• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Hey guys. As the author of those peculiar Fire Emblem tweets from a few pages back, I'd like to step up and provide a follow-up to them here that should help temper expectations a little bit.

Yes, I've been hearing for a while that another Nintendo Direct is in fact happening later this week, but the new Fire Emblem apparently won't be featured there either. I know nothing of its exact contents, but I've learned that it won't the one to reveal Fire Emblem. It sounds like another small Nintendo Direct from my understanding, no idea how they'll announce it. A more feature-length Nintendo Direct is supposedly planned for sometime in February, and, in my opinion, that's probably when we may see Fire Emblem after all. Here's hoping, I'm really excited for it. At this point I'm not thinking there'll be another Fire Emblem Direct though, sadly.

Apologies for the commotion. I do actually hear things from time to time, but I also realize it's important to not give people false hope if I can help it, so that's why I'm here to clarify. I hope you guys can forgive me. Either way, I think we can all agree it'd be best to wait until Nintendo says something before we can get all excited again.

Well, shit. Thank you for sharing. You honestly seem incredibly genuine, so I think we all appreciate the clarification.
Are you hearing the 18th is the day of the Direct? If you can't answer, I totally understand.

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies for the commotion. I do actually hear things from time to time, but I also realize it's important to not give people false hope if I can help it, so that's why I'm here to clarify. I hope you guys can forgive me. Either way, I think we can all agree it'd be best to wait until Nintendo says something before we can get all excited again.
I can't believe Chrom himself for Fire Emblem told us this.

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Lmao love this post sequence

I can't stop laughing.

Hey guys. As the author of those peculiar Fire Emblem tweets from a few pages back, I'd like to step up and provide a follow-up to them here that should help temper expectations a little bit.

Yes, I've been hearing for a while that another Nintendo Direct is in fact happening later this week, but the new Fire Emblem apparently won't be featured there either. I know nothing of its exact contents, but I've learned that it won't be the one to reveal Fire Emblem. It sounds like another small Nintendo Direct from my understanding, no idea how they'll announce it. A more feature-length Nintendo Direct is supposedly planned for sometime in February, and, in my opinion, that's probably when we may see Fire Emblem after all. Here's hoping, I'm really excited for it. At this point I'm not thinking there'll be another Fire Emblem Direct though, sadly.

If we get a direct this week and a bigger direct with Yoshi, Dragon Quest XI, and Fire Emblem in February... holy shit. I can't say I expect that scenario, but if that came to fruition I think I would be the happiest person on this website. And it sucks that people take everything you say and run with it. I get that you're just trying to quell people's questions on your twitter, but what can you do. Thanks for stopping by to clarify!

Reading through the thread the guy says they will get a combination of 10 demos/videos on the 22nd. Could just be stuff from the 11th direct, unless I'm missing something

What your missing is the 18th direct, obviously.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...nstore_switch_demo_unit_just_received_a_huge/

Just remembered this as well, IF a Direct did happen this week, a big update at Gamestop a couple of days after would make total sense, depending on what's announced. People also have gone through his posts and have backed him up, he isn't making it up. May not mean anything at all, though. So it's anyone's guess. Not making any predictions, let's just wait and see.

Reading through the thread the guy says they will get a combination of 10 demos/videos on the 22nd. Could just be stuff from the 11th direct, unless I'm missing something

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

Yes, I've been hearing for a while that another Nintendo Direct is in fact happening later this week, but the new Fire Emblem apparently won't be featured there either. I know nothing of its exact contents, but I've learned that it won't be the one to reveal Fire Emblem. It sounds like another small Nintendo Direct from my understanding, no idea how they'll announce it. A more feature-length Nintendo Direct is supposedly planned for sometime in February, and, in my opinion, that's probably when we may see Fire Emblem after all. Here's hoping, I'm really excited for it. At this point I'm not thinking there'll be another Fire Emblem Direct though, sadly.

So you're hearing possible direct this week, but no fire emblem? I'm assuming you are in a position where you would get this sort of information

Chrom

Oct 26, 2017
Well, shit. Thank you for sharing. You honestly seem incredibly genuine, so I think we all appreciate the clarification.
Are you hearing the 18th is the day of the Direct? If you can't answer, I totally understand.
Yup, to be clear it's been my understanding that this Direct will be on Thursday the 18th. Was really sure it was supposed to be the next big one but unfortunately that doesn't seem like the case to me anymore.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I always had a key to the demo units and the reps told us how to bypass the demo program in case we ever had to do anything to the unit, at times they would just send us the update disks and let us do it ourselves instead of having a rep come out to do it. Not saying its not different now but it seems very similar to how it was before which is why I'm skeptical.

Okay thats fine and all but I hope no ones getting their hopes up for this. This direct wasn't just all low key announcements they had some reveals like Dark Souls and TWEWY which I would've expected in a normal direct, not a mini so I have a hard time believing after the wide range of months they covered and the games they announced that we'd be seeing another big direct so soon, unless its about a specific game or series like I stated with FE before but thats not what people are expecting.

Gotcha on the rep giving the codes to bypass etc. I could see that. Nintendo may be more on lockdown. Regardless though, they've also proven with the golf Iwata tribute that used to be in the system that they can program things to not work if the date is changed. So we'll see.

