• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
3rd Part Port fest is fucking amazing and Deadly Premonition 2 is even crazier, but only 1 new announcement from Nintendo and 2 Ports/Remakes? The January/February Direct is gonna be even fucking crazier cause Nintendo doesn't have shit in terms of new games for the upcoming year announced. Holy shit did they both live up to my expectations and yet not fully reach them. 9/10 direct

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Really nice direct imo. I can't imagine wanting more games to play on your Switch leading into April. IDK it's been a long day and I'm not interested in a bunch of "meh" responses.

Sakurai is a treasure.

I want to watch more videos like this from him where he plays games and teaches about the history of them!

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also we are probably getting Mario and/or Zelda trailers at The Game Awards as we might get another year where both of those games are released together.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Another Direct, another complete lack of Wonderful 101. My disappointment is beyond measure.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Knew it. I just knew that people will be mad as usual about the Direct because it didn't reveal what they wanted lol.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, this didn't seem necessary? Honestly if they surprised uploaded some youtube videos or tweets especially for Xenoblade, it would've been more effective. They really needed a bomb announcement.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I had extremely low expectations. Even though I hope for Metroid every single time, the only thing I actually expected was SNES VC with an extremely small selection of games at launch and launching in a few months.

It launches tomorrow with Metroid, F-Zero and Starfox so yeah, thats good. Also the controllers use USB-C and are cheap, that's dope as fuck.

As a nice surprise, one of my favorite games ever, Xenoblade Chronicles, is getting a remaster with remade graphics and it looks absolutely beautiful.

So in the end it turned out decent even if I can't shake off my eternal disappointment stemming from the lack of Metroid.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Gotta love how if Nintendo dares to spend more than 5 minutes on a game someone isn't interested in, it bring down an entire Direct that was mostly meant for the rest of 2019. I get that Animal Crossing isn't everyone's thing but come on, there's always some overreacting there.

Anyway, it was a solid Direct for me. Saw enough things I liked so I'm good.

That section didn't reveal any new information (which is fine, since I appreciate it was all only announced during a Treehouse), and it dragged on. The woman narrating it (I recognise the voice) didn't need to speak that slowly. It felt as if they were trying to fill time, which... I'm surprised they'd need to do. That section could've been 2-3 minutes long, not nearly 6. It would've been better if they announced anything substantial about the game, but they didn't.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
What shit support from Capcom. DMC2? Really? Selling the three games separately, instead of releasing the HD collection. Fuck off Capcom.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Got kinda salty during the Animal Crossing trailer because it was almost entirely stuff that was either revealed in the original trailer or in the e3 treehouse, and looking at the clock knowing there were only a few minutes left for the direct, and just accepting that shin megami tensei 5 was going to be a no show.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Y'all, I love Animal Crossing and will happily dump 200+ hours into it. But they spent 7 minutes telling us shit we already knew.

Liyfda

Oct 27, 2017
Probably my favorite Direct in a while. Just a constant level of amazing releases & dropping games today.

More jolly vibes from Animal Crossing
Banjo releases today
SNES releases tomorrow
Deadly Premonition today
Deadly Premonition 2 announced
Xenoblade fixed faces edition announced
Pretty neat Kirby game today
New DLC fighters planned announced
-- There were plenty more, but I'm too excited to remember other ones.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
It didn't help that most of the time spent on AC was recapping already known stuff.
Fair point though I'm sure they've done it before. Couldn't be all that shocking imo.

The September 2018 Direct was also meant for 2018 but Nintendo announced Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing.
There wasn't a single game in this Direct which is nearly as big as one of these.
This is also true. Though I'm sure Deadly Premonition 2 is quite a surprise even if it isn't on the same scale. I wouldn't think we'd be so lucky to get something similar again the year after.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
They announced 2 new games and a remake in 40 minutes. The rest were ports. Only nintendo could get away with that lol.
Also, YESSSSSSSSS XENOBLADE CHRONICLES REMAKE!!!

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
3rd Part Port fest is fucking amazing and Deadly Premonition 2 is even crazier, but only 1 new announcement from Nintendo and 2 Ports/Remakes? The January/February Direct is gonna be even fucking crazier cause Nintendo doesn't have shit in terms of new games for the upcoming year announced. Holy shit did they both live up to my expectations and yet not fully reach them. 9/10 direct
Shit you're right... I know it's a meme to talk about the next direct immediately after one, but damn next one is going to deliver lol, we don't know as much about 2020 that we knew about 2019 last september.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Xenoblade ? Nah it definitely looks like a remake. Unless they somehow kept the code of the game and just changed the textures and characters models, but nah this definitely looks a full remake. Probably will add a lot of content too.

looked like a HD Wii game. But then again we will know better when they release screenshots of it

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
That was an okay Direct. Jedi Outcast II was the biggest surprise to me, and definately my favorite reveal of new games. I also liked the parts about Luigis Mansion 3 and Pokémon Sword & Shield. Happy to see tyranitar and Leafeon being in the games. Not interested in either Animal Crossing or Xenoblade, so the last 10 minutes were not very interesting to me. I would rate it 7/10. In my opinion, they should have ended with a high profile game for 2020.

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I thought the animal crossing segment showed off a good amount of new stuff! Really happy with this direct, can't wait to play through TMS again (and actually finish it this time)

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got Animal Crossing, so I'm happy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There are games that it would certainly be nice to see get announced, but those should get their chance to breath, or are E3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.