• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Daemon X Machina looks so fucking good and I can't wait. Please let it be popular so mech action games make a comeback.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Man, if you asked me before the direct if there was anything that would deflate all hype I had for a BotW sequel, it would be returning to Hyrule.

That one shot has me really uneasy.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Did we get any new announcements during the Treehouse Live sessions last year?

Not that we don't have enough greatness as it is, just curious if we might get something else before E3 is up.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Please don't be mad with me., but I have to ask.

What did Animal Crossing fans think of New Horizons? Did it look good and did it meet your expectations? Don't hit me, but I got a feeling that the scope was... limited. Please tell me I'm wrong, though: I've never played it, so maybe I just don't understand the first thing about it!

Hope you're not angry with me :s
I've played every single one and I love the scope of it. The crafting mechanics fit well. They seem to be going all out on you customizing your village to your liking, and I love that (it was always a limited aspect in other games).

The thing about Animal Crossing is that it's a game where you set your own goals, and it seems we suddenly have waaay more things to look for.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excited for No More Heroes 3 and that's about it tbh.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
If you take out those 6 minutes, the direct doesn't get replaced with six other minutes, it just becomes six minutes shorter. It's a live stream, it's not like they're under a time limit lol

Personally it's a waste of time. It also shows that their focus is way too much on this game, and I feel it's at a detriment to other development. It's beating a (live) horse.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Great direct! There were some boring parts, but lots of stuff they showed was really cool as well! Fire Emblem especially caught my attention in a way it hasn't before. And Astral Chain somehow looked even more cool than its initial reveal. And the next Zelda game looks everything. Ahhh everything is so cool!

mmmmmm6

Jun 10, 2019
Outside of a short lull in the middle, this Direct was straight fire. I wanted pretty much all of it.

Luigi's Mansion YES
A new Mana game YEES
Fire Emblem YEES
Link's Awakening YEEES
Animal Crossing Okay I already said 2020 back in January because it's a game that only really makes sense to start in springtime, but it's still slightly disappointing.
Astral Chain YEEEEEEEES
Zelda BOTW Sequel YAAAAAASSSS QUEEN ZELDA WITH A BOB CUT
I understand why you feel a little disappointed. I was at first, but I watched the treehouse gameplay and changed my mind. It looks so fun.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
Retro's game being MIA kind of worries me a bit about Prime 4. Games get canned all the time without us hearing but they've had no non-port output in years and are now taking up dev of a game that already got canned once. Not actually filling me with confidence.

Metroid prime trilogy will be released before prime 4 hits. The game is done and just sat for the right time to be released. At the moment we ae saturated in Nintendo first party releases. Now isn't the time sadly.

mmmmmm6

Jun 10, 2019
Please don't be mad with me., but I have to ask.

What did Animal Crossing fans think of New Horizons? Did it look good and did it meet your expectations? Don't hit me, but I got a feeling that the scope was... limited. Please tell me I'm wrong, though: I've never played it, so maybe I just don't understand the first thing about it!

Hope you're not angry with me :s
I'll be honest. I was kind of disappointed when I saw the crafting feature and that it was on a deserted island. I wanted to build my town from nothing but wanted it more inline to new leaf's. However, I LOVE the visuals. It looks like the most beautiful game ever on the switch. I love how the towns are tiered. I watched the treehouse, and it changed my mind. The crafting will take a little time to get use to, but I'm fine with it. I'm not really sad about the delay as I thought I would be, but I was in the camp of no delay. I love how there are seasons. The only thing I'm worried about now is the NPCs. I hope all of the holidays and NPCs come back like Isabelle, Jack, Jingle during Toy Day, etc... I feel like they will. But, so far, I'm excited for it. I need more info though. I also hope that you can build buildings like the museum and able sisters. I feel like all of the previous iteration stores need to make a return in some form.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Nintendo isn't scared to SHOW Kamala Khan lol
She looks great

hero_ms-marvel.png

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Cool. Grant Kirkhope himself got to do a new take on his old song for Banjo and Kazooie in Smash.

Seeing him so happy makes me a bit emotional.

MocroMo

Jun 4, 2019
No switch news? ☹ I was hoping for a revised version of the switch. I am really on the fence of buying a switch because I'm scared they will release a new version.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No switch news? ☹ I was hoping for a revised version of the switch. I am really on the fence of buying a switch because I'm scared they will release a new version.

Probably announced in a future direct. They already said no new hardware at E3.

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
I was happy with that direct, such a great format. I can't wait for Link's Awakening or Luigi's Mansion. And a BOTW sequel confirmed. Add to that The Witcher 3, Spyro and a couple of other interesting ones like Empire of Sin.

Was hoping to see Retro turn up and Ori, but I can let that go for everything we got.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Really stoked we're getting The Sinking City! And Alien Isolation is a great addition to my portable horror collection as well. It's a great time to have a Switch.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
I was so excited by some of the announcements that I forgot that I'm still desperate to learn what's going on with Shin Megami Tensei V.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Definitely the best Direct we've had for a long, long time. They didn't even have to try for this E3 (given the competition), but they went all out.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Not the best Direct really. Missed any real big hitters. But the Link remake and Luigi look nice.

That Contra game looks fucking awful though and they really shouldn't have included that in the Direct. It looks like a Z-tier indie game.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Not the best Direct really. Missed any real big hitters. But the Link remake and Luigi look nice.

That Contra game looks fucking awful though and they really shouldn't have included that in the Direct. It looks like a Z-tier indie game.
Contra and Commander Keen tied for worst revivals this E3. Talk about yikes.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Any hype for Spyro? They hid it in the sizzle reel, but it's actually a pretty major announcement lol. I'm really hyped for it, though September is so ridiculous that I'm not sure I can get it at launch.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any hype for Spyro? They hid it in the sizzle reel, but it's actually a pretty major announcement lol. I'm really hyped for it, though September is so ridiculous that I'm not sure I can get it at launch.
i'm super hyped for it, bad timing but i don't care i want it day 1. there's a thread for the port if you want to post in.

Status
Not open for further replies.