• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
Why?! They found the one 30-minute time period this week where I have to be in my car driving! I'll watch the video later, I guess.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone who says that something looks like a PS2 / Game Cube game has not seen a PS2 / Game Cube game in the last 5 years.

The weird thing is I'm not even sure what modern games Three Houses is being compared. The closest equivalent for a recent SRPG is Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Three Houses looks at least in the same ballpark.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
To be fair, Xander is one of Kozaki's best design/not-shit design. Even then, I don't see what's so bland about them, or what makes Edelgard better than the other two, specially Claude.
I think that the fact that the three of them wear uniforms that are so similar and with little details may be affecting my opinion, I hope that when they begin to show characters from other origins, it will improve.

Or the designs of the three when they are promoted.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Edelgard is the only one that looks somewhat bland.
I wish people would stop using vacuous buzzwords like "bland" in general.

I think that the fact that the three of them wear uniforms that are so similar and with little details may be affecting my opinion, I hope that when they begin to show characters from other origins, it will improve.

Or the designs of the three when they are promoted.

The fact that the designs are not over-stylized or not "overly detailed" with needless features is actually a huge plus for a lot of people and disregarding that by saying it's "bland" is a bit, you know...
Not sure about you, but I always liked that Fire Emblem designs (at least pre-3DS) are way more grounded compared to a lot of other japanese games.

Actually, you brought up a good point regarding their uniforms. They are rather unique as far as the franchise goes due to being military-styled.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
Mariah in Smash please

tumblr_ol6olfsnPm1tivim4o1_400.gif

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The weird thing is I'm not even sure what modern games Three Houses is being compared. The closest equivalent for a recent SRPG is Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Three Houses looks at least in the same ballpark.
I only have problems with the textures of the floor and with the mooks.

And something as small as putting a helmet on the mooks would make it less obvious that they are all clones.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Any chance of a huge megaton like Starfox Gran Prix ( if still alive... ) or Pokemon RPG first trailer ?
Unless Nintendo has more control over marketing this time, The Pokémon Company is probably gonna reveal Gen 8 via a separate Pokémon Direct. As for Star Fox Grand Prix, there's always hope (if it exists).

Dec 11, 2017
It's happening! Rejoice and be glad, world! This is going to be amazing!

- Yoshi's Crafted World
- Fire Emblem Three Houses
- Daemon x Machina
- Animal Crossing
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- Shin Megami Tensei V
- Bayonetta 3
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
- DOOM Eternal
- Mortal Kombat 11

Not all 10 of those games have to be shown, but pick a few and sprinkle in some new/first footage and a couple of release dates/windows...plus a surprise or two, and you've got a recipe for an incredible Nintendo Direct, tomorrow!

I can't wait!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What games will get a "deep dive"?

-Fire Emblem Three Houses
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Animal Crossing
-Daemon X Machina

You can probably delete one of these. I can't decide.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
Only Metroid Prime Trilogy is rumored to possibly show up. Hollow Knight DLC looks like it will be there.

I mean it's not on the same level of announce, but given the recent Switch advert that features FF7 I think there's a very good chance of a shadow drop for that game. I'd add that to the list.

Assassins Creed 3 seems likely too.

Spyro could be in a later Direct if the August date is to be believed.

T-DR

Feb 11, 2019
Mario Maker 2, 2d zelda, Pikmin 3, and MPT are basically confirmed now that the leak has been proven real.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I already had this discussion with real Fire Emblem fans and they said one of the last games you could run around dungeons. Also the FE:TH trailer showed a character running around some castle town place.

I know they're a SRPG. I've seen video, but I didn't like there's no walking around.
That's fine, I just find that the roaming around in Echoes added nothing positive to the game. Maybe they can use it in a good way for background stories and preparations (kind of a roaming around take on Path of Radiance's base preparations), but I didn't find what Echoes did very interesting.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
If they show anything new for Yoshi's Crafted World I hope it's revealed that you can play through the game as yarn Yoshi if you use a Woolly World Amiibo.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017

-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Animal Crossing
-Daemon X Machina

Too soon for Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3 in my opinion.

Fire Emblem is confirmed, I can see a trailer for the other two.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Thought it read 35 minutes of news on Fire Emblem. Im hoping for some Pokemon + Animal Crossing stuff

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Most Directs are in the morning or mid day, aren't they? Isn't it kind of unusual to have a Direct starting a 5 PM eastern time?

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018

-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Animal Crossing
-Daemon X Machina

Three Houses and Luigi's Mansion 3 or Marvel are what I'm guessing. Too early for AC and DxM doesn't need one.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope we see something on Shin Megami Tensei V, it's feels like forever since it was announced and we don't even have any gameplay footage yet.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
FE has looked bad so far to me. Squad units isn't interesting to me. The town exploration footage reminded me of PS2 era towns. I expect explanations of all this, story, deeper dating/romance mechanics, and release date. They needed to go hex grid and speed based turn order. I didn't enjoy fates either.

Yoshi looks like a cute easy fun 5 hour $30 platformer they will charge $60 for. Release date.

PORTS GALORE! Seriously there will be a ports montage.

Maybe Smash fighter reveal

MP trilogy would buy a ton of good will from me though, especially after MP4 delay. This is the #1 reason I'll be watching. It would be nice to have a pleasant surprise from Nintendo like Mario Odyssey DLC or new Mario Golf.