• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Hope we get a Joker release date for smash. And if it's close then maybe the next character's trailer as well.

Looking forward to more Fire Emblem info and release date.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Time for Veronica in Smash. And we're getting the complete Metroid Prime collection. Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt, Metroid Prime Pinball, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid Prime: Trilogy, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, and Metroid Prime: Blast Ball all in one complete package.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

2 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 0 + 1 + 9 = 18

18 - 13 = 5

T-Minus 1 day until the direct.

5 - 1 = 4

Metroid Prime 4 con-fucking-firmed

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully FE and LM3 look in better shape than when we last saw them. Beyond that AC and the rumored Mario Maker 2 don't do a whole lot for me, so hopefully we get some other interesting stuff like the supposed 2D Zelda, Retro's game, or something else entirely.

Kissenkopf

Nov 1, 2017
Mein Land!
I see we're already at the part where people predict they're going to show 5 things total, with 10 minutes focused on a single game...which is proven wrong every single time, yet still gets predicted.

Stay losing!

I hate those comments so much. It's always wrong, never funny and just makes the poster look like an idiot for everybody who watched a Nintendo Direct in the last 3 years.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its time

ZKieaDj.png
I don't know what's more disturbing, this picture or your avatar.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
For all the worrying about FE having a segment to itself is there any presentation that went for longer than around 5 minutes? I don't think spotlights go any where close to 10 minutes much less beyond that time.

At this point I hope the segment isn't bad like when they did Xenoblade 2's spotlight. I love that game but that literally couldn't be a worse way to sell that game to people who weren't already Xenoblade fans. As long as it isn't anything like that then we're golden.
Oooff yeah that XB2 almost turned me off the game with the "factions" getting that focus when it really didn't matter.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to see more of Three Houses. Hopefully it looks a lot better than what they showed off at E3.

Praying for more SMTV news.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
All I want from this direct is a one minute Animal Crossing trailer, with a title reveal and a release window. Please.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Is there any link of that? I would really love to hear it.
Ah, my mistake, it wasn't on the podcast, but on the new episode of Friend Code (which is still unlisted, but should become publicly available in a couple of hours). Around 14:15 minutes Damiani says something like "Apparently, when Retro caught wind of the development troubles they approached Nintendo with a 1 minute concept video for MP4 and showed them that they had the MP Trilogy Remaster ready to go on Switch".

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
About fucking time honestly. Can't wait to see Joker. Also, was there any leaks about the direct on a 13th?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Name change to "The BBQ Pit."
Samus Aran's Texas BBQ

The next Metroid Prime will in fact see Samus on a wild west cattle rustling adventure as a marketing tie-in, including power-ups related to her new Cowgirl Zero Armor. Get those new spurs for a speed-burst on your horse! Wrangle cattle more effectively with your Lasso Beam!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pick one to end the Direct with (new game). I wanted to be "somewhat" realistic.

-Super Mario Maker 2
-2D Zelda
-Retro's Star Fox
-Pikmin 4

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
It always makes me laugh how these threads blow up when they haven't even shown anything yet

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
For all the worrying about FE having a segment to itself is there any presentation that went for longer than around 5 minutes? I don't think spotlights go any where close to 10 minutes much less beyond that time.

At this point I hope the segment isn't bad like when they did Xenoblade 2's spotlight. I love that game but that literally couldn't be a worse way to sell that game to people who weren't already Xenoblade fans. As long as it isn't anything like that then we're golden.
The spotlights are always exceedingly boring and go on forever. They tend to paint games in a bad light that makes them look very unexciting, and they always drag down for what feels forever and feel like they are taking over the entire Direct. (Sometimes they do, like in last year's E3 Direct, which was bitterly dissapointing)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think there's a good chance we will see all 5 titles, but I only expect a deep dive (that is, several minutes of gameplay) for LM3, FE:3H, and AC. MUA3 and DxM I expect to get a short trailer.

Besides that, I think we could see 2D Zelda as a major new reveal, and SMM2 has a chance at being the megaton in this direct imo.
Oh ok. That makes sense.