• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your expectations for today?

• *turns green* SMASH! SMASH! SMASH!

Votes: 407 26.1%
  • I'm just here for Bill Trinen cameos like every normal person

Votes: 623 39.9%
  • If Acid Ghost is half as good as Eminem's last album, I'll be happy

Votes: 147 9.4%
  • Nothing. Heck, I don't know what I am doing in this thread

Votes: 383 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
No it wouldn't. Luigi's Mansion should be it's own game. You guys are scaring me.
c7NJRa2.gif

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There have been mainline reveals that came a bit later. Simply put it, unless we go into the E3 Direct without an already-revealed pair of Pokémon games, there's hope for Gen 8 this year. However, if they announce a filler arc for the Sun/Moon anime, don't expect Gen 8 until next year.

I'm not watching the animu. Does it feel like the season is about to reach its conclusion or is there still enough material left for another 1 1/2 year?

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I will eat my hand if they don't have any themes to offer. Like c'mon.
This still makes no sense to me. Literally wasting an outlet of making money. Think of all the Breath of the Wild theme purchases that would have been made in that first week alone! Surely the Theme Shop on the 3DS was successful and simple enough to run that having it on Switch in the first month would have been a good decision.

Themes would also give the silent, white/black, silent, simple, silent UI some pop. For those of us who don't like silence.

Wait... Nintendo don't you monkey paw this and make all Switch themes silent!

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, you mean to tell me Fire Emblem, a series about war, may involve themes of soldiers dying?

H O L Y S H I T

(Could be legit, though.)
Well it could mean some kind of gimmick, where if a character dies, they become ghost warriors and continue to fight on in the afterlife.

Sounds interesting imo if true. I'd like it if main characters can die permanently, and impact the story in some way, instead of the typical rpg plot armor, power of friendship trope.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean was everyone really clamoring for Wonderful 101? Was it really that beloved?

The critical response was kind of tepid if I'm remembering correctly. 78 on Metacritic? Ehh ok

It's pretty beloved by hardcore Platinum/Kamiya fans.

It's a really weird game, but a pretty great one as well.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping we get some Mario Party announcement.

Looking at having my friends over to play some Switch and other than Mk8, what is there besides 1,2, Switch for party stuff?
Overcooked, jackbox party packs, snipperclips, Puyo Puyo Tetris, lovers in a dangerous peacetime....tons of other Indies e.g. death squared.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm not watching the animu. Does it feel like the season is about to reach its conclusion or is there still enough material left for another 1 1/2 year?
There's enough material for the remainder of this year, but not enough for most of 2019 without either slowing the pacing down significantly or introducing a filler arc.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Monster Hunter XX localisation would be my dream.
So I probably will be disappointed.
Its capcom, do you expect anything else from them? Although i totally get that they where not 100% on board with the switch from the getgo and soon change that after launch. But still its the 1st MH game in a long long time that is japan only, and it deserved to be localized, mainly because its already 70ish% done(XX is an expansion of Generations aka X in japan). So chop chop capcom, im still willing to buy it if its released this year. August/september 2018 would be the perfect time frame, give MHworld time to breathe and once they are done voila MHXX for switch and 3ds for europe and america.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty beloved by hardcore Platinum/Kamiya fans.

It's a really weird game, but a pretty great one as well.
Yeah, while I came just short of finishing it, TW101 is definitely an extremely high-quality game. The production values feel bonkers. There's so much detail, so many set-pieces, the Saturday morning cartoon vibe is fabulous, and there are like a bajillion enemies, each introduced with care.

But I also found it exhausting. It rarely lets you breathe... There's so much stuff thrown at you — it's dazzling in its creativity, but also dizzying!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The Platinum game I want ported to Switch the most is Metal Gear Rising

I go back and forth in my head whether Bayo 2 or MGR is my favorite P* title

Deleted member 643

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will be pretty shocked if Fire Emblem doesn't open the direct.

I also can't believe there are people seriously making predictions that Fire Emblem won't be there tomorrow

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If it's cheaper than a standard 2DS and has all the basic features I would buy it. I've been looking for a cheap system I can mod to rip 3DS games to try in Citra.
Ain't the 2DS only $70 or something MSRP? I don't think they could get much cheaper lol. I've seen 2DS (+Charger) in pawn shops for $40 before, if you just want one (enough) for ripping, give those + Craigslist/eBay a looksee.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect a Prime Trilogy announcement until they're ready to reveal Metroid Prime 4.

That seems more like an E3 announcement than a March announcement.
But you have reason to believe a Prime Trilogy HD is actually in development, correct? Not just a "seems like a good idea," but you actually heard something to this effect?

And yeah, I agree, it would be a good E3 announcement, especially if MP4 is next year — a remastered Trilogy would fill the gap nicely.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
ANIMAL CROSSING
ANIMAL CROSSING
ANIMAL CROSSING
ANIMAL CROSSING
ANIMAL CROSSING

Probably not gonna happen and won't see it until E3 at the very earliest, but I want ANIMAL CROSSING god dammit.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect a Prime Trilogy announcement until they're ready to reveal Metroid Prime 4.

That seems more like an E3 announcement than a March announcement.
Hmm... you don't think they could pull a "Last E3, we revealed Metroid Prime 4 is in development. We hope to share more on the game in the near future, but for now, we're happy to announce the first three games are making their HD debut on Nintendo Switch"?

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sorta don't expect much from this. I think Odyssey DLC and Aces are going to be there, Star Allies will be briefly mentioned, but other than that who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.