• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How much did you enjoy the Direct?

• It was perfect.

Votes: 19 1.0%
  • I loved it.

Votes: 245 12.9%
  • It was okay.

Votes: 522 27.5%
  • So-so

Votes: 308 16.2%
  • It was bad.

Votes: 452 23.8%
  • It was terrible.

Votes: 208 10.9%
  • It was absolutely horrible.

Votes: 147 7.7%

• Total voters

Hikariixx

One Winged Slayer
Nov 19, 2020
Chance they shadow drop Skyward Sword in 90 minutes?
Being-Optimistic.gif
I don't think they'll shadow drop it but I expect it to release in the next few months.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Actually anyone feeling the hype, go read that reddit list.

At this point it's just healthy to go in with expectations low.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
I'll say this one more time, in the vain hope that someone is paying attention: The leaker *explicitly* states this is a partial list.

Jul 22, 2020
That leaked list
cant be all of it unless they spend 20 mins on SS HD and play an entire 18 holes of Mario Golf
Mod edit-spoiler

Nov 21, 2017
I don't even recognize half of those titles from the Reddit 'leak'

...and the ones I do recognize, meh.

Maybe this is good. I probably needed to lower my expectations

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Within the framework of it being the first direct in a year plus, that leak list is preeeeeeeeeeeety average. Let's hope there's more.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If that post is true and it is the majority of the direct, I'm sure that about 90%+ of people are gonna be very disappointed

I don't think there's ever been a direct where there hasn't been a constant stream of people telling us how disappointed they are for the entire stream duration and a long time afterwards.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Just spoilers on the level of reaction
Surely if it's 50 minutes there is more than what is detailed in that post lol. If not... ruh roh.

That leaked list cant be all of it

That could easily be 50 minutes depending on how you you stretch out time, but...

I'll say this one more time, in the vain hope that someone is paying attention: The leaker *explicitly* states this is a partial list.

Yeah, he's saying it's a partial list anyway.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
People are forgetting the most important part of most Nintendo Directs: the horrible disappointment afterwards and feeling dumb for being so hyped about it in the first place.

I'm here for the full experience baybeeeee

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
At this point I'd recommend anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled just step away from the internet for the next hour

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
I don't think there's ever been a direct where there hasn't been a constant stream of people telling us how disappointed they are for the entire stream duration and a long time afterwards.

I've been keeping an eye on hype levels and they seem extremely high, especially in this forum. I've seen compiled list of 'bottom of the barrel' expectations and this list is pretty much that or maybe even a bit worse. Match that with the first main line direct in 1+ years and the length of 50 minutes and you got yourself even more disappointment. Let's hope theres more

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck I freed myself 1 hour early, welp guess I'll boot up XIV for a dungeon...

Also, leaks? Disappointing leaks? Dang people lower your expectations in the first place.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
If that post is true and it is the majority of the direct, I'm sure that about 90%+ of people are gonna be very disappointed
I doubt that the things in that post constitute more than like, 20 minutes. And that's being generous. A lot of them seem like stuff you rush through in the highlights section, with maybe one or two warranting a longer focus

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Assuming its the "news headline" style, I just cant see it

I have no idea what that means. There's enough games in that list that if you spend a few minutes on each you could easily get 50 minutes if you wanted. But as stated, the guy is saying it's a partial list anyway, so it's not a big concern, though I imagine it's going to take up a lot more time than people are going to be happy about either way.