I think the price is fine.

10. Zool

Zool

Which is why it sold so badly.

11. jroc74

jroc74

So how does that explain the Switch not selling badly...

12. Malakai

Malakai

The Switch is a hybrid handheld/home console. It is in a different category.

13. GraveRobberX

GraveRobberX

Can we compare a handheld to a home console

I mean being portable, lower price point, has its advantages.

You can't say DS beat the PS2, like both are the same

14. jroc74

jroc74

My point was 299 isn't hurting the Switch.

The Vita had alot going on spec wise. If one was to look at the Switch strictly as a handheld, the 299 price is justified.

That it's a hybrid justify it even more.

15. fiendcode

fiendcode

Switch has games people want, Vita didn’t. That’s what really puts it in a different category.