• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Does anyone know what the song was that played during the last montage before the Pokemon stuff? I didn't know if it was from a game but it was pretty cool.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Wow. They even positioned this as a "Mini" and people still moaning? It's wild to me how dissonant my feelings on the gaming industry can be compared to the general vibe sometimes, but even still I'm pretty surprised at how many people weren't into this one.

For me, it was fire from end to end. I can't even recall the number of games I'm interested in -- Xenoblade, Bravely II, Borderlands, weird new Nintendo game out today (Good Job!), Catherine, Panzer Dragoon and new Capcom shadow drops to start. Just an interesting variety of solid-looking games wall-to-wall for a half hour to get us to summer (and it's already April, fer fuck's sake). That's cool to me.
Same. There's just so much coming out. I don't even know where to start.

Oct 28, 2019
You got Bravely Default 2 demo, Xeno blade release, new smash character, two new events for AC in a month and more.

People can be ridiculous sometimes.

Just let them be disappointed? Christ. Obviously their post was subjective. The disparaging remarks on anyone not entirely positive about the Direct are tiring and unnecessary.

No one is calling you ridiculous for enjoying the Direct. So why do you?

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The problem is: Due to this Direct Mini, we know that there will most probably be no new firstparty-releases from now till September - beside of Xenoblade. This is an awful release schedule and even more worse than the same timeperiod last year. Even under corona conditions they could easily release a Pikmin 3 Deluxe in June or a Paper Mario in August. I don't understand this weak lineup at all.

"They could easily release..."

Mind elaborating on how easy it is?

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I was pretty happy with this Direct. Animal Crossing hasn't even cooled yet, and I still have a pretty hefty backlog for the next couple months. Xenoblade and BioShock couldn't be coming at a better time, Star Wars Racer is aces, and I'm excited for Playhouse Games (a new first-party game btw) as a fun time-waster.

Gonna check out the Bravely Default II demo later today.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
1) the games actually announced are all good and there's a wide variety of them hitting many types of games, which is what we want to see
2) while your expectations may play a role in how you receive an announcement, it has very little bearing to reality
3) the entitlement comes from the fact paying to buy a hard ware entitles you to get exactly what you want all the time. That is not going to happen, and on the wider context of things, we've gotten a lot of things we want, so if this direct didn't do it for you, it doesn't entitle you to make the argument you made.
My argument was made specifically at someone who is talking down to others for being unhappy. The recent trend in these threads to call people entitled to shut them up I'd really counterintuitive.
none of the games in the quoted tweet are by Nintendo. I was responding to the idea it's backwards to announce JP-only games but since those are out of nintendo's hands, I don't see it as backwards
I meant backwards in the sense that it seems to be increasing recently, not just specifically with this direct. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah what's up with their first-party releases? Are we just assuming they have nothing new until August or September?

Jun 2, 2019
Well, this was great for a mini Direct

I was so absorbed into Animal Crossing that i didn't realize it got announced, and didn't realize there was one until i got a gmail notification in my phone about Burnout coming to Switch

It was really packed, with quite a few surprises (for me at least) and some shadow drops happening. The BD2 demo OF COURSE is now downloading to my Switch.

And of effin' course i'm getting dat Xenoblade. The trailer got me hyped AF

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Is Ring Fit Adventure still sold out? It would really be useful to have to keep fit while quarantining.

Lwill

Oct 28, 2017
Well, this was a very mini direct.

Excited for Bravely Default II and Xenoblade, but it would have been nice to hear about a new upcoming game as well. I guess it's going to be a pretty light year for Nintendo.
They only covered games (or at least their demos) scheduled up to June. That is likely not a coincidence.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah what's up with their first-party releases? Are we just assuming they have nothing new until August or September?

We don't really know yet. We've definitely seen games before with announcement to release of less than three months. But I wouldn't expect much till July. And COVID could mean we at best get a couple ports and one to three significant new games the rest of the year. Not trying to FUD at all. Just to set my expectations.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
today has been a very painful day for my family, selfishly im a little glad this Direct wasn't something that special it would hurt to remember, hopefully by June everything looks a bit brighter, for everyone.💛 Love you all

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty happy with this Direct, there is lots of cool stuff coming out in the next couple months. There was more in there than I expected for something labeled as mini. I'm really excited to play the Xenoblade remake.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
You got Bravely Default 2 demo, Xeno blade release, new smash character, two new events for AC in a month and more.

People can be ridiculous sometimes.

Personally I'm thrilled with the mini direct, but as someone who enjoys a good "one more thing" I feel this direct would have been better served putting the arms dlc smash fighter as the finale. I imagine they chose not to since they didn't have anything to show, but they didn't show much for the isle of armor either so 🤷‍♀️

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It really upsets me, but I need to force myself to look away from the screen (and this site) when I see people being negative for the sake of it.
It is - we got the Indie Direct, Animal Crossing and the Mini Direct in the last 10 days from Nintendo....which you could say were among the 10 worst for most industry nations in terms of economic impact.

