Nintendo Direct 2.13.2019 (2PM PST/ 5PM EST / 10PM GMT) - 35 mins with news on Fire Emblem Three Houses

Jan 28, 2019
Pretty good Direct. Lots of variaty coming to Switch. I'm pretty excited about the Plantinum game and Link's Awakening.

This was the first time I followed the leaks and predictions on Era, and god they were INSANE. DMC trilogy, Metroid Prime trilogy, Pikmin 3 port and 4, AC, new 2D Zelda, Star Fox GP. Is it always like this? I see now why some people were dissapointed with this Direct, the hype was off the charts.

Nov 28, 2018
What happened to Animal Crossing in the direct for the September release date? 😢
I never said Animal Crossing would be in the direct. And about the release date, I just said that I heard it's in fall, so the September release date is probably real but I wasn't given a specific date yet.
Unfortunately my range of information is very small due to my source's position at NoA. I was only given Link's Awakening info for this direct, but now I realize the crab tease wasn't the best, lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I’m so proud of my fellow Nintendo Youtubers. So many of them are asking “if this was the greatest Nintendo Direct of all time?” I loved how happy they were with the announcements. One even acknowledged all these games aren’t meant for him, but he understood how great this Direct was and it wasn’t bad because it didn’t cater his favorite Nintendo franchises.

Oct 25, 2017
How do you guys feel Super Mario Maker 2 will compare by the end of the year with Animal Crossing and Pokemon?
It will be no slouch, but I think the latter will outsell it by the end of the year, though it might be more of a close race with AC.

If Pokemon is as new and radical (while not sucking) as we've heard, it's going to be monster.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good Direct. Lots of variaty coming to Switch. I'm pretty excited about the Plantinum game and Link's Awakening.

This was the first time I followed the leaks and predictions on Era, and god they were INSANE. DMC trilogy, Metroid Prime trilogy, Pikmin 3 port and 4, AC, new 2D Zelda, Star Fox GP. Is it always like this? I see now why some people were dissapointed with this Direct, the hype was off the charts.
Yeah pretty much. Also keep in mind how meager 2018 was for alot of fans and insiders constantly talking about how exciting 2019 was going to be with some teasing some of those titles.

Granted alot of them like King Zell did stress that they wouldn't be in the Direct but it still brought in alot of expectations.

Nov 8, 2017
Isnt it a bit late to announce anything remotely big for april/may now? The best thing we can hope for is unannounced eshop/indie titles..
Oh I wasn't talking 'big' games. Labo for April and a Pokemon spin-off in May are the types of games I'm talking about. That's still probably a little less than what Nintendo wanted to have out in H1 (Fire Emblem and MPT).

Oct 25, 2017
i'll be honest i don't get how you can be disappointed with this direct
like if it didn't showcase the game you wanted it just means it's not releasing before summer as this direct focused on spring & summer. there's E3 for that, but you may want to temper your expectation if you're anticipating half a dozen more major 1st party announcements for this year

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo has a lot of IP's to talk about. They can't talk about all of them in a single Direct. They do 4 or so presentations a year. They like to do around 3 of their own IP's in a single direct. September Direct had AC and Luigi's Mansion 3 as new Nintendo IP's with Super Mario Party. This direct had new Mario Maker 2 and Links Awakening with Fire Emblem. Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, etc will come, but you can't expect it all in a single direct.

Oct 25, 2017
like if it didn't showcase the game you wanted it just means it's not releasing before summer as this direct focused on spring & summer. there's E3 for that, but you may want to temper your expectation if you're anticipating half a dozen more major 1st party announcements for this year
My 3 current most wanted are FE, SMT and Bayo 3. One was delayed, the other two are MIA and basically confirmed not in this year.

Oct 25, 2017
My 3 current most wanted are FE, SMT and Bayo 3. One was delayed, the other two are MIA and basically confirmed not in this year.
I get the disappointment about the delay for FE, but it's for the best considering how better it looks compared to last E3. Both SMT & Bayo 3 weren't showcased as they aren't planned for this year (and never were).

