• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morisaki

Oct 29, 2017
That was a good direct. Except for the RE5/6 bit. I think they should have used it for a studio more worthy than Capcom.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
We still have over 9 months until Animal Crossing and man, that really hurts. I'm glad it looks good, albeit lacking of info still.

Outside of that, it was pretty good but nothing great. Links Awakening looks great although (selfishly, I replayed the original like a month before the announcement) a bit too true to the original. I'm not convinced mix-matching existing dungeon rooms is going to be all that interesting, but would like to be surprised.

I'm surprised Luigi's Mansion 3 got as much positive reaction as I saw reading through here. It looked a lot more like Dark Moon than I would have hoped.

Could be forgetting things but other things that excited or at least interested me. Witcher 3 on the Switch is the kind of port I love seeing. DQ still has me interested to a degree. I'm very confused by the Netflix strategy game, but I'll always keep an eye out on how a turn based game ends up. Glad the mana games are finally making it to the west, weird it took so long. Astral Chain still looks intriguing? I really need to see it in treehouse I think. Cadence of Hyrule looks fantastic still. I'm happy for Banjo fans that he's making it over to Smash even though it doesn't do much for me.

As for the Zelda sequel, the trailer/tease looked incredible, but I've gone through enough to not feel great about any "in development" but no date announcements. While it was fun to watch... I also logically knew they were obviously working on a new 3D Zelda, so it's a bit of much ado about nothing for me.

Seriously though, Animal Crossing is still over 9 months away and nothing else really blew me away so it's at best a 6 out of 10 direct for me.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
People getting excited over a fighting game character reveal is kind of weird to me, but I'm probably not the target audience.

(I've never liked Smash though I understand the appeal...just too button mashy and floaty for me)

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I liked what we saw from 3rd party announcements/reveals, like NMH3. I think they carried the Direct until the last reveal -- meaning BotW2. Nintendo, minus BotW2, felt underwhelming. Updates on known things, which is fine, but it felt like too much repeat on stuff we have seen or know. No release date for LM3 was an odd decision and delaying Animal Crossing, though suspected, was disappointing but not terribly damaging to their E3 show or even 2019 lineup. I still feel that 3rd parties are the stars of the Nintendo Direct and Nintendo E3 overall.
I'd tend to agree, the first party lineup is a bit underwhelming at the moment. 2019 in general has been rather poor. Hopefully 2020 brings the goods. I suppose it's possible that they have something else for 2019 to announce in conjunction with the Switch revision(s).

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair the Direct did nothing for me until we hit Animal Crossing (we told ya it was gonna get delayed, no need to get rude :P). Not a particular fan, but chuckled at how spot on GameXplain's Andree prediction went (Island themed). As cool as the announcement of the next Zelda was, I was just too damn hyped and made a sobbing mess crying at the Banjo in Smash announcement. It was perfect.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
So what happened to that Metroid game? Even Sabi had confirmed it via tweet after the listing came up.
It wouldn't be the first time Nintendo announced something during E3 week, but not at their show/direct. It's also highly likely that there is a hardware related direct coming in the near future, so it could be announced there.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Please don't be mad with me., but I have to ask.

What did Animal Crossing fans think of New Horizons? Did it look good and did it meet your expectations? Don't hit me, but I got a feeling that the scope was... limited. Please tell me I'm wrong, though: I've never played it, so maybe I just don't understand the first thing about it!

Hope you're not angry with me :s

It feels very iterative and safe. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, mind you.
It also felt a little rough. They were forced to show it as they annouced it last year, but the extra development time is definitely needed.
They're probably hiding some features/locations for later too. I will wait to see more in September/January to decide whether to jump back in or not lol.

