• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
To explain to people, when they highlight a specific title like Fire Emblem here, that means they are going to spend a much greater length of time showcasing it than anything else.

If you've actually watched recent directs, most games only get shown for like 30-60 seconds. When they highlight a title, that says at least 5-10 minutes will be spend talking about that specific one. So, I wouldn't expect that amount of time on anything else. Not Luigi's Mansion, not Daemon x Machina, not Animal Crossing, etc. They would've said beforehand

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
Prediction time? Prediction time!

First party spotlights:
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses (May release date)
  • Yoshi's Crafted World (levels, features, Labo support)
  • Super Smash Bros. DLC (Joker reveal, April release date)
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 (update, summer release date)
  • Super Mario Maker 2 (short teaser, 2018 release date)
Third party spotlights:
  • Final Fantasy VII (shadow drop or March release date)
  • Kingdom Hearts remix/port (sizzle reel, summer release date)
  • Mortal Kombat XI (sizzle reel)
  • Dragon Quest XI S (trailer, 2018 release date)
  • SoulCalibur VI (teaser, 2018 release date)
I'm guessing no Animal Crossing or other first party megatons, but still looking forward to this.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Metroid Prime Trilogy is due out soon if it gets revealed in the Direct.

Also, I hope we'll get a teaser for the 2D Zelda!

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I know the direct length is not a good indicator of content, as we've had several really good 30 minute directs. But I have to say,I do not want any long 5 minute walk throughs of Yoshi or any single title... Just give us news and trailers in as quick a pace as possible

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Prediction time? Prediction time!

First party spotlights:
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses (May release date)
  • Yoshi's Crafted World (levels, features, Labo support)
  • Super Smash Bros. DLC (Joker reveal, April release date)
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 (update, summer release date)
  • Super Mario Maker 2 (short teaser, 2018 release date)
Third party spotlights:
  • Final Fantasy VII (shadow drop or March release date)
  • Kingdom Hearts remix/port (sizzle reel, summer release date)
  • Mortal Kombat XI (sizzle reel)
  • Dragon Quest XI S (trailer, 2018 release date)
  • SoulCalibur VI (teaser, 2018 release date)
I'm guessing no Animal Crossing or other first party megatons, but still looking forward to this.
It's 2019 already my friend xD

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
20 minutes of Reggie or we riot
a041b9e246b9ebfbad5d1c1kky.gif

Oct 28, 2017
So my predictions:

- Fire Emblem info dump with April release date
- Pikmin 3 port with May release date, plus Pikmin 4 teaser
- Wonderful 101 port
- Metroid Prime Trilogy spring release date
- Animal Crossing full title, new details and release window but no concrete date
- Pokemon gen 8 teaser trailer
- Mario Maker 2 announcement, "more to come at E3"
- Star Fox GP announced with summer 2019 release date
- Joker gameplay and Erdrick reveal trailer

The rumored 2D Zelda will be held back until E3 where it's announcement will be the megaton for the E3 Direct.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I want to think we will see Animal Crossing, but I imagine that will be an E3 unveiling. :/ I hope I'm
wrong!

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
The spotlights are always exceedingly boring and go on forever. They tend to paint games in a bad light that makes them look very unexciting, and they always drag down for what feels forever and feel like they are taking over the entire Direct. (Sometimes they do, like in last year's E3 Direct, which was bitterly dissapointing)
They did a really good job with Mario Tennis Aces last March and Octopath in September 2017.

So I'll say it depends on how good the spotlight is.

meaulnes

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I just saw the time is 11PM CET, which is great for me as I will be flying from Bulgaria in the afternoon/evening and arriving home at around 10PM CET.
I had already assumed I would miss this one!

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
20 minutes of Reggie or we riot
The direct opens. Reggie is doing a backstroke in an Olympic swimming pool. The audience thinks "Hmm, what could this be teasing? Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games? Wave Race?" Reggie reaches the edge of the pool, then turns around and swims back to the other side. He moves leisurely, slowly, deliberately. After a few minutes, he reaches the edge of the pool. Bill Trinen is waiting for him, and he hands him a towel. Reggie dries off with the towel for 2 full minutes, then they go to the sauna. We are treated to Reggie and Bill relaxing in the Sauna for 6 minutes before either speaks. Bill turns to Reggie.

