• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Even Luigi's Mansion 3 will outsell Fire Emblem Three Houses.

I wanna see how good the games are before making big claims. Likely you'll be right, but FE looks like they're stepping up their game quite a bit. The jump to Switch could broaden the appeal. LM3 on the other hand looks not terribly different from LM1-2.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
People really like to overestimate how well FE sells, for some reason. It's a healthy enough franchise and sells a heck of a lot better than it once did, but it's still not anywhere near Nintendo's big guns. AC will run laps around it in sales.

Like most of my problems in life, I blame it on the gacha game and the abundant amount of Fire Emblem characters in Smash Bros.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
God tier — Paper Zelda

High Tier — Mother Maker

Mid Tier — Kirby Mystery Dungeon

Low Tier — F-Zero Kart

F - - tier — Fire Emblem Amiibo Festival

Paper Zelda raises a good point - 2D Zelda probably(?) doesn't have as many strong opinions on its visual style other than being top down. It's wide open for some change without huge backlash.

ALBW was great but it was kind of plain - a very vanilla 3D adaptation of LTTP. Hopefully they've done some experimenting there

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
giphy.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I wanna see how good the games are before making big claims. Likely you'll be right, but FE looks like they're stepping up their game quite a bit. The jump to Switch could broaden the appeal. LM3 on the other hand looks not terribly different from LM1-2.
Luigi's Mansion 2 sold over 5 million on 3DS. It will sell even more on Switch. I don't think we need to have the conversation about Nintendo's series growing on Switch.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
Do you expect the direct announcement to include some confirmation that a certain game will appear? For example, in the March direct the announcement said that there would be more info on Mario Tennis Aces. Do you think they may do that with Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 3, or Animal Crossing or just make us wait to see what could be shown?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Do you expect the direct announcement to include some confirmation that a certain game will appear? For example, in the March direct the announcement said that there would be more info on Mario Tennis Aces. Do you think they may do that with Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 3, or Animal Crossing or just make us wait to see what could be shown?
I'm expecting the tweet to explicitly mention Fire Emblem for certain and maybe Animal Crossing

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Screw it. I can't read 148 pages of info lol. I'm just gonna join in here and participate without having any clue on what's going on lol.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
FE and LM I wouldn't be surprised by, AC I would though. Given they only gave us a teaser announcement I would imagine they'd want a full reveal to be much more of a surprise.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
We haven't even seen Pokémon 2019 yet and somehow some people here guarantee you it will 100% outsell Smash? I mean, for all we know Pokémon 2019 may not be able to beat Gold & Silver, whereas we've seen Ultimate's performance and it's going to crush Gold & Silver.
Same for Animal Crossing.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
FE and LM I wouldn't be surprised by, AC I would though. Given they only gave us a teaser announcement I would imagine they'd want a full reveal to be much more of a surprise.
Well, I see what you mean, but Smash was a teaser at the end of the March direct and they acknowledged that it would be shown at the E3 direct.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I hope we will see either Star Fox GP or a new IP with the same level as development as ARMS ane Splatoon.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Probably Fire Emblem; it would be weird to see the tweet mention "Animal Crossing (Tentative Title)".

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
We haven't even seen Pokémon 2019 yet and somehow some people here guarantee you it will 100% outsell Smash? I mean, for all we know Pokémon 2019 may not be able to beat Gold & Silver, whereas we've seen Ultimate's performance and it's going to crush Gold & Silver.
Same for Animal Crossing.
Ultimate's performance is due to the software selling power of the Switch. You can't just say Ultimate will outsell Gen 8 when the previous best selling Smash didn't even outsell ORAS which is a remake (and on the 3DS as opposed to the Wii)

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Well, I see what you mean, but Smash was a teaser at the end of the March direct and they acknowledged that it would be shown at the E3 direct.
Yeah, but they really didn't have anything else big to show at E3. This Direct has a lot of good content it could include and AC as much as I hope it comes out in early Summer may be set for a Fall release.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
And? There's still a decent chance Smash doe outsell gen 8. Being the fastest selling Nintendo game ever is nothing to sneeze at. Not saying it will happen, but saying so without doubt is being foolish.
Ultimate isn't Nintendo's fastest selling game ever. Sun and Moon is

Status
Not open for further replies.