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if Animal Crossing was still slated for this year this would be the best 6 month window for Nintendo owners since 2013, but AC is their biggest card and it's a whole pregnancy away now. I'm probably only one completely underwhelmed with Pokémon so a Zelda remake and Luigi's Mansion is all I've got going on til March. Bummer. :(

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
2 new Nintendo games, but E3 is basically the June direct at this point. What really mattered was that this was the direct that finally said, look 3rd Parties are here, and they are here to stay. 9/10 direct, and this basically solidified that the September Direct is gonna be a huge Animal Crossing and 2020 feast. BotW 2 was also hype as fuck, actual game footage for an early Zelda reveal is making this an actual 2020 holiday game, book it.

alejo0121

Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting for the reversed BotW2 reveal trailer video so I can listen to the song that was playing backwards

Edit: Here it is

Last edited:

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo and Square Enix were killing it for me personally. Both showed stuff I like and want. I'm happy with those two presentations. Sure, Nintendo showed a lot of 3rd party stuff, but that's totally okay.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I don't give a fuck about Smash, but I always love watching the character reveal trailers. They're goofy and funny, and just great entertainment all round!
2 new Nintendo games, but E3 is basically the June direct at this point. What really mattered was that this was the direct that finally said, look 3rd Parties are here, and they are here to stay. 9/10 direct, and this basically solidified that the September Direct is gonna be a huge Animal Crossing and 2020 feast. BotW 2 was also hype as fuck, actual game footage for an early Zelda reveal is making this an actual 2020 holiday game, book it.
Yeah, I'm hopeful too that we will get to play it late next year. That would make Switch the GOAT system: two huge Zelda games this quickly would be so awesome! And I LOVE that they called it a BOTW sequel, and that they are using the BOTW artstyle, since it gives me hope that they will again make something on the level of BOTW.

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
i loved this direct and am really excited about animal crossing and the witcher 3 and botw2...but does anyone know what happened to persona 5 on switch? if there's one game i want it's that and i assumed it was coming soon because of the smash dlc.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Exclusive Switch games we have for after 2019 so far (most likely) are:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Bayonetta 3, Town, Metroid Prime 4, Shin Megami Tensei 5, No More Heroes 3, and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2.

I think Nintendo will also publish Yokai Watch 4 at some point in 2020. The rest would be unannounced speculation.
Detective Pikachu 2 as well

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Outside of a short lull in the middle, this Direct was straight fire. I wanted pretty much all of it.

Luigi's Mansion YES
A new Mana game YEES
Fire Emblem YEES
Link's Awakening YEEES
Animal Crossing Okay I already said 2020 back in January because it's a game that only really makes sense to start in springtime, but it's still slightly disappointing.
Astral Chain YEEEEEEEES
Zelda BOTW Sequel YAAAAAASSSS QUEEN ZELDA WITH A BOB CUT

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Retro's game being MIA kind of worries me a bit about Prime 4. Games get canned all the time without us hearing but they've had no non-port output in years and are now taking up dev of a game that already got canned once. Not actually filling me with confidence.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i loved this direct and am really excited about animal crossing and the witcher 3 and botw2...but does anyone know what happened to persona 5 on switch? if there's one game i want it's that and i assumed it was coming soon because of the smash dlc.

Nothing happened because it was never coming. We get the stupid musou spin off instead though. Because the switch isn't swimming in those already. :(.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got home and saw it, still trying to process it all but HOLY SHIT BOTW2, BANJO IN SMASH, ELSA BLOODSTONE IN MUA3, WITCHER 3, TRIALS OF MANA, NO MORE HEROES 3 ALL IN ON DIRECT

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
I'm still recovering from this, Nintendo really blew me away. God DQXI, TW3, Builders 2, and what about September? There's DQ, Link's Awakening, Daemon X Machina, and Astral Chain just before that. God my wallet's gonna cry so much.
Did I mention TW3? Here's to all the ones who were saying it was impossible or it could only come via streaming. I'm SO hyped :D

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Nintendo won this E3 for me. Best Direct for me, ever.

Panzer Dragoon Remake? My god. It looked so fucking good. I almost cried.
Fire Emblem looks great. Link's Awakening looks so good. Breath of Wild 2 looks amazing, so dark. Astral Chain looks amazing. No More Heroes 3 looks amazing. Mana Collection? Trials of Mana? Wow!

So hyped for all those games now.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Wow, that was one hell of a Direct for me. Only bummer was AC delay but the game looks so good...I prefer if they don't rush it.

Status
Not open for further replies.