• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess its decided, I might as well just stop playing video games now because I dislike everything about Animal Crossing.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-23237-1425323012-8.gif

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing is Nintendo's best game series so I'm pretty excited about this Direct's potential

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unless the hurricane makes it to Redmond, Washington, I don't see the direct getting delayed again.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
Lol...AC gonna move some units

3DS sales

New Super Mario Bros 2 - 12.70m
Super Mario 3D Land - 12.12m
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 11.78

I guess >15m is the barrier for "megaton".

Is there an award for worst take? Animal crossing is freaking huge.

whatyearisit.jpg

Animal Crossing is huge.

Do you live under a rock? Animal Crossing is easily a megaton.

I'm well aware that it sells really well. But is it a megaton announcement? I thought it was pretty much expected to come along sometime soon. Megaton seller /= megaton announcement.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing is such a big deal because its one of the few bigger franchises Nintendo has left that we've yet to see in proper HD(I'm not counting Amiibo Festival). The closest we've come is the track in MK8.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be kind of sad if the Switch version of Animal Crossing is what City Folk was to Wild World. I don't want an up-res'd New Leaf, I want something new and different, a new gimmick/take, you know?

Not to say I wouldn't buy it and play it, but it probably wouldn't hold my attention for as long as something new.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here is hoping everything is nice and smooth all over the world this week, even tho there is a big hurricane approaching USA.

Damn what is wrong with the world, so many disasters.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Unless the hurricane makes it to Redmond, Washington, I don't see the direct getting delayed again.
Even if it makes it that far, they won't delay it. The online is launching next week. They need to let people know about it, and a press release that has less eyes on it than a direct isn't going to cut it.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The most interesting thing about AC Switch for me would be how many developers it will actually share with Splatoon 2.

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
Animal Crossing is such a big deal because its one of the few bigger franchises Nintendo has left that we've yet to see in proper HD(I'm not counting Amiibo Festival). The closest we've come is the track in MK8.
I actually like the look of that Animal Crossing Plaza thingy on WiiU a little bit more?
I adore the soft shadows there.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing Switch should have regular events where they add new clothes and items to the game to give away.

I'll be kind of sad if the Switch version of Animal Crossing is what City Folk was to Wild World. I don't want an up-res'd New Leaf, I want something new and different, a new gimmick/take, you know?

Not to say I wouldn't buy it and play it, but it probably wouldn't hold my attention for as long as something new.
I would expect something new.