• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
You guys who were disappointed because they didn't show SMTV, Bayo 3, Retro's imaginary title, and Prime 4 (rofl), have nobody to blame but yourselves. Actually delusional

Oct 25, 2017
Whether you liked the content or not, the pacing was great and they showed a lot of gameplay.

Absolutely. These long stage shows are tiresome. Forty minutes is about perfect for this type of thing.

And the next one will have more games that I care about personally, I'm sure, so it's all good. It was nice to see actual gameplay in these things!

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hated Smash. It's just being sold to the highest bidder now, makes sense that Sakurai even said he wasn't picking anymore. It's not for me anymore.

LOVED everything else. Fantastic Direct with lots of surprises and good games, also a great pacing. SHame AC was delayed, but I had no money for it anyway. lol Can't wait for Astral Chain.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Never thought i would say this, est show this whole E3. Nintendo blew it out of the water! More excited about Nintendo games than MS or Sony's output.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
As someone who has never actually played a Dragon Quest game, also psyched to play DQXI.

Trials of Mana looks...fine as well.

Does the Mana Collection include Seiken Densetsu 3?

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
What was the name of that underwater game shown in the highlight reel? Looked like a mystery game or something.

Faxeo

Apr 21, 2019
in the end animal crossing has been postponed but I don't care. The game is beautiful, wonderful and we have a precise date. I'm very happy

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's dead Jim

maxresdefault.jpg

Kaveri

Oct 28, 2017
Strong showing by Nintendo overall.

The lack of Retro and anything Metroid hurt. As did the AC delay. But they kept showing interesting games. It was a solid 7/10 until Zelda showed up which bumps the score up through sheer hype.

8/10

mmmmmm6

Jun 10, 2019
On the positive, animal crossing looks beautiful. However, I am a little scared of how this game is going to turn out. I know I should be grateful, but I feel like the series took a turn towards what I fear out of animal crossing. I mean I love that you can place furniture outside and how the town looks bigger. But, the crafting idea scares me. I don't know. I was hoping for more of New Leaf. I will definitely buy it and wait until more is revealed before giving my final judgement about it. The crafting scares me since I feel like none of the other NPC's will be around. I also was wrong about it being delayed. I will acknowledge that. Tell me what y'all think.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
This Pokemon gameplay is still so slow. The fact we have to get told "It's raining!" in a textbox when we can see in 3D that there's a thunderstorm is baffling.

Seriously, it's so bad.

Reading slow-ass "takes hail dmg" text and the HP dropping a bit after that (not while the text gets written already) has me rolling my eyes. This shit is SO dated.

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I think Nintendo "won" E3, but just because all the other presentations were really really poor.
The pacing was excellent, but Animal Crossing delayed, nothing from Retro, and for me subjectively no Ace Attorney.
My first ever dvd was the Dark Crystal, so that was nice to see. :)
It's also nice to see some footage from the new Zelda, but it's not even close to release.

Not impressed with this E3 at all, but Nintend did okay. :)

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You guys who were disappointed because they didn't show SMTV, Bayo 3, Retro's imaginary title, and Prime 4 (rofl), have nobody to blame but yourselves. Actually delusional
But they didn't show Monolithsoft's new game either!
Or Pikmin
Or Metroid Prime Trilogy

Although I can't complain. The Direct was packed with great stuff. They can say one of these big reveals (not Prime 4 lol) for the Game Awards

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That was actually a very good selection / showcase of games, for the most part, I think each game-centric showcase didn't exceed more than two minutes. Shame not much of them were of my tastes though. That's okay.

So I guess Retro really were working on their BBQ their whole time. That's nice, but man, I was really hoping for them to have a 3D Donkey Kong anything in the oven prior to them picking up the pieces of Metroid Prime 4's production. Guess we won't be hearing of them until the mid-2020s then. Hate to admit it, but I'm honestly disappointed with that.

There are some positive notes though, IMO.

- Bowser / Doug Bowser mixup joke was cute.

- Wasn't expecting NMH3 to be confirmed in development. Same with the BotW sequel.

- Not into the series, but I imagine Dragon Quest finally getting into Smash must had been really exciting. So I'm kinda happy for those fans.

And speaking of Smash...

- I'll admit it right now: even with all of the teases and the rumors, I did not believe Banjo-Kazooie would actually make it to Smash. So seeing that finally delivered was very satisfying.
That trailer with them with the DKC characters (and the Duck Hunt fakeout, much like the K. Rool reveal) was also fantastic. (Same with K. Rool falling into the ground with an impact hole and then getting covered by a rock, Gruntilda style.)

Last edited:

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
Great direct, best in a long while. I was actually interested in nearly every game shown for once. Trailer after trailer with no downtime.

LOL at the usual people "Nintendo didn't announce that one thing I want that I was sure they were making but maybe even aren't so i hate everything"

I'm definitely a bit bummed about AC missing 2019, but there are like 10 games crammed into September that will keep me busy. Highlights for me were LM3, NMH3(YESSS!), Panzer Dragoon, Switcher3, and Astrael Chains (which looks 100x better and more insane than the first reveal). Pretty happy with getting ports of Alien Isolation, Sinking City. Dark vibes on the BOTW sequel are fantastic, I bet its sooner than people expect (late 2020).

Only game I was surprised we didn't see was Bayo3. Were they still claiming that's a 2019 title? Pokemon standing alone for the holiday lineup does seem a little suspect, maybe we'll get another surprise announcement at some point.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda been a bum E3 for everyone. For Xbox/Sony/Ubisoft/Bethesda it seems more of an expected skip year. For Nintendo it still has the heavy hitter in Pokemon but as great as the new stuff for Animal Crossing (Which looks incredible) a little sad its now 2020, but I will get over that. Then the rest looks good but not great.

Obviously excited for the Zelda though, the little clip was cool but the music was phenomenal .

I would put E3 as Xbox winning in my book followed by Nintendo. Nintendo showed more cool stuff over Xbox but I was really happy with all the Gamepass announcement titles. Stoked CrossCode will be on there Day 1

My Switch is sitting well behind other consoles in 5th for play time this year and this direct didnt help! I have played the Wii more than the Switch this year

So far..
PS4 - 250 (A lot of Red Dead/EDF 5 brought that up though)
3DS XL - 110ish
Xbox One -72
Wii (36 hours)
Vita - 33
Switch - 10 hours total :(

That being said, this has to be one of the best periods of times for video games as there is so many quality games on all consoles .

Edit Year 1 Switch (Which wasn't even a full year) was almost 600 hours for comparison.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand, Nintendo isn't even a fighting company, why are they schooling everyone else with new fighter reveals?!??

DQ heroes AND Banjo? FUCKING HYPE

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
This was a pretty good direct! Being that I'm never satisfied, I have to wonder about Bayo 3, MarioKart 9, F-Zero, and Metroid. Disappointing there was nothing regarding these. I knew Animal Crossing was going to be delayed, cause why not?

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Treehouse has been know to drop surprise announcements, right? If there's any hope for those wanting Mother 3, it's there.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
But they didn't show Monolithsoft's new game either!
Or Pikmin
Or Metroid Prime Trilogy

Although I can't complain. The Direct was packed with great stuff. They can say one of these big reveals (not Prime 4 lol) for the Game Awards
Monolith, Trilogy, Pikmin are pretty fair game, which is why I didn't include those. I'm just talking about games that are either a waaaays off development or non existent. People should have never set themselves up for disappointment like that

Status
Not open for further replies.