• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I don't even know where to begin, that Direct was incredible.

Even through the awful buffering I was blown away by like every game. I wanna buy like 99% of the games shown today.

Luigi's Mansion looks like an absolute 10/10 game.

Dark Crystal looks so cool. Great visuals.

Astral Chain looks hawt.

The Smash characters are perfect.

BOTW sequel...I mean, I don't even need to say more than that. That trailer was right up my alley as a lover of Dark Zelda. Dungeons, caves, surreality. I really hope this game is an underworld version of BOTW.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Where were the Snes Games for Nintendo Online
What about Metroid Prime Trilogy guess we really have to wait until the fourth one comes out? 😔
Where is Microsoft's Gamepass for the Switch? Obviously a fake rumour.
Pikimin 4?
Why didn't they mention Nintendo Online whatsoever?
Where was that $189 thing that was on the GameStop Listing?
Where were the rest of the games from that list to be honest, we know Resi Evil games will be digital only.
No watchdogs for Switch, with watchdogs one on the WiiU would've thought it would work.
Nothing new for Splatoon?

What a bummer

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Best E3 Direct in ages, possibly ever, and no contest the best showcase of this E3.

Switch and X1 Game Pass will give me enough to play until the start of the next gen and beyond.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
Some really great games to look forward to playing on Switch. Really happy with this Direct. Link's Awakening comes out on my birthday!

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing Direct. Mana, Panzer Dragoon looking fantastic, Astral Chain off the charts, Three Houses great, AND BOTW2.

AMAZING

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing Direct for me. With the AC delay (looked good though) and not much new in games I'm interested in. Between now and AC March 2020, for me there's really just Mario Maker and maybe Astral Chain? Well, those and a bunch of indies:)

That said, the BOTW2 reveal was great and unexpected.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping for MPT or at least a Switch port of Samus Returns, which Nintendo seems to have forgotten already.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This E3 Direct was pretty decent all round. I enjoyed it.

I'm interested in the Zelda Sequel and want to know more on the Fire Emblem Three Houses game. Like I'd it going to get a Season/Expansion pass? That kind of thing. Astral Chain pealed my interest but I need to know more. How deep is the Mechanics of the game and how similar is it to a RPG? That kind of thing.

I need to watch the Direct again. I'm mixed on Marvel Ultimate Alliance. That will be a game I'll wait on for impressions for before deciding on it and it's season pass.

Witcher 3... I'm on board but I want to see more of it for. If it's uncut and unedited from its release on other consoles and run good I'm there day one. I want to buy this game on the Switch but like I already said, show me more footage on it.

Pokémon day one on both copies!

WHERE IS SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI V DAMNIT!!!!!??????

The only series I enjoy more then the Pokémon games is the Shin Megami Tensei Series and sub series. I want to know what's up with this title. Come on Nintendo and Atlus!!!!!

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
She's dead Jim

maxresdefault.jpg

No, They had to restart development. What does showing Metroid today do to help them? we know its coming.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I was hoping to see the Grandia remasters in there. Still not sure what's up with those but we told we'd see them soon.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Here's hoping for some juicy announcements in Treehouse. Last time we got Samus Return's.

With no 3DS taking the spotlight all Switch news this time.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo really delivered IMO. Wasn't expecting much beyond what we knew about but new Zelda being shown this soon hopefully means a late 2020/early 2021 release and I did not see Panzer Dragoon coming at all.

Luigis Mansion 3 also looks muuuuch nicer than I thought it would!

Here's hoping for some juicy announcements in Treehouse. Last time we got Samus Return's.

With no 3DS taking the spotlight all Switch news this time.
That was two years ago, and they said beforehand there would be announcements during Treehouse. Last year they didn't announce anything and this year they haven't said anything about announcements so I would not get your hopes up

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but they already broke the record on radio silence. The fact they've worked for many years on something that got canned means the game was simply not shaping out good. That is not a motivating way to begin working on a brand new (and huge/ambitious) project in this case MP4. I'm worried for MP4 now...

The latest report from Retro ex-employers, even if unverified, tell that the company is unfortunately a "mess".

Its a miracle I love all their games, and especially the last two that was kinda disappointed when announced, but became my favorite 2D platformer of all time.

I fully support Retro, but since last E3 I knew something was wrong, and I agree, MP4 could not even happen, since, if mediocre, it could kill a comeback from that franchise and turn it into another Star Fox.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
As great as that Direct was, the lack of Retro Studios again is really disappointing. Why is it taking so long to see their game?

Oct 28, 2017
This really is one of those Dewey I expected nothing and I'm still let down directs. But to be fair, the direct had that one moment to make me scream. Sometimes I guess I should be grateful for that one.

I had to be bore for 40 minutes for it, but I'm happy for the Zelda announcement.

