• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i can't believe emily is going to alter the nintendo direct based on the responses to this question

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the star fox franchise we're talking about, how many games in it are basically just the SNES game remade by this point lol?
I know not many actually played Zero, but the plot in that game implies there's a multiverse and the game itself is an AU of the original game. The plot even has some stuff about weird portals and that General Pepper is hiding something about it. Felt like all this was building to a sequel where this would get explored, but welp the game bombed so I guess they're never picking up that storyline again.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Yeah, I feel like TW101 and Pikmin 3. I'd personally hope for SM3DW and PMCS... the former because it's great and the latter because I never got around to buying it.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Predictions:
-Overwatch with Metroid, Mario, Zelda crossover skins
-Master Chief is DLC 5 for Smash
-Halo Master Chief Collection coming to Switch
-Shadow drop Zelda BotW 2
-Destiny 2 New Light for Switch with Pokemon crossover for the new pet-catching system
-Switch Pro with PC game streaming
-Switch Pro Dock for existing owners
-SNES, N64, Gamecube, GBC/A, 3/DS coming to Switch Online
-Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword HD Trilogy pack
-Metroid Prime Trilogy Shadow Drop
-Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D HD remaster dual pack
-Zelda Hero of Time: Game 3 is now in development, sequel to Majora's Mask, same engine

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
This is the star fox franchise we're talking about, how many games in it are basically just the SNES game remade by this point lol?

Well, let's see

Lylat Wars games

Star Fox
Star Fox 64/Star Fox 64 3D
Star Fox Zero

Original games

Star Fox 2
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault
Star Fox Command

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
If you could pick two Wii U ports to appear tomorrow, what would you pick?
I never owned a WiiU, so I would go with 3D World and TMS. Pikmin 3 would also be great, but with Pikmin 4 coming out eventually, I'm kinda focused on that. Also, super intriguing news about "something new from Nintendo". Definitely more interested in Game #4's reveal than I initially was just from that tidbit.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TMS and Xenoblade X. JRPG Switch is best Switch.
It's true and we all know with these ports these two games will finally get the recognition they deserve.

Xenoblade X will sell 1.5M and make Elma a popular character enough to get in Smash Final Pass 2 (Only First Party Characters), with X-2 being announced in a year.
Same will happen with TMS, that will go on to sell 2.5M boosted by being "Persona-But-Actually-Good". Tsubasa Oribe joins the first party pass as well and TMS becomes a long running franchise for Atlus/Nintendo.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, let's see

Lylat Wars games

Star Fox
Star Fox 64/Star Fox 64 3D
Star Fox Zero

Original games

Star Fox 2
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault
Star Fox Command
So basically half of the franchise is literally the same game over and over again and the only one that is, for the most part, actually liked. Like I said, time to give a franchise that actually has multiple actually good games a chance again please.

I know not many actually played Zero, but the plot in that game implies there's a multiverse and the game itself is an AU of the original game. The plot even has some stuff about weird portals and that General Pepper is hiding something about it. Felt like all this was building to a sequel where this would get explored, but welp the game bombed so I guess they're never picking up that storyline again.
For all the frustration that star fox brings me, it always baffles me how Nintendo consistently seems to drop the ball on it. Meanwhile, Ubisoft is just over there playing with toys and manages to make a more interesting unique star fox game than all of the other original ones basically by accident. It's ridiculous.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
What two would you pick?

If I had to choose based on my interests, then probably 3D World and Pikmin 3.

I think Pikmin 3 is an almost perfect game, and 3D World is basically made for multiplayer (perfect for joy-cons)

Also, don't lose hope for a port of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Nintendo and Atlus have been listening...

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Was discussing this this morning with a friend. There were a few games on Wii U I bought and didn't play more than a couple hours of - DKC:TF, Pikmin 3, TW101 (demo only), Wind Waker HD. I suppose with how easily I finished DKC:TF on Switch, I'd probably appreciate the other games more this go around.

Lets say:
1. TW101
2. Pikmin 3

I'd love for a port of SM3DWorld but that's mostly for my partner. She adored Odyssey and I'm sure she'd appreciate some of 3DWorld as well. (Even better would be an HD remaster of Galaxy 1/2 :) )

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I had to choose based on my interests, then probably 3D World and Pikmin 3.

I think Pikmin 3 is an almost perfect game, and 3D World is basically made for multiplayer (perfect for joy-cons)

Also, don't lose hope for a port of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Nintendo and Atlus have been listening...
Ohhhhhh TMS they've been listening

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
It has not even been 24 hours and this has 50+ pages, watching these threads is always amazing, I don't know what causes the fervent behavior and need to post here. Its very interesting.

I am excited for the direct though.

Show us the evolutions for the starters already.

Muras

Oct 28, 2017
If you could pick two Wii U ports to appear tomorrow, what would you pick?
Xenoblade Chronicles X and Super Mario 3D World.

To be honest, neither of these ports would be for me, unless Xenoblade X had a significant amount of extra content in it. I mean, there's nothing wrong with my Wii U version that I still play occasionally. But I'd like to see them ported so more people can experience them. I really believe Xeno X would do quite well given how well the Switch itself has been selling, and how well Xenoblade 2 sold. Xenoblade X is definitely very different from Xenoblade 2, but I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who haven't played it and are curious about the game.

I think Super Mario 3D World will happen eventually, one way or another though. I'd bet Nintendo is probably saving it for a dry period/break between other releases.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Hey those are the two I want. So sad we don't already have a Pikmin 4... hopefully we get Pikmin 3 + a Pikmin 4 announcement. and I really to play 3D World again. Although I enjoyed Odyssey, I can't help but feel a 3D World 2 would have satisfied me more.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I guessed the direct date exactly on another forum, so I'm going to throw my hopes/predictions out in the hope my luck carries over :P

• Direct starts with the next Smash reveal - I really hope the leak regarding who it is isn't true, absolute most boring nobody character they could have picked if it is. I don't really have any wishes here anymore. Maybe Phoenix Wright?
  • LM3 gets shown off, DQXI gets a quick trailer.
  • Bethesda/Panic Button bringing Fallout to the Switch
  • Pikmin Collection (remaster of 1, 2 and 3) announced for release in November, 4 in development for release next year.
  • Bayonetta 3 teaser shown off, release date given as October 2020.
  • New Pokemon starters have their evolutions shown
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (both Rescue Team and Explorers) get ported to Switch, with remastered music and graphics (not remade - the pixel art is perfect as it is). Alternatively, a new PMD in the style of the first two is announced.
  • Pokemon/Fire Emblem crossover; with FE gameplay and Pokemon elements (like Conquest) announced for release next year.
  • New WarioWare announced, releasing April next year.
  • SNES games being added to Online, available after the direct. DKC, SMW, Earthbound (a total of 10 games including these) are available from the start.
  • Super Mario Party 2 announced for release next June
  • Animal Crossing gets another trailer
  • Indie/3rd Party reel
  • Direct closes with the reveal of Super Mario Odyssey 2; releasing next July.
I always think wild posts like this are super suspicious. Like you have inside info and peppered it in between random stuff so you don't get got.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so TMS is like 102% confirmed. i hope it's not a 1:1 port and it's more like the enhanced ports atlus does all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.