"You know what I heard is coming out soon?"

"Of course I have Bill, I'm Reggie."

Bill chuckles and they go back to relaxing. after 4 more minutes, they leave the sauna. The camera pans out, further and further until we are viewing the city of Redmond Washington from the sky. It is beautiful. Somehow, Reggie walks across the screen. It is a green screen he is in front of, it turns out. He is holding a Wendy's restaurant paper bag. He opens the bag and pulls out a silver wrapped hamburger. He opens the wrapper, and reveals Wendy's new Mushroom and Swiss burger. He thoughtfully takes a bite. And then another. Reggie eats the entire sandwich. Reggie never takes his eyes off the camera. He nods, and walks off the screen. The smallest of print appears at the very bottom of the blank screen.

Animal Crossing releases April 26th, 2019

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Continued trolling over a series of posts; returning from a ban and resuming banned behavior
Hey Fosko I want you from now on to predict in every Direct thread because then I know it's always the opposite of what you say. :)

35 minutes might be the longest mini Direct in Direct history.
The length doesn't matter, the content does. I said it'd have FE stuff, maybe LM3, ports...

No big announcements as we expected for a january direct.

dedacc

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Daemon X Machina is probably my most anticipated title that's known right now (outside of Metroid Prime 4), that said, they don't need to go all-too deep into it, we've had a pretty decent rundown at gamescom already, just give me the date already!

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon almost definitely isn't going to be there. TPCi usually does shit on their own (E3 being a very recent exception) and Pokemon Day is literally only two weeks away from the Direct.

Kissenkopf

Nov 1, 2017
Mein Land!
The length doesn't matter, the content does. I said it'd have FE stuff, maybe LM3, ports, etc.

Wohooo!! We will have SO many suprise announcements!!
You are a funny member of this board and I think you don't believe in what you are writing. ;)

I like how your write "etc." what you can use for EVERY other game they show. :D

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I can't believe they're only going to show fe and that the maps they show off are going to be the only ones in the whole game smh

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
The length doesn't matter, the content does. I said it'd have FE stuff, maybe LM3, ports, etc.

No you didn't say that :

Fosko said:
As I said, the only thing we could get is a direct mini with a Mario Tennis tier announcement, release dates and some ports. That's what I mean with "even if there's a direct".

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...d-about-something-read-op.98257/post-17732725

Just eat your crow and move on. Moving goalpoasts is pathetic behaviour.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ptolemaios
I hope we get a close Fire Emblem release date, and that there is only 1 version of the game. I don't want to buy the additional campaigns again like in Fates.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't mean it would be called mini, I just said it would be essentially a mini direct, as it wouldn't be a big direct like the January one we where hyped for.

Sure like always you can't admit that you are wrong and you spin the news into your favor, no news here. I am officially done with you and I am gonna put you on ignore and report you for trolling. Have a nice day.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
The direct opens. Reggie is doing a backstroke in an Olympic swimming pool. The audience thinks "Hmm, what could this be teasing? Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games? Wave Race?" Reggie reaches the edge of the pool, then turns around and swims back to the other side. He moves leisurely, slowly, deliberately. After a few minutes, he reaches the edge of the pool. Bill Trinen is waiting for him, and he hands him a towel. Reggie dries off with the towel for 2 full minutes, then they go to the sauna. We are treated to Reggie and Bill relaxing in the Sauna for 6 minutes before either speaks. Bill turns to Reggie.

"You know what I heard is coming out soon?"

"Of course I have Bill, I'm Reggie."

Bill chuckles and they go back to relaxing. after 4 more minutes, they leave the sauna. The camera pans out, further and further until we are viewing the city of Redmond Washington from the sky. It is beautiful. Somehow, Reggie walks across the screen. It is a green screen he is in front of, it turns out. He is holding a Wendy's restaurant paper bag. He opens the bag and pulls out a silver wrapped hamburger. He opens the wrapper, and reveals Wendy's new Mushroom and Swiss burger. He thoughtfully takes a bite. And then another. Reggie eats the entire sandwich. Reggie never takes his eyes off the camera. He nods, and walks off the screen. The smallest of print appears at the very bottom of the blank screen.

Animal Crossing releases April 26th, 2019

Bravo sir