• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
BotW 2 I'm so happy, and it looks AMAZING

Makes a grown man cry

giphy.gif

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
As someone who owns Link's Awakening but who has never beaten it, I'm looking forward to the remake because it's super pretty.

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
For zelda: lINKS aWAKENING....

Launching alongside the game will be a new Link amiibo figure that lets players put this adorable new art style in the palm of their hands. A special Dreamer Edition will come with the game and the Dreamer Art Book, which features concept art from the Nintendo Switch version of the game. The game and amiibo are each scheduled to launch Sept. 20.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That BOTW 2 teaser has me SHAKING

Witcher 3 being confirmed is GOAT, and other games looked very good as well: Astral Chain looks really good once again and that story plot twist for Fire Emblem has me incredibly hyped! Oh, and Spyro casually thrown into the sizzle reel, of course! AC delay is a big shame for the fans, but this direct had a lot of content and a lot of variety, most of which was high quality. September is just ridiculous: I'm eyeing like 4 huge games for that month.

I'd rate it an 8/10

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So um... as someone who has never once been remotely interested in Animal Crossing...

That was an awesome Direct for me.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Can we all just hold up for a minute and appreciate the fact that DK, Diddy and K.Rool are all just lazily hanging out together at DK's place?

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017
That was good, I enjoyed it. Snappy, not too many talking heads speaking platitudes, and alot of good stuff.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
+
Mana Collection
Trials of Mana
Astral Chain
BOTW2 confirmed
AC looks neat & relaxing (I've never played an AC)

-
A bunch of time wasted on more silly, dumb Smash Character reveals

No Metroid

Everything else. While I love the idea of new Panzer Dragoon and Contra, what they showed looked like 3rd rate indie versions of those series.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I already feel bad for the next big main Direct ... because that will never come any close to this one.

What a SHOW! My god.

I get sequels/remakes for some of my fav games in one batch! Mana! No More Heroes! BotW2!

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
To be honest I didn't expected anything from them, especially since Retro is probably not even in alpha stage.

and I was pretty sure their previous "game" was canned.
Yeah but they already broke the record on radio silence. The fact they've worked for many years on something that got canned means the game was simply not shaping out good. That is not a motivating way to begin working on a brand new (and huge/ambitious) project in this case MP4. I'm worried for MP4 now...

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Had a mix of emotions with the Zelda reveal.

I would have been disappointed if it was DLC, but that also would have meant it was out sooner.

But being a sequel is so much more excited and made me give a triumphant laugh...and then realIe it's going to be forever before it's out.

I've gone peak ERA.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Whether you liked the content or not, the pacing was great and they showed a lot of gameplay.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
This was a really solid direct, lots of exciting stuff packed into that 40ish minutes. About the only thing I wished we'd have seen is a Metroid Prime Trilogy port or something. I'd like to go back to those again.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Zelda sequel, omgggggggggg. Pushed this direct into being great for me. Shame about the animal crossing delay.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
NMH3 announcement was nice, and even if most of the games I don't really care about, the presentation was snappy and I didn't get bored watching it. So, well done Nintendo!

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Definitely a lot of nice things in this direct but:
- Retro absent
- Metroid/Pikmin absent for both ports or new games
- Still no SNES for NSO
- Animal Crossing delayed to 2020
That all has me a bit down. Definitely a lot to chew on for the rest of this year still though and at least 2020 has one early game that will be great. Hopefully BotW2 makes it for 2020 also.

I think so. Otherwise why showing it already.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how many people don't know that the Panzer Dragon remakes were already announced a long time ago, lol.

Also, Bayonetta 3 looks to be in vaporware status right now.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Luigi's Mansion looks great
Zelda: Link's Awakening will be fun
Animal Crossing looked ok but doesn't seem to move the series forward, also delay
New Zelda sequel has an awesome weird vibe, expect it in 2021.

The Direct was ok, but I wanted more for an e3 Direct.
Pretty much where I'm at. No word on Bayonetta 3, nothing about what Retro has been developing for years before they took over Metroid, Pikmin still missing in action, too much anime cutscenes instead of actually showing some more gameplay for FE & Astral Chains.

Status
Not open for further replies.