• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
The past Paper Mario games were not side projects. As others said, Intelligent Systems had two teams. All of their titles were equal projects, FE, WarioWare and Paper Mario.

But a possible future Paper Mario would be a "side project" as even what IntSys have is not enough for them, they required assistance from Omega Force for Three Houses even. I think a remake of an older game is more plausible for Paper Mario, it wouldn't require much manpower and it still would be considered as "real Paper Mario" compared to past two games.
Yes I think Paper Mario/TTYD needs to be remade primarily so that IntSys can remember what people loved about them.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Namco was mysteriously no show this E3. Nintendo didn't even list their games on that traditional "lots of games coming" graphic. No God Eater 3, no SAo Fatal Bullet, no Doraemon SoS and no Tsum Tsum Festival. Wonder why.
I'm willing to bet Tales only shown up there because MS begged for something

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
You can easily find examples where Nintendo listens and examples where they don't care (Nintendo switch online for example). I don't think that's a very relevant thing.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Everyone always ignores how good Super Paper Mario was! I'd gladly take another game in that style.

I'm torn on whether a 'classic' PM game could happen. On the one hand, I'm sure they've heard the fan demand and they've been less tight about restricting the Mario franchise to just the established characters and the 'New' aesthetic, as seen with stuff like Odyssey introducing a bunch of new races and Luigi's Mansion 3 bringing back unique portrait ghosts.

But on the other hand, it feels like they might not have an incentive to change up the formula again until they end up with a real sales stinker, and I think SS and CS did relatively well for their respective consoles. I also fear that if a third SS style PM game flopped sales wise, Nintendo would instead take the message of "oh, Paper Mario's not popular anymore" and just can the franchise.

Villa

Oct 28, 2017
I do think there will be another Paper Mario game, I just really wonder what form it will take. I think an ambitious new game in the style of the first game would be very well received, generate a fair bit of hype and end up selling well. But I wonder whether Nintendo thinks its worth the risk, or if they'd rather just remake either/both of the first two. Or worst case scenario, just port Colour Splash :(

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I suspect Luigi's Mansion will have a release date before too long. It's already been on the rating board. It's pretty much done. Besides new areas and bosses, there's not much else to show. Looks like the multiplayer needs some extra polish and that's it. I'm guessing December.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
I suspect Luigi's Mansion will have a release date before too long. It's already been on the rating board. It's pretty much done. Besides new areas and bosses, there's not much else to show. Looks like the multiplayer needs some extra polish and that's it. I'm guessing December.
It has to be late October right? makes way too much sense (but then again it's nintendo so...)

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I need more news about a title.

Killer Queen Black
killer-queen-black-nintendo-switch-20180612-800x445.jpg

Originally revealed for Switch during Nintendo's 2018 E3 Direct. Release announced for Winter 2018. Playable on the showfloor in 2018, plenty of footage online.

Killer Queen Black seems to have been delayed to Q3 2019. Not sure why. End of summer? I think it was on the showfloor again this year.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Do we think that we now know all the big games that are releasing on Switch this year, first and third party? Other than indie releases on eshop I mean.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I need more news about a title.

Killer Queen Black
killer-queen-black-nintendo-switch-20180612-800x445.jpg

Originally revealed for Switch during Nintendo's 2018 E3 Direct. Release announced for Winter 2018. Playable on the showfloor in 2018, plenty of footage online.

Killer Queen Black seems to have been delayed to Q3 2019. Not sure why. End of summer? I think it was on the showfloor again this year.
It is coming out August 20th.

You can preorder the physical edition here : https://www.amazon.com/Killer-Queen...=killer+queen&qid=1560704383&s=gateway&sr=8-8

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018

I think Luigi's Mansion might get its own 10-15 minute Direct sometime this summer ( July or August), because the game looks big enough (both in terms of scope and importance to their Fall schedule) to deserve one and that it seems like that strategy worked to help build hype for Mario Maker 2, Pokemon, and Joker.

If this happens, they'll probably announce the release date at that time. I still think it's an October game, because Nintendo will want it out both in time for Halloween and Black Friday and that the December game, if there is one, is probably a Wii U port, but who knows.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Do we think that we now know all the big games that are releasing on Switch this year, first and third party? Other than indie releases on eshop I mean.

I expect at least one more first party game announcement for 2019 release. My money is on Pikmin 3 port for December release but Nintendo can always surprise us with an out of nowhere announcement. Emily said there should be a mystery 4th title for Switch for 2019.

Third party wise, I think there are lots of unannounced title left for 2019. Like other DMC games, I totally expect Capcom to release the complete series one by one for Switch this year. THQ should also have more surprises this year, they have been releasing at least one game per month this year, I expect this trend to continue. Other than those, there are hinted but not yet announced games like Serious Sam and Call of Juarez Gunslinger. Publishers like Ubisoft, Take Two and Paradox could announce more ports at this September direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.