• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
To think that my gaming joy in 2019 would be defined by my middle school habits (SD3 and Banjo and finally beating FF8)...bravo. Unlike then, my wallet is ready.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
The only disappointment in this direct for me was the lack of SNES for Nintendo online announcement. I'm still paying this stupid subscription to play Smash and soon Mario Maker but goddamn it I'd at least like to get some better retro games from it too.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
Era should band together to find the best shop card discounts over this next 1.5 months. These vouchers Nintendo is offering are gonna come in handy lol. I need like 3.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I never expected MP4 to show up since it's too early for that but not getting anything from Retro is just so disappointing and sad. What happened to them?

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
She looks great

hero_ms-marvel.png
Love her

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
Uh..did you by chance see Astral Chain, that has been heavily featured in the last two Directs? They clearly showed the P* logo as well.

Like really, how is this a question?
You mean the game revealed after Bayonetta 3, yet is launching this year? Yea, exactly. Like, how is this a question? Platinum has a quick turnaround time, Bayonetta 3 is surprisingly taking awhile.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Please don't be mad with me., but I have to ask.

What did Animal Crossing fans think of New Horizons? Did it look good and did it meet your expectations? Don't hit me, but I got a feeling that the scope was... limited. Please tell me I'm wrong, though: I've never played it, so maybe I just don't understand the first thing about it!

Hope you're not angry with me :s
I was disappointed honestly. Game looks like an HD New Leaf and the fact that it got delayed sucks even more. I was hoping for something a bit more grand since it's been 6 years since the last one but oh well. The colors look nice though.

Oct 30, 2017
Retro's game being MIA kind of worries me a bit about Prime 4. Games get canned all the time without us hearing but they've had no non-port output in years and are now taking up dev of a game that already got canned once. Not actually filling me with confidence.

Yes this is also concerning to me, I am not sure when this game is going to surface again.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
I was pleasantly surprised by LM3. It looks really good. I mean like another major mario game good. Lots of content and playing options.

It gave me a bit a hype for it.

Space Hunter

Feb 12, 2018
No Metroid is a little heartbreaking, but oh well, we're used to it at this point. Amazing direct overall, there was something for everyone to enjoy and it was paced extremely well. Not many 2020 announcements, as expected, but that's what the fall direct is for.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
On training all day, readiy about it on my break, I'm am SUPER bummed about the Animal Crossing delay :'(

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Amazing direct all around. I don't care about animal crossing anyway.

However, there are very legitimate reasons to be worried about retro and MP4 now. I really thought they would have a game.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Animal Crossing, all the Zelda, Astral Chain looking fucking off the charts, witcher 3, banjo, luigi and so much more. I already have zero time due to the switch games thus far but I think I'll need immortality for everything now.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Zelda tease kinda saved the Direct for me. I can't believe Retro's game does not exist.

I was under the impression that they were f*cking around for many years and then MP4 came into their lap and whatever they were f*cking around with was nothing. Unless they do two games at once? Weren't they doing nothing for years before the first Metroid Prime?

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I've been out and missed the last 80 pages of this Direct and obvs can't read all that, but I thoroughly enjoyed that Direct. Even with the Animal Crossing delay (which was a bit of a bummer), the rest of 2019 rocks and 2020 off to a strong start:

Things I didn't like:
- New Contra looks awful
- Why focus on Resident Evil 5 and 6? Not exactly high points for the series and fairly late ports
- Dat £34.99 price for Mana Collection. Yikes.
- September is going to kill my finances.

Things I loved:
- Breath of Majoraaaaaaa. DIRECT SEQUEL YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS. A teaser with what looks like Ganon's corpse and maybe is readying us for playable Zelda? Super. Cannot wait. Has a shot at a late 2020 launch, even if Nintendo obviously aren't confident to publicly say so just yet.
- Link's Awakening. Yes, I am a fanboy for Zelda. I love the aesthetic. Hoped there'd be a bit more in the way of new stuff, but if you can share dungeons then that dungeon maker is good. Plus, that European special edition.
- ASTRAL CHAIN. JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS
- Dragon Quest and Banjo for Smash
- Luigi's Mansion 3

Things I liked and am optimistic about:
- No More Heroes 3
- Empire of Sins
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
- Dragon Quest XI S
- Panzer Dragoon Remake

Animal Crossing looked good to me, but the delay is a bit disappointing. That being said, early 2020 now looking strong - Gods & Monsters, Empire of Sins and Animal Crossing hopefully in the first quarter of the calendar year is a good start and better than 2019. There was so much in there that I was struggling to keep track of it and dropping the megaton of BotW 2 on top just really blew it open. Considering we had such a strong February Direct and a decent September Direct, and we're on track for another Direct in 3 or 4 months, I'm super happy as a Switch owner.

There's probably more stuff in there I liked, but I thought that was a really good Direct.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
One day we really need to find out what happened to Retro the past 5 years.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
If "first party character from another company" in "first party game" isn't a "Mario on Playstation" announcement then alright, you do you
Tbh it was Mario specifically, cool that Microsoft let Nintendo use Banjo but Mario is a huge, huge franchise thats the difference i was expecting a little more with that phrase

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This was an incredible Direct, chocke full of announcements, reveals, gameplay bits. Third party is coming here, slowly, but it is. Retro is still the weird bunch in this. What the fuck are they doing?

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I think people need to accept that whatever Retro was working on was likely cancelled, and they're now working on MP4.

I'm not suggesting that them taking on MP4 led to the cancellation of their previous project, but it's clear that they were likely working on something which otherwise didn't pan out.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
If "first party character from another company" in "first party game" isn't a "Mario on Playstation" announcement then alright, you do you
Banjo is a character from a dead IP that MS bought wholesale along with the rotting corpse of Rare. I'd hardly call it a "Mario on Playstation" announcement.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
You mean the game revealed after Bayonetta 3, yet is launching this year? Yea, exactly. Like, how is this a question? Platinum has a quick turnaround time, Bayonetta 3 is surprisingly taking awhile.
It is taking awhile isn't it :^(
But, Babylons Fall wasn't shown either and it was announced last year, lets have faith Bayo 3 will turn out a great game even if it takes longer than expected.
AC looks very cool too, so Platinum hasn't lost their touch for quality im sure Bayonetta will impress when its revealed, they said its gonna be quite different from the first two

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing delay bothered me less than expected. Game is shaping up pretty good, plus the holidays are already packed.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Just got home from a long day at work finally got to actually watch this and not just read headlines.

That was really fucking good. So much stuff coming out! Banjo trailer was so good.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Zell was obviously referring to an actual game announcement with that hint, I doubt it was about some fighter pass character. Smash is known for getting crazy character announcements anyway

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Banjo is a character from a dead IP that MS bought wholesale along with the rotting corpse of Rare. I'd hardly call it a "Mario on Playstation" announcement.

That's cool that you think that, but it's literally a first party character on a competitor's crossover game. Whether you guys don't think it, it's completely a "Mario on Playstation" moment.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
- Why focus on Resident Evil 5 and 6? Not exactly high points for the series and fairly late ports
Because they sell a lot and are quite popular

Im not a fan either but they are a more exciting announcement than the classic collection (released from GC /Wii) and the first time those games come to a Nintendo system, some fans will be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.