• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
For context, here's a before & after comparison...

December 2022
6qinKwm.png

SsnDPSi.png

Now (January 2023)
UQbTGsg.png
vya4XjF.png

The fact that they're being updated now likely means that pre-orders on the eShop will go up in the very near future, which would probably be preceded by a showcase in a Nintendo Direct. And now that Fire Emblem: Engage is out, Nintendo doesn't have to worry about it being overshadowed by Zelda.

Source: Ibabinz (Originally Posted via Discord, Reposted by daybreak via FamiBoards)

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Not necessarily, Nintendo could just announce a release date for Advance Wars randomly with a trailer.

And Zelda has a release date so that's just normal.

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to be able to preorder Zelda so I can get it on my financial plan for the crazy year that is 2023.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Nintendo doesn't have a lot of releases this year so they just prop up Advance Wars somewhere inbetween gaps?

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Not necessarily, Nintendo could just announce a release date for Advance Wars randomly with a trailer.

And Zelda has a release date so that's just normal.
Maybe on their own, but these happened seemingly around the same time. And I'd be genuinely shocked if they unceremoniously put up eShop pre-orders for Zelda.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Wow, didn't expect this to blow up into a Thing.

I would assume the NSUID update would line up with pre-orders as it has with other games, and pre-orders would likely line up with a Direct for TotK. I'm not sure it means one is super imminent - Nintendo could also just make a tweet.

But maybe!

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Wow, didn't expect this to blow up into a Thing.

I would assume the NSUID update would line up with pre-orders as it has with other games, and pre-orders would likely line up with a Direct for TotK. I'm not sure it means one is super imminent - Nintendo could also just make a tweet.

But maybe!
Like I said, it's the fact that both went up at around the same time that seems curious.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
we already know the release date, why can't they do a huge store banner with a link to the digital preorder? they wouldn't need to wait for a direct/new trailer

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
we already know the release date, why can't they do a huge store banner with a link to the digital preorder? they wouldn't need to wait for a direct/new trailer
We don't exactly know a whole lot about the game right now. And it's Zelda, I doubt Nintendo would just throw up pre-orders without any fanfare.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
There's been a general direct in February for like 4-5 years running now, so I'm sure one is happening soon either way.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ezgif.com-gif-maker+%283%29.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker+%281%29.gif

I am starting to warm up to the artstyle
There is one extremely minor nitpick I have about Advance Wars artstyle is that they made Andy's wrench like three separate pieces glued together instead of just one continuous one. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does. Otherwise game looks fun, hope we get a release soon.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Direct or not I hope AW is coming soon. Not for me but I see how many people anticipate it!

Okay, correction. Nothing really in Q1 except Engage and Kirby Return to Dreamland. Then nothing until Tears of the Kingdom which is May. I guess the next Direct could announce their Q2 lineup.
Bayonneta in March is also first party, it's even available in the vouchers program

Lozlink

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, figured a direct would happen after engage came out for Zelda. If AW ends up part of it, that's a nice bonus. Can't wait, ToTk is my most anticipated game in years.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
I mean, it is that time of the year. Their Q3 Fiscal results will be released soon so they'll have to start talking about Q4 and what they hope to accomplish before the end of March and defend their increase in production of Switch consoles to Investors, giving them a few more reasons than "Well, we have Zelda and demand is still high."

Even if it's a "Here's what's releasing before the end of March" and then an "Indie World" Direct, it's likely there's one coming soon-ish

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Okay, correction. Nothing really in Q1 except Engage and Kirby Return to Dreamland. Then nothing until Tears of the Kingdom which is May. I guess the next Direct could announce their Q2 lineup.

I mean, that's a pretty good line-up + the third-party games coming to Switch.
April is weirdly empty though, curious if they drop Pikmin 4 there.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
We know most of Nintendo's (remaining) Winter & Spring plans (Bayo Origins, Kirby RtDL Remastered, & Zelda TotK). What we need to know more about are their summer plans & maybe a peak at Fall & the Holidays.

rewkol

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure based on past directs we are likely to see one on Feb 8th or 15th. This isn't a huge surprise really, like guessing there will be a September direct

GreenKing1979

Aug 1, 2020
Unlikely, Nintendo has only published games in April twice, 2017 was MK8D, and 2021 was New Pokémon Snap.

April and August are dead months when it comes to first party games.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If Pikmin 4 was coming in the next few months, we'd already have a date for it. It's probably gonna be in the second half of this year.