• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
According to me, here is the 2020 line-up in no particular order :

- Tokyo Mirage Session #FE encore
- Animal Crossing
- Bayonetta 3
- Xenoblade Chronicles HD
- Paper Mario
- Pikmin 3
- WarioWare
- Zelda BotW2 (might slip into Q1 2021)
- Super Mario Odyssey 2
- new IP
- 2D Metroid
- Kirby
- Zelda port

+ published titles like Bravely Default 3...
Individually, each one makes sense for next year. Everything seems to fall in place for each one.

But all together, that would be a fucking insane lineup. Like, Nintendo's best ever for a year on a single system. Almost double their normal first party lineup. So that alone makes me not want to get my hopes up.

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
they need the next MK to be on switch 2. switch doesn't need a new MK when 8D is still charting in top 5 in almost all regions.
I think it probably will be cross gen, and I think Nintendo will adopt the phone upgrade model with future switches. Forwards and backwards compatibility, and eventually dropping support for older models years into the lifecycle of the new one.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
how can anyone be disappointed by this? i swear some of yall just straight up don't like video games

edyuwouwwaa-q-kr7jo1.jpeg

I sometimes think the expectations towards these Directs are a bit misaligned with what their actual purpose is. While it's true that Nintendo has used them for big announcements, it's not always going to happen. Someone brought this up earlier but they still have several big first-party releases coming up to Q1 2020: Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Animal Crossing and most likely whatever mystery game #4 is. Additionally they're also publishing Dragon Quest XI and Daemon X Machina in the west, are remastering/remaking TMS, Xenoblade and Famicom Detective Club and have announced Breath of the Wild 2, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 and a new Detective Pikachu game at various points of development... like, that's 13 games. Thirteen. Not everyone is gonna like all of these but there's only so many things they can focus on at any point. And that's fine. There will be more opportunities for games to show up in the future.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Individually, each one makes sense for next year. Everything seems to fall in place for each one.

But all together, that would be a fucking insane lineup. Like, Nintendo's best ever for a year on a single system. Almost double their normal first party lineup. So that alone makes me not want to get my hopes up.
2019 is pretty much equivalent :

- NSMBU DX
- Tetris 99
- Yoshi
- BoxBoy
- Super Mario Maker 2
- DQB2
- MUA 3
- Fire Emblem 3 houses
- Astral Chain
- small kirby game
- DxM
- Links Awakening
- DQXI S
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- Pokémon
- new IP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it probably will be cross gen, and I think Nintendo will adopt the phone upgrade model with future switches. Forwards and backwards compatibility, and eventually dropping support for older models years into the lifecycle of the new one.
i was thinking the same thing when switch launched, that they'll adopt a strategy like apple does with their iphones and ipads. but now i think switch 2 will be a clear next gen system, with switch being cut off from switch 2 titles. of course switch 2 will most likely have full BC, making the transition to next gen smoother.

I sometimes think the expectations towards these Directs are a bit misaligned with what their actual purpose is. While it's true that Nintendo has used them for big announcements, it's not always going to happen. Someone brought this up earlier but they still have several big first-party releases coming up to Q1 2020: Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Animal Crossing and most likely whatever mystery game #4 is. Additionally they're also publishing Dragon Quest XI and Daemon X Machina in the west, are remastering/remaking TMS, Xenoblade and Famicom Detective Club and have announced Breath of the Wild 2, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 and a new Detective Pikachu game at various points of development... like, that's 13 games. Thirteen. Not everyone is gonna like all of these but there's only so many things they can focus on at any point. And that's fine. There will be more opportunities for games to show up in the future.
fully agreed.
i forgot about famicom detective club, that's likely a 2020 title for the west too.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
According to me, here is the 2020 line-up in no particular order :

- Tokyo Mirage Session #FE encore
- Animal Crossing
- Bayonetta 3
- Xenoblade Chronicles HD
- Paper Mario
- Pikmin 3
- WarioWare
- Zelda BotW2 (might slip into Q1 2021)
- Super Mario Odyssey 2
- new IP
- 2D Metroid
- Kirby
- Zelda port

+ published titles like Bravely Default 3...
I don't think they will release again both Zelda and Mario 3D in the same year. They did in 2017 to have a really strong line-up after few months from launch, but at this point I think it is better for them to release these games in different years. Even without BotW2, anyway, this 2020 line-up would be really strong. Then we should also consider if GameFreak will have the remakes of Diamond and Pearl ready for Winter 2020 - even though I think they will hve an year gap in 2020 for once.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Pikmin 4 is basically out of the cards for 2020. Looking like a 2021 game and same thing with Monolith's new IP. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is 2020. Idk when that game is coming. Early 2020 or second half 2020?

Would Monolith announce a new game after Xenoblade Chronicles DE releases? That's my guess so we probably won't get any new announcements from them until September 2020 Direct or even early 2021.

We don't know if XC Definitive is made by Monolith, personally I really doubt that. I feel like it's done by someone else (Grezzo perhaps?) and there's a high chance we could see Monolith's rumored new medieval IP next year. But I don't expect it to be gigantic game like the Xeno series were. More traditional probably.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they will release again both Zelda and Mario 3D in the same year. They did in 2017 to have a really strong line-up after few months from launch, but at this point I think it is better for them to release these games in different years. Even without BotW2, anyway, this 2020 line-up would be really strong. Then we should also consider if GameFreak will have the remakes of Diamond and Pearl ready for Winter 2020 - even though I think they will hve an year gap in 2020 for once.
i agree, i can't see sequels to odyssey and botw releasing ing the same year. i think botw 2, animal crossing and a potential pokemon remake are going to be the big games of next year, with many medium and small games filling the gaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.