Goddamn I'm mad about the Resident Evil troll though. Jesus.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
This was a really good Direct, Nintendo definitely saved E3. My thoughts:
  • I definitely expected the DQ rep, though I didn't actually expect all the reps. I was also firmly in the no Banjo camp, but I'm glad I was proven wrong.
  • I don't know if I'm sold on Luigi's Mansion 3, mainly because I really need to see if they ditched the mission structure from Dark Moon or not. Everything else about it looked good though.
  • I have no idea what the Dark Crystal game was about, that was one of the weirder parts of the Direct for me.
  • I've never played any of the Mana games (though I should play Secret of Mana since I own a SNES Classic) but the Trials of Mana remake looks really good. Definitely interested in that.
  • I can't actually believe The Witcher 3 is happening on Switch, but it is and that's awesome. I'll be interested in seeing how it ends up running.
  • That Fire Emblem trailer was super hype. The 5 year time skip really helped out everyone's designs, especially Dimitri's. Really hyped now.
  • The RE5 and RE6 reveals were definitely a quick way to deflate my hype. An actual port of RE7 would have been better.
  • No More Heroes 3 is awesome, sign me the hell up!
  • Panzer Dragoon remake was a big surprise, did not expect that at all. Interested in seeing more.
  • Kinda meh on Contra: Rogue Corps, though I imagine someone's excited by it?
  • More Astral Chain = more hype. What they showed off looked really cool, can't wait to play it. Really like the idea of being able to capture different enemies, and that they're not creations to fight back the alien threat.
  • The new Animal Crossing is certainly interesting. I was not expecting the idea of building the village from the ground up. I would have been just fine with New Leaf 2: The Electric Boogaloo but this was a step up for sure. Sad about the delay though.
  • Spyro Trilogy confirmation was nice, as was the announcement of Alien: Isolation.
  • I was absolutely not expecting the confirmation of a direct BotW sequel, that's crazy. It wasn't quite a jpeg announcement but I'm still a bit deflated that it was a "now in development" sort of deal.
  • I think the only things I wished would have shown up were Bayo 3 and an announcement for a Metroid Prime Trilogy port. I didn't expect the first one to happen since Astral Chain is coming out soon, but I was still holding out hope for the second one.

Dec 2, 2017
Day one for me

Fire emblem
Luigi's Mansion
Daemon X Machina
Pokemon
Links Awakening
Animal Crossing
Mario Maker 2
Witcher 3

Pretty great direct. Would have liked Metroid in some form, but what can you do.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo franchises I like/love:
Mario (2D or 3D)
Metroid Prime
Pikmin
Donkey Kong Country
Wario Land (that Shake It game for Wii was amazing)

Zelda and Luigi's Mansion are pretty good, but I am pretty picky about Zelda and am by no means a super fan of the series. BOTW was my least favorite one I've played, so BOTW 2 does nothing for me.

Direct just didn't do much for me. It's not like I was let down by unrealistic expectations. It just didn't deliver stuff that excited me personally.

LakeShore

Oct 28, 2017
Was Super Lucky's Tale for Switch confirmed before this Direct? Feels like it was missed in the rush of the other big news. But, that's quite some news too right?

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
To be fair, there's nothing delusional about expecting to see games that were announced years, and years ago like SMTV and Bayo 3.
I just don't trust extremely vague CGI trailers to be an indication of anything other than literally still being in its conceptual phase. Maybe I'm being a little harsh on SMT fans, but maybe you guys will see something at TGS. As for Bayo 3; obviously Platinum isn't going to overshadow their other game with Bayo 3.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So what is releasing in October and December?

Everything coming in late September has me thinking a revision might be dropping then.

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Gamefreak knew how to do shading :( all these characters looking like they're floating off the ground lol

Th0rnhead

Oct 27, 2017
Really good Direct. Bummed at no Metroid Prime trilogy or Retro Studios game. But BoTW sequel more than makes up for it. Trailer gave me legit chills.

Deleted member 41502

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
What was up with that RE5+6 reveal. Can we officially put that down as the weirdest trailer this year? Like, it wasn't even gameplay of the games being revealed.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That was a pretty dope direct, it had lots of games that are not really that interesting to me, but a lot of stuff that was right on point for me too!

It's nice to see b tier games alive and well on the Switch too.

Simon21

Apr 25, 2018
As soon as people realise:

- E3 isn't the be all end all for all companies anymore.
- Expecting to have Directs dropping announcement all through the year and getting a mindblowing E3 too is delusional to the extreme.
- To stop basing all their hopes around things that don't exist and/or we have no reasonable reason to expect.

Everyone will be a lot happier.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'm sure we have more surprises to come over the next few days too. Nintendo usually squeezes in smaller game announcements during Treehouse Live. Sushi Striker and Rhythm Heaven Megamix were both surprise announcements during E3 in previous years.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You know ... i actually have to thank Nintendo for this C&D letter to Sabi.

If ANY of this would've leaked....

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Decent Direct, but it lacked a couple of big surprises (yeah, I'm not as excited for the new BotW as most people are even though I really enjoyed BotW a lot). DQ and Banjo for Smash do nothing for me, I'd have preferred different characters but I understand it's inevitable to be disappointed with Smash choices since there are too many characters to choose from. Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina still look... I don't know, but I'm not convinced. I was mostly looking forward to Bayonetta 3, but it was a no show. Luigi's Mansion 3 is looking pretty good so at least there's that.

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As soon as people realise:

- E3 isn't the be all end all for all companies anymore.
- Expecting to have Directs dropping announcement all through the year and getting a mindblowing E3 too is delusional to the extreme.
- To stop basing all their hopes around things that don't exist and/or we have no reasonable reason to expect.

Everyone will be a lot happier.

Bro we have a large contingent of people who believe that leaked product announcements are "spoilers"

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Oh man, Panzer Dragoon looks niiiiiiiiiiiiice. Wonder how it controls and plays. Anyone know if it's a remake of the original?

I'm also not a Pokemon fan...at all...but these Pokemon games look pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.