• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Whether or not Pokemon comes out this year has zero bearing on whether it's a big leap for the series or not.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
You guys remember these classic Nintendo hype gifs?

tenor.gif

83932aeefeca308d7d52eb1ad61e04bb.gif

OP
OP
Kevin360

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is moving too fast for this OP to handle...

AND THESE THREAD TITLE CHANGES WITHOUT CONSENT!

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
They literally announced a character on Inside Xbox just last week. It's not impossible at all for them to show a new character. They might not even highlight it. Something like Kotal Kahn just being in the footage that's shown
I mean, that's Inside Xbox.

All we know is that we're getting a female character announcement which I'm thinking is Kitana or Jade. I highly doubt they're going to blow their big reveal before the actual Kombat Kast instead of announcing what they need to announce on the same day. Exactly what happened with Kabal and D'Vorah with Kombat Kast and Inside Xbox airing at the same time.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
September for AC is good (for me at least.) I was planning to save it for the Holidays anyway.

Edit: And I'm guessing Nintendo is like "this way we get 1) launch day sales, 2) Black Friday sales, 3) Christmas sales (assuming the rumor is true.)

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
42609884-6444-462-D-9-ECA-546-AF0181012.jpg

Oh my god, I just realised we are all like Cartman in that double Southpark Story where he is desperate for the Wii in this thread aren't we?

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
I have a bunch of stuff to do but I just am unable to leave this thread. I'll never graduate at this rate.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Rakeesh for Smash would probably make me just have some sort of seizure. Like literally Nintendo recognizing Sierra like that would be immensely stupid businesswise but also simply the best thing ever. This will now forever be my goal in life, to get Rakeesh into Smash.

I'd probably assume I was having a stroke. Or otherwise hallucinating.

But if I had to pick a QFG rep I'd go one of the female characters, since I generally think they're better than the rest in that series. Katrina would be the best, then maybe Elsa or Uhura. Kreesha could be interesting too.

12 year old me would pick the Rusalka without hesitation though

8 and DD are the best Mario Karts, Wii is the worst. Fight me.

You're correct though. I'd even put DD above 8. So easy to dodge Spikes in the train kart.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Look at how the Pokémon series has evolved over the past decade(s)

Look at how these titles are performing commercially

And then ask yourself: would Game Freak really throw out their way of doing things in order to appeal to vocal older fans who are asking them to basically re-define the series from the ground up? Would such a paradigm shift make sense for a series like Pokémon, an IP with a large target demographic? Right now?

Don't get me wrong: I too love to imagine how certain games might end up after major changes in design and production, but in the case of Pokémon, this whole idea of a "BOTW Pokémon" is just not realistic in my opinion and considering I see this sentiment more and more, I think it's time to get realistic again. And no, this is not me commenting on Gen 8 in any shape or form - I do have not a single clue of what that game will be even though I expect it to be a clear step up from the LG games

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Mkwii is so much better than 64, it's not even close. It modernized the series. It does have a lot of issues, but 64 is like playing kart pinball.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
It's delayed so they can add a battle royale mode
You jest.

But Pokémon Battle Royale would top Twitch views for any game ever created. It would generate millions of revenue every single hour.
Seriously. All one hundred Charizards (because why would you play anything else?) flying majestically around the island burning the shit out of each other.

Pokémon Battle Royale would be the most played game of all eternity.

edit: I would also occasionally play Squirtle, just for the kicks.

OH! Evolutions in match. Everyone starts as scrawny little Pokémons and then evolves into their better forms with items and shit.

OH I WANT THIS NOW!

Bizu

Oct 26, 2017
São Paulo - BR

And then ask yourself: would Game Freak really throw out their way of doing things in order to appeal to vocal older fans who are asking them to basically re-define the series from the ground up? Would such a paradigm shift make sense for a series like Pokémon, an IP with a large target demographic? Right now?

Don't get me wrong: I too love to imagine how certain games might end up after major changes in design and production, but in the case of Pokémon, this whole idea of a "BOTW Pokémon" is just not realistic in my opinion and considering I see this sentiment more and more, I think it's time to get realistic again. And no, this is not me commenting on Gen 8 in any shape or form - I do have not a single clue of what that game will be even though I expect it to be a clear step up from the LG games

People here need this true words.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

Screenshotted. BOTW Pokemon is inevitable lol

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
They announced a new character during Microsoft's stream last week. D'vorah I believe.
Read my other post, Inside Xbox and Kombat Kast were on the same day airing at the same time.

Ain't no way in hell we get a character reveal before Thursday's Kombat Kast but I'm free to eat crow if it does happen.

If it does, give us Sindel or Jade please.

Status
Not open for further replies.