• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
No odyssey 2
mario_sad-640x353.jpg

parski

Nov 13, 2017
Breath of the Wild sequel teaser gave me chills and Link's Awakening + Luigi's Mansion 3 + Animal Crossing + Fire Emblem + Metroid Prime 4 + whatever else will keep me busy until it drops. Even if Nintendo didn't have third parties lining up they'd be set.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Direct Sequel to my least favourite 3D Zelda drags this down really hard. I don't care for Breath of the Wild, and whilst it's unfair to completely rule out the sequel with how little info it has so far? It's basically my least favourite direction to take a follow-up.

Like, Direct Sequel. Really. I guess if anything they may actually have a plot of note now because interesting stuff is happening now and not like 100 years in the past that you couldn't interact with... but jeez. I don't care for this particular world the first time and I highly doubt the second time is going to change it.

Yeah yeah, quote me as being in the minority. Whatever. I don't care. It's just a massive depressing point to end things on.

And the rest of the direct... ehh. Astral Chains looks great as it always has. Pokemon gym leader looks nice but tree house will show most of the new info. There's a no more heroes 3 and contra game? Contra looked really janky though so hope it's early on. Good for Banjo getting in, hopefully leads to some good remixes in Smash Ultimate (Get Grant Kirkhope on the phone). Dragon Quest is alright. Joker is still a better character for me. Cadence of Hyrule this thursday is good.

But man... that ending is a massive sour note for me. I like Zelda, but not Breath of the Wild. Here's a Direct Sequel to the game you hated. Gee, thanks.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Was a great Direct for me! AC push back is a little disappointing but not a huge deal to me. I just wonder what Nintendo has to release in December?

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Decent Direct, but it lacked a couple of big surprises (yeah, I'm not as excited for the new BotW as most people are even though I really enjoyed BotW a lot).
Agreed. Internet forums love 'dark' Zeldas but they generally undersell compared to the lighter hearted Zeldas. See MM, ST, and TP. Also looks likely to be based in BotW Hyrule, and possibly a dark underworld, not a new land across the sea. But we might get 2 player coop or AI controlled Zelda, which is cool.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I really appreciate when people start their posts with "I don't like BOTW". It helps me know that I can just stop reading right there at the beginning.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Astral Chain looks amazing.

That Animal Crossing delay... I guess I'll just start up a new farm in Stardew Valley until March.

Pretty solid lineup going into 2020 for my tastes, at least.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Oh man, Panzer Dragoon looks niiiiiiiiiiiiice. Wonder how it controls and plays. Anyone know if it's a remake of the original?

I'm also not a Pokemon fan...at all...but these Pokemon games look pretty nice.
It's a remake of the first game. All the gameplay was from the first level. They need to fix the color palette.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
The latest report from Retro ex-employers, even if unverified, tell that the company is unfortunately a "mess".

Its a miracle I love all their games, and especially the last two that was kinda disappointed when announced, but became my favorite 2D platformer of all time.

I fully support Retro, but since last E3 I knew something was wrong, and I agree, MP4 could not even happen, since, if mediocre, it could kill a comeback from that franchise and turn it into another Star Fox.
That's pretty unfortunate. And the fact that most of the original developers who created the amazing Metroid Prime trilogy are no longer working at Retro makes me doubt even more... Oh well 2 more years of radio silence at least until we get the first glimpse of MP4.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the Direct itself was phenomenal, but outside of the Mana games, No More Heroes 3, and Breath of the Wild 2, the other new stuff felt like either ports or just don't look that great (that Contra game in particular comes to mind).

Granted, Nintendo's 2019 is pretty strong from here on out, and they did say that they were going to be focusing on 2019 titles. Definitely will get a lot of use out of my Switch for the year to come, and even more excited for what this console will have in 2020.

kidtamagotchi

Oct 27, 2017
What was up with that RE5+6 reveal. Can we officially put that down as the weirdest trailer this year? Like, it wasn't even gameplay of the games being revealed.
If you noticed, there was no violent shooting scenes in any of the gameplay footage, so that was probably a way to extend the trailer/make it more interesting.

Simon21

Apr 25, 2018
I really appreciate when people start their posts with "I don't like BOTW". It helps me know that I can just stop reading right there at the beginning.

It's the epitome of being "that entitled person".

"So what if they're releasing a sequel to one of the most acclaimed games of all time? Why aren't they catering directly to MEEEEEE"

Elider

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
Soooo… you can't actually transfer any Pokémon to Sword & Shield. Like, they won't actually be coded into the game.

Gamefreak why

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
I dont see how can anyone think this was a bad E3 for them presentation wise. The best even since i first watched e3 in 2016,by far.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Zelda fans get a plate full of food as always.

Metroid fans out here eating scraps while F-Zero fans 20ft into the ground. Awesome.
I think people forget Zelda is Nintendos third (or second if you dont want to count Pokemon) best selling franchise vs Metroid, which never came close to selling as much as a Zelda game during its peak. Money talks.

plan9

Nov 22, 2017
Would've really loved to see a glimpse of new Mario Kart or at least a DLC pack for MK8:/ Mario Kart 8 came out over 5 years ago on WiiU, so a new installment is long overdue. I've played MK8 to death on both systems so hopefully next year we'll finally get a new one..

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I want to give a quick knee jerk reaction:

Does anyone think Nintendo delayed Animal Crossing since they don't have anything else first-party for early 2020?

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
So...

-FE 3H rumors confirmed (the leak was real, I'm extremelly hyped now)
-No More Heroes III
-Hero and Banjo for Smash
-BotW 2

And other games I'll play (Astral Chain and Link's Awakening look awesome).

Best conference this E3 by far, I'm really happy with Nintendo even if most games were previously announced.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think people forget Zelda is Nintendos third (or second if you dont want to count Pokemon) best selling franchise vs Metroid, which never came close to selling as much as a Zelda game during its peak. Money talks.
Oh I know this all too well, but it'll always be disappointing as a nintendo fan who doesn't care for Zelda.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing direct. Salty people in the Witcher 3 announce thread is the worst of it but given cdprojectred's record very unlikely they'd let a bad port out . The perform like ass crowd will likely slink away when the game releaees

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did we know the Fire Emblem Three Houses was going to do a time skip? I haven't read up much on it. I'm digging it.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Astral Chain was easily the highlight for me (and of E3 overall so far). Gameplay is king, but the quality of the voice acting was leagues better than any of the other "anime" games.

Switch Mini when? Astral Chain, Fire Emblem, LA remake, and Mario Maker are easily enough to garner a purchase, even without Metroid.

P.S. Orta was the best traditional Panzer Dragoon. Yawn at PD1 Remake.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
I can't say the conference didn't pass my test as BOTW sequel is my number 1 ideal game. But I would've taken a surprise (there was no way this game wasn't coming).

I expect Zelda is a 2021 game, as an "in development" announcement. There's no doubting how good it looked though. And a direct sequel too, all the right beats. I'd prefer a new location but it'll take a densening of Hyrule.

Edit: oh yeah I totally forgot about retro. The next thing from them is 100% Metroid prime 4. Shame!

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that worried me is the lack of Bayo 3, I'm not sure what's happening at Platinum, but they're normally quite quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.