• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Isn't Borderlands coming to the switch?

Borderlands-and-More-2K-Games-coming-to-Nintendo-Switch.jpg
It's the one above.

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
Just watched some minutes ago... ok that was a pretty meh Direct.
Was expecting more even for a mini.
There was just no announcement of any first party game. Not even the ports we all know arrumar coming.
The highlights for me are Xenoblade DE that's even bigger than I imagine, and looks fantastic. ARMS finally coming to Smash is another great announcement. Bravely Default II looks really great too.
(So that Brazilian listing of Burnout has finally been proven correct lol).
Now we wait till June for the next Direct and pray it's a good one. The almost seven months filthy is still here.

Aloysius

Nov 5, 2017
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone else bummed by the Animal Crossing holidays? I am expecting them all to be the same thing reskinned. Ill wait and see, but it seems like they are doing them the same way they do Pocket Camp holidays.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
For me, a bad direct .
Not a single item of interest.
Nearly all old or remastered games.
I know its a mini but c'mon Nintendo- where are the big hitters?
If like me you have no interest in pokrmon or AC and you had a wii u it has been a dry year.

cubicle47b

Aug 9, 2019
This mini was a pretty big miss for me. Bravely Default 2 and Trials of Mana are the two games I'm slightly interested in.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
After such a huge wait between Directs I was hoping for something more. Or any new first party game, really. Releasing Xenoblade Chronicles for the 3rd time this decade ain't doing anything for me. I guess the wait for the (not) E3 direct starts now.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure why people were disappointed, it's called a Direct Mini for a reason, it's not meant to be huge on content.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not a bad direct, definitely lacking on the 1st party side of things though. Holy shit at Pokemon though. What the hell kind of trailer was that?

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why people were disappointed, it's called a Direct Mini for a reason, it's not meant to be huge on content.
Because after the longest gap between general Directs and Nintendo's barren line up of upcoming first party titles people expected more than just a Mini.

Oct 27, 2017
Considering E3 is "scheduled" for a little over 2 months from now, this might be the last Direct till then. Of course since it's officially cancelled Nintendo isn't bound to their original date

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Unless nintendo is an anomaly, I feel like a lot of people are in for a rude awakening in regards to game development during the current pandemic.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I wouldn't say 3D World is even that weak of a game. It's a big, big title as 1. Not many played it on Wii U, so it's practically a new game, and 2. It's a Mario game with multiplayer on a console basically made for it.
I love 3D World, but I'd say Nintendo using as it a big holiday game in the 4th year of the console is a bad look. This is the time when you'd think they'd be firing on all cylinders. All development has finally moved on from the 3DS, and yet we see them still leaning on Wii U ports.

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
The BioShock series is among my favorites, so that excites me a great deal... only thing better would be if I didn't have to wait two months for it. At that point, Switch will have nearly all of my all-time favorites on it.

BD2 is big for me as well. Also really looking forward to the 3D World port as that's probably my all time favorite Mario game after SMW.

Nov 2, 2017
Thought the direct was fine if you were interested in various third parties. Borderlands and bioshock were definitely the big ones for me. Xenoblade I'm somewhat interested in but not sure yet.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I love 3D World, but I'd say Nintendo using as it a big holiday game in the 4th year of the console is a bad look. This is the time when you'd think they'd be firing on all cylinders. All development has finally moved on from the 3DS, and yet we see them still leaning on Wii U ports.
I've been playing it with my kid recently. It's still gorgeous and holds up so well. I think they could easily wrap it in a nice package and maybe add some extra multiplayer modes - like ice skate racing!

Also, that game gets so hard for a little kid so much faster than I realized.

Oct 31, 2017
Good direct !

Xenoblade will be preordered ASAP. I already own the artbook so I'd like to know if this "new" one is indeed new or recycled from the previous one ! :P

PD and Shinsekai are on my wishlist.

I'll download BD2's demo later tonight but I'm already pretty sure I'll buy it as well.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the full Direct now.

Very weak and disappointing, especially after all this long radio silence. Most of it's content could have easily been announced earlier this year, hell, even last year, there was absolutely no need for such mystery. Also, Smash, AC and Pokémon patch/DLC stuff could have been revealed on their respectives Directs earlier.

Outside of Xenoblade, Nintendo's line-up for this year remains a doubt and, at this point, it makes us wonder if this will be a good year, after all. BOTW2, MP4 and Bayo 3 probably won't be around this year, if that's the case, what we'll have for the rest of the year?

Nintendo needs a marketing division strategy shake up.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's time to let go.

My guess is 3D World Deluxe, Pikmin 3, and that 2D Metroid will fill out the rest of the year.

It's going to be a bad year for releases.

this seems woefully optimistic. We get ports of 3d world and pikmin if were lucky, and a new
Metroid if we've won the lottery. Their line up so far is a massive bummer to me outside of animal crossing this year

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I've been playing it with my kid recently. It's still gorgeous and holds up so well. I think they could easily wrap it in a nice package and maybe add some extra multiplayer modes - like ice skate racing!

Also, that game gets so hard for a little kid so much faster than I realized.
It would be nice to see them add in some extras.

And yeah, I can imagine a kid having some trouble with it.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Considering there's a massive global pandemic that probably changed a lot of Nintendo's plans and not for the better, I understand the limited amount of content here. I don't particularly like it, but I certainly understand it.

At any rate, I am really happy to see Clubhouse Games get a sequel!

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's a mini. It's got quite a lot for a mini, even. Nintendo is obviously delaying some announcements for bigger first party amid Covid-19 outbreak

This is painfully obvious. And to make sure hype wasn't built up for it too much, they dropped it out of nowhere and put "Mini" in the title.

And yet...

I officially hate Nintendo now.
Are they just sitting on first party games?
This was the worst Nintendo direct in history. Literally ZERO new first party announcements.
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK???

Entitled gamer rage in full effect.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
For me that was an incredible direct.
Portable Bioshock, Boarderlands and Xcom2 is amazing.
Those Ring Fit updates fix literally the only issue I had with the game (not that easy to repeat levels just for jogging)
AND they added a rhythm minigame!
Bravely Default looks great, Ninjala looks amazing, Burnout paradise, STARWARS EPISODE 1 RACER

It was one after another.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
It would be nice to see them add in some extras.

And yeah, I can imagine a kid having some trouble with it.
Oh yeah, he can barely even move Mario around, but we could get by or I could pick him up and throw him. Once you get to the end of World 2 though, it just became a mess. But compared to 2D Mario, the early 3D Worlds are much much easier to play together. Game needs an update though, it has these completely useless Miiverse features that need to be redone and the whole stamps rewards built into everything, plus its multiplayer fills a role Odyssey does not.

Maybe not riveting, but Clubhouse Games is pretty damn awesome.

Completely agree. Seems a bit steep, but it looks like a mix of classic single player games, multiplayer games and some minigame ideas from Wii U Party.