Oct 25, 2017
I get the disappointment about the delay for FE, but it's for the best considering how better it looks compared to last E3. Both SMT & Bayo 3 weren't showcased as they aren't planned for this year (and never were).
Well, they never said SMT and Bayo 3 wouldn't be 2019. So it was basically another two deconfirmations just a few days after Prime 4 was rebooted. So yeah, it's a bit disappointing.

Helps that the Zelda I was hyped about was just a remake and some other stuff I could like to see (Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion) was not shown too. Not much for the first half of the year iin general.

It definitely had games (some that I loved to see such as Boxboy and Astral Chain), but I still felt bittersweet by the end thanks to how they announce so many games and then we notice during these presentations that they're not close at all.

Dec 8, 2017
As for when the next Direct will be, going to say it'll probably be in less than two weeks.

Tuesday, the 26th, Pokemon Direct is what I see going down soon.

Jan 15, 2019
As for when the next Direct will be, going to say it'll probably be in less than two weeks.

Tuesday, the 26th, Pokemon Direct is what I see going down soon.
I agree with you, the 26th is likely going to be Gen 8 reveal. The better question, however, is if we will get an Animal Crossing direct before E3? 🤔

I never said Animal Crossing would be in the direct. And about the release date, I just said that I heard it's in fall, so the September release date is probably real but I wasn't given a specific date yet.
Unfortunately my range of information is very small due to my source's position at NoA. I was only given Link's Awakening info for this direct, but now I realize the crab tease wasn't the best, lol.
Gotcha, sorry, wasn’t trying to act like you did. I guess someone mis-quoted what you said, what I heard was that you said AC would be in the direct, but September release date was real.

Question as for your opinion: If you think AC is coming in September, do you think we’ll hear something of it before E3? 3 months doesn’t seem like enough time to hype up a game of AC’s caliber...

Jan 15, 2019
What if Animal Crossing is in a general direct before E3?
Wouldn’t that have been this direct, if it was gonna be in a general? By the time the next general rolls around (and it’s questionable whether we’ll get a general before E3), everyone will be saying how we won’t get AC because “it’s not the time.” I kinda agree with that. AC needs like 10 minutes at the least in order to show the new aspects of the game. I think it has to be E3 or it’s own direct...

Oct 24, 2017
I hate to single out Metroid fans, but I feel like most of the disappointment is coming from them. And I don't blame them for feeling disappointed. Metroid Prime 4 was delayed to who knows when, and there's been no announcement of Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Otherwise, 2019 is extremely solid for fans of Nintendo's other IPs.

Mario IP is covered (NSMBU + Super Mario Maker 2 + Luigi's Mansion + Yoshi)
Zelda IP is covered (Link's Awakening remake)
Pokemon IP is covered. (8th gen pokemon)
Fire Emblem IP is covered. (Three Houses)
Animal Crossing IP is covered (Coming soon)
New IPs are covered. (Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina)
eShop games are covered. (Box Boy + Tetris. There's more eshop announcements coming this year.)

Oct 26, 2017
At first I was kinda disappointed because of lack of Metroid, but the more I think about it the more stuff that was shown appeals to me. Bit of a slow start to the year but it really ramps up mid year.

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to single out Metroid fans, but I feel like most of the disappointment is coming from them. And I don't blame them for feeling disappointed. Metroid Prime 4 was delayed to who knows when, and there's been no announcement of Metroid Prime Trilogy.

eShop games are covered. (Box Boy + Tetris. There's more eshop announcements coming this year.)
Yeah, overall it was a good Direct but the lack of Prime Trilogy is just kind of annoying at this point.

It’s like the one thing insiders hint at that doesn’t happen, yet the one thing I want most. Feels like the universe working against me lol.

Jan 15, 2019
I really want to know more about AC, but I’m not disappointed with the direct just because of that. I thought it was fantastic overall. Mario Maker 2 and Link’s Awakening remake could have been enough to make 2019 a good year for me. But knowing that AC is supposed to come out this year and not hearing anything about it is inherently slightly disappointing. That doesn’t mean I disliked the direct, just that I’m disappointed to not hear more about AC.

