• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Please. The game actually has a lot of content.

People were too fixated on the 4 boards. Had it come with Just 2 more, there wouldn't have been that big of outcry.
NDCube spread themselves thin with the amount of different modes, so each mode felt a little thin. Hopefully they cut one of the modes so that the others can have more to do. The rhythm game mode is fun, but it's kind of the odd duckling. That can go. River Survival fits Mario Party better, but needs more minigames.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys he not telling the whole truth. Please read the entire description of the video. They list a sizzle reel of games.

They also list Viewtiful Joe port, Monolith Soft new IP and new 3D Mario

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Okay, going back to that SpawnWave discussion list (which I doubt is actually reflective of the Direct)... it would be the most amazing Direct of all time:
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Terry Bogard reveal
  • Super Mario 3D World port
  • Pikmin 3 port
  • Pikmin 4
  • SNES - Nintendo Switch Online
  • New Update for Super Mario Maker 2
  • Super Mario Party 2
  • Star Fox
  • 2D Metroid
  • Monolith New IP
  • New 3D Mario Game
Obviously not all of these are happening, but this is beyond a dream direct.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I think most people love it. Got it for my sister and she played more than 30 hours of it without me and loves the game.

I agree that the minigames are pretty good, the dice stuff is fun and the maps are better than previous entries. Still it's crazy they only made 4 maps and they all are pretty similar and small.
Yeah, I think SMP is pretty good (biggest problem by far is the lack of boards; should've had six like most MP games do). Shame a potential sequel might tone it down with the Joy-Con usage (with the Switch Lite; probably tuning the game more towards local wireless play).

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Guys he not telling the whole truth. Please read the entire description of the video. They list a sizzle reel of games.

They also list Viewtiful Joe port, Monolith Soft new IP and new 3D Mario

Viewtiful Joe would fit with Peer's GCN bomba port if it's a collection incmuding 1 and 2. Viewtiful Joe 1 was a mild success, but Viewtiful Joe 2 was not as lucky.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario Party 2 would be very welcome, assuming it has online. I sold my copy entirely because I couldn't play with distant mates.
2D Metroid has long been rumoured, assumed that Mercury Steam are working on a follow-up. Would be delightful to see this revealed, but I'd take a Samus Returns port too.
Pikmin 4 is like...vaporware at this point, and I just want to see it revealed. It's such a delightful series, and would be right at home on Switch.
Star Fox returning and not being hot shit would be nice too.

I mean, if all four of those land in a single Direct, that's a big deal.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Any chance Nintendo creates a DS adaptor for the Switch?? The DS and 3DS library is so big that letting it sit there on dead portables when technically it can play on the Switch, should be a great priority. Hope at least in switch 2, it becomes BC with Switch and 3DS library.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Someone mentioned light gun games a page back or so. I would absolutely be in favor of the Resident Evil: Umbrella/Darkside chronicles games making it over.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario Party 2
Pikmin 3
Pikmin 4
3D World port
New 3D Mario
2D Metroid
Monolith Soft new IP

Greatest direct ever

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The entire zelda 3d saga being ported for the switch, including the 3ds remake ones

Oh boy i dream about this a fucking lot

Abicus

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Okay, going back to that SpawnWave discussion list (which I doubt is actually reflective of the Direct)... it would be the most amazing Direct of all time:
  • Pikmin 3 port
  • Pikmin 4
  • Super Mario Party 2
  • Star Fox
  • 2D Metroid
  • Monolith New IP
  • New 3D Mario Game
That would be the best Nintendo anything ever. That tops their E3's and everything.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
  • Pikmin 3 port
  • Pikmin 4
  • Super Mario Party 2
  • Star Fox
  • 2D Metroid
  • Monolith New IP
  • New 3D Mario Game

As far as first party stuff goes that sounds plausible if they are going to be hinting at games that could all possibly release before next E3 plus a bonus (Mario) announcement and Pimkin 4 just because 3 was announced

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
OK insiders, put your money where your mouths are: on a scale of '10/10 definitely confirmed' to '12/10 shadow dropping after the Direct, ask your Mom', how confirmed is the Wonderful 101 port?

I understand if you can't come right out and say it publicly. Just key your handset once for Yes, twice for Double Yes.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Ok, well I guess there's Mystery Game #4. Especially considering she said no one guessed it and it's not exciting.

absolutely not. she specifically said it wasn't exciting

If I actually said that, then I misspoke.
I honestly couldn't tell you whether it's exciting or not. Because I haven't seen it with my own eyes.
It's something new from Nintendo. I'm interested to learn more about it myself.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm surprised we haven't gotten any new leaks yet! Or they're probably all waiting til tomorrow morning to post them.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
I honestly couldn't tell you whether it's exciting or not. Because I haven't seen it with my own eyes.
It's something new from Nintendo. So I'm interested to learn more about it myself.
I was simply quoting from Raccoon, I apologize, I didn't read that you said that yourself.

And that does actually sound exciting, new should be fun. We will see.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Ooh so it can be literally anything at this point!

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
I guessed the direct date exactly on another forum, so I'm going to throw my hopes/predictions out in the hope my luck carries over :P

• Direct starts with the next Smash reveal - I really hope the leak regarding who it is isn't true, absolute most boring nobody character they could have picked if it is. I don't really have any wishes here anymore. Maybe Phoenix Wright?
  • LM3 gets shown off, DQXI gets a quick trailer.
  • Bethesda/Panic Button bringing Fallout to the Switch
  • Pikmin Collection (remaster of 1, 2 and 3) announced for release in November, 4 in development for release next year.
  • Bayonetta 3 teaser shown off, release date given as October 2020.
  • New Pokemon starters have their evolutions shown
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (both Rescue Team and Explorers) get ported to Switch, with remastered music and graphics (not remade - the pixel art is perfect as it is). Alternatively, a new PMD in the style of the first two is announced.
  • Pokemon/Fire Emblem crossover; with FE gameplay and Pokemon elements (like Conquest) announced for release next year.
  • New WarioWare announced, releasing April next year.
  • SNES games being added to Online, available after the direct. DKC, SMW, Earthbound (a total of 10 games including these) are available from the start.
  • Super Mario Party 2 announced for release next June
  • Animal Crossing gets another trailer
  • Indie/3rd Party reel
  • Direct closes with the reveal of Super Mario Odyssey 2; releasing next July.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
weird it hasn't happened yet
I was shocked that Ubisoft skipped Keighley's gamescom show. Both Gods and Monsters and R6 Quarantine are due for this fiscal year, and none have shown gameplay yet. Then again, EA is waiting until tomorrow to reveal a new PvZ shooter for this year, so marketing cycles have gotten shorter and shorter.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Umm this is big news. We though it was an old Ip. It sounds like it's a new IP.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
that's interesting.

Now I think it's a smaller Int Sys game. Or a small game from Arzest or NST.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Sounds like a New IP to me (or a revival of a franchise that hasn't had an installment in a long time).

Status
Not open for further replies.