• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
The bolded is the most damning point to me. Why on earth would they do a Direct mini when they could've easily stretched it into a full Direct with games that have already been announced but need some further marketing and detailing?

Because Nintendo knows that nobody gives a shit about mario sport games.

Yolkghost

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't it be better to not hype this up so that if it happens / gets announced we can actually speculate?

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Fire Emblem tweet guy is not reputabl enough yet to trust on such a big leak. Keep an eye out between Monday - Wednesday during the usual announcement times but that's it really, heh.

Deleted member 16576

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't it be better to not hype this up so that if it happens / gets announced we can actually speculate?

I mean, I think most of the hype thread was just for fun. Speculating is fun to. If people want to believe in their hearts there's a direct this week is that really a problem? I hope there's one, and if not, I'll live another day.

Yolkghost

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I think most of the hype thread was just for fun. Speculating is fun to. If people want to believe in their hearts there's a direct this week is that really a problem? I hope there's one, and if not, I'll live another day.
I'm not saying it's a problem I just feel the micro was a let down for people that overhyped it. Having the direct be a little bit of a surprise would make it better for everyone.

Deleted member 16576

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying it's a problem I just feel the micro was a let down for people that overhyped it. Having the direct be a little bit of a surprise would make it better for everyone.

I would agree with that sentiment. Unfortunately, try as anyone might, it's impossible to control anyone else's behavior or reaction to something on the internet other than our own :)

Still, wish people could be excited about the mini because there were cool games announced for sure! I love Mario Tennis. I also didn't own a Wii U, so all these ports have me stoked.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched the Direct Mini a few times now. It's really well-done, and I want to play everything in it except for SNK Heroines (and even then, I still appreciate the variety that game brings).

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I counted 15 or so announcements in 15 minutes, that's a full 45 minute direct from the Wii U era, with extended gameplay segments, people talking slowly and skits filling the time.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo guys, what's u-----
giphy.gif

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, we have until Friday till we know for sure.

Also, I wish they didn't disable the 'Top Poster's functionality :(

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...i find difficult that they will put up 2 directs in one month, it just doesn't make sense.
I only believe if its for a specfic announcement, like a important and single game.
But otherwise...not gonna happen

Nick Nehidnyk

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Look, is it reasonable to expect this big of a media outreach presence by Nintendo for January? Not really.

However, it's just as unreasonable to expect to sell 33,000,000 of these things by March of 2019. They don't need to drop bombshells now, but they're certainly coming at some point.

Arguably that's all the more reason to relax about it.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
And now people are overhyping themselves on a hypothetical Direct.

Had the Mini-Direct dropped on Thursday without expectation, people would have been fine with it. Instead people expected the Twitter/Reddit/4chan rumors to be true and thought they would see Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon Switch, Link's Awakening 3DS, etc.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017

Had the Mini-Direct dropped on Thursday without expectation, people would have been fine with it. Instead people expected the Twitter/Reddit/4chan rumors to be true and thought they would see Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon Switch, Link's Awakening 3DS, etc.
tbh, even if they did an unexpected shadow drop, people still would've been disappointed due to not many H2 games, no FE, or online, VC, etc. The NOA thing didn't alter that much in my opinion.

personally, I thought the direct was fine. If you add 20 seconds of footage to each game, that's a full direct in terms of content and length tbh.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still think the mini direct was fine and the reasons to expect another direct has nothing to do with feeling disappointed with it.

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is completely off topic, but I have no idea where it would be on topic, and this thread is active and could answer me quickly, so here it is.

How do you make a poll when creating a thread? Can we make our own on this forum, or is it reserved for mods again for some unknown reason? If we can, how do you do it on mobile?

Thanks.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
This is completely off topic, but I have no idea where it would be on topic, and this thread is active and could answer me quickly, so here it is.

How do you make a poll when creating a thread? Can we make our own on this forum, or is it reserved for mods again for some unknown reason? If we can, how do you do it on mobile?

Thanks.
You can make your own. After creating a thread, there's an option for the topic creator near the top of the page. :)

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Is that really true, though? People have been hyping the January direct since before December last year, and the mini they got was less than they anticipated, so I feel we would have seen many disappointed regardless of whether other leaks appeared or not.

People love to overreact to things not going as well as they had hoped, and a mini was never going to make them satisfied imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.