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Yup, to be clear it's been my understanding that this Direct will be on Thursday the 18th. Was really sure it was supposed to be the next big one but unfortunately that doesn't seem like the case to me anymore.

Again not to pry, but do you think it'll be a focused direct - as in on a certain game/series? Or just another mini?

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Nintendo's marketing has gone so guerilla that it will soon be revealed that in the Fire Emblem canon, Chrom traveled to the future to leak a Nintendo Direct.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I can't stop laughing.

If we get a direct this week and a bigger direct with Yoshi, Dragon Quest XI, and Fire Emblem in February... holy shit. I can't say I expect that scenario, but if that came to fruition I think I would be the happiest person on this website. And it sucks that people take everything you say and run with it. I get that you're just trying to quell people's questions on your twitter, but what can you do. Thanks for stopping by to clarify!

What your missing is the 18th direct, obviously.

I didn't see that, sorry

Chrom

Oct 26, 2017
Again not to pry, but do you think it'll be a focused direct - as in on a certain game/series? Or just another mini?
It does have a certain theme to it but as far as I know it's not about a particular type of game or series. Length-wise it's supposed to be really small but I don't know if it's formally a Mini Direct or not.

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
I didn't see that, sorry

That came off a douchey but I didn't mean it too whoops. It was supposed to be playful but I guess I forget that typing removes quite a bit of the nuance of speech.

It does have a certain theme to it but as far as I know it's not about a particular type of game or series. Length-wise it's supposed to be really small but I don't know if it's formally a Mini Direct or not.

Cool cool, thanks!

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
So do people get banned on this forum for spreading false rumors? Just wondering in case this turns out to be BS. Also have you talked to the admins about verifying your identity one way or another to back up these claims? I mean they did lock the post with your tweets after all so I remain extremely skeptical about what your saying here especially with how vague you are being.

Jan 13, 2018
If this upcoming direct is indeed a small one, it may mainly focus on 3DS titles slated for this year.
With that out of the way, Nintendo can use the the remaining time for the supposed direct in February to focus on:
  • Previously announced games (Yoshi, Octopath, etc.)
  • Big third party games (Wolfenstein 2, Dragon Quest XI, GTA V?, etc.)
  • Online Infrastructure

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
inb4 the Direct is focused on Switch Online, reveals Smash, Mario Maker and Animal Crossing to get people to buy the online.

obviously not but a man can dream.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017

I wonder if they are changing things around to give more time to announce details of paid online, VC, and cloud saves. A full direct will likely have to feature those types of things, and it would be interesting to see if they are going with the smaller ones to avoid any scrutiny about those questions.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm if it's not about any certain game sounds like it could just be focused on the online service / firmware and nothing else

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of weird if we're getting another small Direct this week. Would've made more sense to just combine the two into one big one, I would think.

EDIT: Unless it's about online stuff and not actual games.

Chrom

Oct 26, 2017
This is another Switch Direct right? Or is it a hybrid (heh) Switch + 3DS Direct or what? :P
Honestly can't say for sure since I don't know the exact contents of it. I would personally be very surprised if it didn't at least pertain to the Switch though, given it's the hot thing now.

Similar or smaller than the Mini we just had?
I heard smaller actually. That's why I want to emphasize it may not be a very big deal, so hyping it up doesn't feel all that appropriate. The Direct in February is the one you really want though!

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017

so youre saying there is a direct
start the train

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly if this supposed Direct (hell, let's call it a Micro Direct as they did that on June 1st, 2015) is even half as good as this one was, I'd be happy.

I don't need Animal Crossing/Fire Emblem/Pokemon (main)/Smash or anything of that caliber announced right now. Just give me more 3rd-party games, ports and ones we've been lacking news on, such as Tales of, Taiko, Story of Seasons, whatever the hell Codemasters and Spike Chunsoft are doing on it, etc.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly can't say for sure since I don't know the exact contents of it. I would personally be very surprised if it didn't at least pertain to the Switch though, given it's the hot thing now.

I heard smaller actually. That's why I want to emphasize it may not be a very big deal, so hyping it up doesn't feel all that appropriate. The Direct in February is the one you really want though!

Based on this...I'm guessing maybe it'll be a Nindie showcase, 3DS showcase, or mobile showcase. I'd be down for that. I'm surprised that we might get a big Direct in February, but honestly, there were a number of odd missing games in that last one, so I guess it makes sense.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hahahahaha! That's what they want you to think. Reset the clock guys n gals, it's happening!

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
If this is legit I could see it being an update on 3DS games, Zelda Touch, a weirdly short indie showcase or an update on their online that goes "Oops! Turns out online is hard. We're delaying our service to 2019. As a way to show you our apologies, all Splatoon owners will receive an exclusive Switch™ t-shirt for splatting on the go! Stay fresh!!"

I do still question why Nintendo would split Directs up like that, why not just a big single one?

I remember them saying they were thinking of retooling how they did directs a while back, maybe it's taken until now for them to get their new plan into action.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone familiar with Chrom's past in regards to leaks? If Chrom himself isn't comfortable telling us that is.

How you would know that it has a certain theme without knowing anything about what that theme is exactly is confusing to me.

I would also be way more excited if you contacted mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.