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn’t that have been this direct, if it was gonna be in a general? By the time the next general rolls around (and it’s questionable whether we’ll get a general before E3), everyone will be saying how we won’t get AC because “it’s not the time.” I kinda agree with that. AC needs like 10 minutes at the least in order to show the new aspects of the game. I think it has to be E3 or it’s own direct...
I think it’s better to have its own direct. Animal Crossing being slower paced and have a lot to show of what you can do should be its own direct.

I think it goes
Pokémon Direct
Animal Crossing Direct
General Direct or maybe even Mini Direct
E3 direct

Jan 15, 2019
I think it’s better to have its own direct. Animal Crossing being slower paced and have a lot to show of what you can do should be its own direct.

I think it goes
Pokémon Direct
Animal Crossing Direct
General Direct or maybe even Mini Direct
E3 direct
I would love that. This is the perfect schedule of directs imo. I can’t wait to hear more about Pokemon and AC specifically.

Also, I’m definitely not saying Nintendo is doomed because we didn’t see AC. I’m super happy with what they revealed in the direct. I just hope that we actually get all of the games that are dated for this year. If we do, this will be one of Nintendo’s best years in a long time. Beats 2017 imo.

Also, people need to understand that the reason people are so worried about AC is what they did with NL. They treated it like no one cared about it and were totally silent about it for over 2 years. It was 3 years after announcement to release. I don’t think that will happen this time, but I’m not convinced that it’s coming this year until I get a release date.

Jun 20, 2018
No Animal Crossing and hardly any titels before June

Feb 13, 2019
So the Daemon x Machina demo....that was kind of rough.

It had fun elements in there! But it felt kind of the controls were all over the place, framerate was bad too.
I haven't noticed bad frame rate yet but I haven't played a ton of it either. At first I was disappointed by the way my mech hits the ground after dropping from the air but then I looked at the potential upgrades and noticed one reduces movement lag after landing so I'm thinking by the end of the game your mech is going to feel amazing (depending on upgrades). I also appreciate the devs asking for feedback so I think we all need to dig deep and provide a lot of constructive info. This game has the potential to be very special.

Oct 27, 2017

No, I think most of the disappointment comes from people who want more third party representation. Nintendo can cover their own IPs but they fail at covering all genres. They depend on third parties to take that duty but so far their support has been unimpressive. There were only three big third party reveals at the direct: Oninaki, Assassin's Creed 3 and Rune Factory (Unravel too but I'm not sure it can be considered as "big" release). People, myself included, watched the direct with big expectations full of Devil May Crys and Kingdom Hearts and disappointed big time. We didn't even get that Spyro announcement that was heavily rumored.

I don't know if it's going to be improved, but second half of the year has no third party game slated for release other than Dragon Quest games and that worries some folks. I mean, simple last gen ports can make lots of people real happy (like Dragon's Dogma announcement) but even they are pretty rare.

Jun 25, 2018
Germany

With the mystery games #1-3 all covered and all pretty big hitters (Mario Maker 2, Zelda, Astral Chain) would you say that #4 is in the same ballpark or is it a smaller game?

Nov 8, 2017
No, I think most of the disappointment comes from people who want more third party representation. Nintendo can cover their own IPs but they fail at covering all genres. They depend on third parties to take that duty but so far their support has been unimpressive. There were only three big third party reveals at the direct: Oninaki, Assassin's Creed 3 and Rune Factory (Unravel too but I'm not sure it can be considered as "big" release). People, myself included, watched the direct with big expectations full of Devil May Crys and Kingdom Hearts and disappointed big time. We didn't even get that Spyro announcement that was heavily rumored.

I don't know if it's going to be improved, but second half of the year has no third party game slated for release other than Dragon Quest games and that worries some folks. I mean, simple last gen ports can make lots of people real happy (like Dragon's Dogma announcement) but even they are pretty rare.
Are there actually many third party games announced for H2 on any platform right now?

Late ports etc can be announced on Twitter and don't need directs.

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, the entire time I was just waiting for the MPT announcement. Luckily for me I'm also a huge DQ fan so that was an awesome surprise but I can totally understand people being upset about no Metroid.