• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
But we know that Nintendo will sit on games that are done for business reasons :P
If they think Luigi's mansion 3 would perform better in early 2020 when its not against Pokemon, Animal Crossing and 2D Zelda, I can see them delaying it :( I hope you're right though!
They aren't sitting on a game like that for a year and a half when they already showed it mid 2018. it could easily be LA in september, LM3 october, pokemon november, AC december.

RibMac

Feb 6, 2019
They aren't sitting on a game like that for a year and a half when they already showed it mid 2018. it could easily be LA in september, LM3 october, pokemon november, AC december.

But by the same reasoning, they shouldn't have delayed Yoshi (shown in E3 2017, and it looked pretty complete). I guess we will have to wait and see, but personally I am not expecting all these exclusives to launch Q3/Q4 (although I hope they do!)

Nov 13, 2017
MPT HD will the "one last thing" for the E3 2019 Direct.

You heard it here first*

That would be so underwhelming. A simple HD port of a relatively niche series available on the GC, Wii, and Wii U.

I think it's going to be either Pokemon, or some unannounced game. Animal Crossing is huge and great, but it's not catered to the crowd that goes to E3, and I don't think Nintendo will end with that.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know that this is gonna be an amazing year for Switch when Nintendo showed all this on Direct and we already know that there so much yet to be shown "AC,LM3,Pokemon etc".

Also alot of third party games are yet to be announced "some in March" that will make this year even more amazing.
Phew lawd

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was so excited after watching the Direct for these amazing games appeared on it. Then, I came to Era and found out that most of the discussions are about negative sentiment towards art style, school settings, thigh stockings etc, in unreasonable ways. A good dose of criticism is good for everyone, but when we ignore the good stuff and only discuss those things you don't like, it becomes a problem.

Taking Fire Emblem as an example. I have seen countless posts saying the school background "kills" their interest in the game. I can totally understand not all people think highly of this setting. However, many people are ignoring all the good stuff that this setting can bring to the series, including units customization, affinity events, resources management etc. These features exist in past titles, but undoubtedly not in this scale. The monastery being the hub world has a huge potential right there, but somehow it is reduced to a "anime setting" only. When developers are going bold and wanting to try different things in different entries of the series, some fans just cannot get over the fact that this game is not serving the fantasy and the "right" setting inside their heads which makes them blind to possibilities and potentials. Fire Emblem is my favorite series of all time, but I am so disheartening to the direction of these discussions that I will probably stay far away from the discussion thread.
Old comment i know but I have to echo this sentiment so much that it hurts. I decided i wanted tk read the fire emblem deep dive thread, i read it when it 1st came out but it was way too negative and makes me think FE fans of old didnt realize the series was anime and from japan, so i skipped to a random page, page 10 and they were still talking about the same exact stuff and just full of negativity and ignoring thats that was in past or always apart of FE to say that modern FE is bad but I just want to see actual discussion about the game :(

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Old comment i know but I have to echo this sentiment so much that it hurts. I decided i wanted tk read the fire emblem deep dive thread, i read it when it 1st came out but it was way too negative and makes me think FE fans of old didnt realize the series was anime and from japan, so i skipped to a random page, page 10 and they were still talking about the same exact stuff and just full of negativity and ignoring thats that was in past or always apart of FE to say that modern FE is bad but I just want to see actual discussion about the game :(
Hey, thanks for replying to my post. I am also one of the "old" fans who start playing the series from GBA era and have completed all three GBA games. As you have said, the series is always heavily influenced by anime, and anime is not a static thing. It keeps getting changed due to taste and such, thereby also directly affecting the tone and style of FE. I welcome these changes, if it means the life of the series can be prolonged. In reality, these changes did not only enable the series to survive, now more new players play attention to the series and the new entries keep breaking past sales record and it has become one of the most important franchises of Nintendo. In addition, these changes do not affect the core gameplay at all. I consider Fates to be the new height in terms of gameplay and I kept floored by the AI as well as enemy placement of it. The series is at its best and I think Three Houses can only be better, with both evolved core gameplay (eg. unit formation) as well as customization being strengthened. It is crazy to me that these "fans" can only look at the most superficial things of Three Houses without actually considering what it adds to the game.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know that this is gonna be an amazing year for Switch when Nintendo showed all this on Direct and we already know that there so much yet to be shown "AC,LM3,Pokemon etc".

Also alot of third party games are yet to be announced "some in March" that will make this year even more amazing.
Damn man stop it. Why you keep making me so excited!

Dec 18, 2018
Uh but they said they are interested in 5 games coming. It's not their fault those games qre all backloaded and nintendo's first half is like empty. Metroid prime 4 is eventually coming. Prime trilogy will at some point. Other games I want are. Some games have so far. You still are allowrd to criticize.
I played all those games.
I played all those games.
so Most people can't play Wii U games on the switch , because you already played them?

36f.gif

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Wow I meant to quote something else and now im in here...uh sorry everyone didin't mean to !