There isnt much going on, pretty much everything is getting cancelled.....yet for some reason people, expect Nintendo and their announcements not to be affected by such a pandemic.

As you say its difficult to browse these threads filled with entitlement. It starts with the ridiculous Direct Hype threads of people hyping themselves up for weeks, based on nothing, only to then always crash and burn.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Does this mean we'll have silence and no first party announcements for a while? That mini direct was very telling of the drought that's to come.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I just don't like these games? Jesus christ it's not like I haven't tried Braverly and Xenoblade before -_-

Okay so you don't like Bravely, Xenoblade, AC and Smash. That's fine. I'm not too hot on AC either and only "semi play" it due to my kids playing it.

What about the 2K games collections? Ever played those? Or, to return to my first post quoting you, you should look what games are on other platforms you might enjoy.

I didn't critize that you don't like those games, i just said that you have to change habits and/or look elsewhere for stuff you might like within the next 3 months.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay so you don't like Bravely, Xenoblade, AC and Smash.

What about the 2K games collections? Ever played those? Or, to return to my first post quoting you, you should look what games are on other platforms you might enjoy.

I didn't critize that you don't like those games, i just said that you have to change habits and/or looks elsewhere for stuff you might like within the next 3 months.
Yes, I tried out BioShock Infinite and the first one on my PC. It's okay but also not my cup of tea.

Sorry if I sounded agressive. I thought you were one of these "no disappointment allowed" people.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I guess this was the second best mini so far during the Switch lifespan.. or the worst depending on how you see it.
It was a Mini so I really didnt expect to see any new big hitters.. but yeah, this was very dissapointing.

On the Bright side, XC will be spectacular, new content is yum and that Collectors Edition will be mine. Also now with a date!
Also looks like BDII will take the Octopath route which definately helped that game. Will try out the demo.
Nice touch of Nintendo to pay respect to those ones struggling in the Pandemic.

But on the flipside - direct was defined by things like this...
2 Minutes of tabletop classics
An announcement of an announcement to please the Smash fans - Nice to see it being an Arms Character though hopefully Twintelle.
Ending with more info on a previously announced DLC we already had a direct about...

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is the other side expecting nintendo to show games that may be disrupted due to a global pandemic?
That doesn't mean people can't still be disappointed with what was shown.

Yeah I understand that it has been a while and we want big announcements. But as soon as I see "mini", that changes my expectations.
Even the last mini had two first party ports and a fairly "big" first party game. This didn't even have the former, and ended with not saying much about DLC that was just announce, both of which are part of the issue for seemingly most people.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
There was nothing mini about this, except the fact that they didn't announce any new first party games.

That Pokémon DLC finisher kinda sucked, it was all information we knew, would've been a great direct otherwise if they had a new announcement for the end.

Arms in Smash is kinda expected, so it's fine I guess, but 5 months before the next character kinda sucks.

THAT RING FIT ADVENTURE UPDATE! Holy shit that's huge, they made it into a Nintendo Rhythm game that also doubles as exercise. I really need to pick it up now, that's freaking cool and easily the highlight of the direct.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
This was The Most Important Direct Possibly Ever. We finally got proof of life on this guy. Yes I will pay the $60 ransom to free my boy if that's what it takes

mr-driller-drillland-nintendo-switch.original.jpg

Oct 28, 2019
Any written summary since the OP is bare bones?

00:23 - Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
04:26 - 2K Games
06:09 - MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order
07:20 - Shinsekai: Into the Depths
08:23 - Animal Crossing: New Horizons
09:44 - Good Job!
10:48 - Catherine: Full Body
11:43 - Ring Fit Adventure
13:13 - King's Bounty II
14:10 - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
14:47 - ARMS
15:24 - BRAVELY DEFAULT II
19:42 - Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics
21:33 - Ninjala
22:47 - Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
23:14 - Panzer Dragoon: Remake
23:40 - What's Coming to Nintendo Switch?
25:15 - Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Yikes. I'll check out the Bravely 2 demo and Good Job! looks fun. Other than that... glad there's some big games hitting on PS4 over the next few months.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
if they had showed something big like Bayo 3 or Metroid or BOTW2 people would just complain when they show that shit again at E3.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Ring Fit update is practically a troll right now due to it being sold out all over. It looks great though cant wait to try it. I wish-listed about 4 games and look forward to them being like half the listed price and also because I just bought 5 deeply discounted games yesterday. That underwater metroidvania might sell me full price if it's really strong though. Will watch reviews.

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wish they didn't taunt me with Ring Fit Adventures which is impossible for me to obtain right now

Joeshabadoo

Jan 3, 2019
That was just fine, and really neat in some spots.

I understand some of the disappointment given the longest ever drought and then nothing too heavy beyond a light trickle or stream of stuff, but some of you really need to get a bit of a grip. There is a global crisis and very few industries are exempt. Sure, messaging can always be improved but they are clearly worried about more than that right now

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
The Switch is becoming my "best games of all time collection" machine

Bioshock, Catherine Full Body and Burnout Paradise were all megatons to me