• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Y'all, 13 isn't referring to February 13th. It's referring to the 13th month, Smarch. We will see the direct in Smarch while we huddle up inside due to the lousy Smarch weather.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo

All of the game ported from the WiiU to the Switch have so far not received a sequel (we are about 1/3 through the life of the console), and the only for which we know for sure that a sequel is coming is Bayonetta, of which we haven't seen even a screenshot, and for which the release date is still unknown (unlikely for 2019). You probably ain't playing Pikmin 4 before a looooooooong time.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
OH YEAH!

ALL HAIL PIKMIN!

giphy.gif
Would've preferred 4, which I'm sure is gonna be a sublime evolution of the series, right off the bat.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Which of these games are you guys most anticipating to see?

-Fire Emblem Three Houses (in depth)
-Animal Crossing
-Super Mario Maker 2
-2D Zelda
-Pokemon Gen 8

Sky Walker

Oct 25, 2017
There are a bunch of announcements coming this year but am not sure when.
Including Pikmin 3, Maker 2, Boxboy, and of course the 2D Zelda and Pokemon.

MPT probably will be at the Direct.
Pikmin 3 ?
I always remember when Nin said new Pikmin is almost finished couple years ago. Were they referring to the 3DS spin-off? If not, I wonder what happened since then.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I need a Mario Maker in my veins. I didn't bought the Wii U one thinking that the Switch will get receive a port at launch, and all this waiting has turned me into an empty shell of the man that I was years ago.
/s

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK

-Animal Crossing
-Super Mario Maker 2
-2D Zelda
-Pokemon Gen 8

Arghhhh it's Retro or nothing for me!!

Haha only joking, well... a little anyway. I'd say 2D Zelda, but its close. They're all on my shopping list, and they all have great potential.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Where is all this speculation about a new Top Down Zelda game coming from? I know it's a general pattern for them to switch back and forth between Third Person and Top Down games, but is there any concrete information pointing towards this?

I was personally hoping for a Majora situation where they use the assets from Breath of the Wild and make a (relatively) quick sequel.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
So this Direct could be a lil big, now obviously Nintendo wouldn't reveal everything in Feb, but a potential list of this:
2D Zelda
Mario Maker 2
Pikmin 3
BoxBoy Collection
FFVII Shadowdropped
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Joker Gameplay + Erdrick Reveal
and a Pokemon Direct with a Gen 8 reveal on Pokemon Day sounds like a great month for Nintendo news despite no 1st party game
(There's a lot more to play anyways like Wargroove!)

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

-Animal Crossing
-Super Mario Maker 2
-2D Zelda
-Pokemon Gen 8
For me it's 2D Zelda, although that's partly because I don't expect to see Gen 8 yet.

I'd be excited just for a shadow dropped FF7 release tbh. That advert makes me think it's coming really soon.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
13 is your lucky number..... and am out
YEEEES. Wednesday Direct is gold, that extra 24H saved from waiting is definitely making my day. This is gonna be one for the books, I can feel it
There are a bunch of announcements coming this year but am not sure when.
Including Pikmin 3, Maker 2, Boxboy, and of course the 2D Zelda and Pokemon.

MPT probably will be at the Direct.
Holy fuck, 2019 is gonna be the GOAT year with those games on top of Nintendo's already announced titles and a revision. Sales momentum will go into hyperdrive.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
King Zell kindly uses spoiler tags and then everyone starts blasting out all the titles with no regard, lol.

ghostship

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pikmin 3 ?
I always remember when Nin said new Pikmin is almost finished couple years ago. Were they referring to the 3DS spin-off? If not, I wonder what happened since then.

It wasn't a referral to the spin-off, unless we choose to believe that when they said in June 2017 "development is progressing" and "Pikmin 4 is in development but that is all we can confirm at present" they were referring to a game that had, at that point, long been fully revealed and was due to launch in a month's time.

We just have to accept that Miyamoto seems to enjoy doing this with Pikmin, like announcing 3 in 2008. I've half a mind it's how he blackmails Nintendo into making each entry - "I've announced it now, you've got to greenlight it".

Jan 9, 2018

-Animal Crossing
-Super Mario Maker 2
-2D Zelda
-Pokemon Gen 8

Pokemon is most hype, but I don't think we'll see it for maybe another couple weeks. I was hoping it'd be revealed in early Feb., but I guess I'll hope for late Feb.

2D Zelda is the most interesting game to me, as a BotW fan. I never really cared about Zelda before that, so I'm certainly interested to see what a more traditional Zelda is like and if it'll be my kinda game. With it being HD and obviously on the Switch, a lot of little things that might've made me back off have already been taken care of.

So that leaves FE, Three Houses is the only game I know for sure that I want to actually buy. In that way, it's the only one I have, like, concrete hype for. So that means it's the one I'm actually anticipating the most right now.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
So this Direct could be a lil big, now obviously Nintendo wouldn't reveal everything in Feb, but a potential list of this:
2D Zelda
Mario Maker 2
Pikmin 3
BoxBoy Collection
FFVII Shadowdropped
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
Fire Emblem Three Houses
and a Pokemon Direct with a Gen 8 reveal on Pokemon Day sounds like a great month for Nintendo news despite no 1st party game

I think by far the most likely things we'll see will be a shadow drop for FF7 and the announcement of a Square Enix DLC character for Smash.

I know most people have concluded it's Erdrick (and I would not mind seeing him in his Kid Goku esque appearance, really don't like the more adult style artwork for him) but I think people are underestimating the possibilty of a different Dragon Quest rep or possibly even something completely insane like Sora.

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017

-Animal Crossing
-Super Mario Maker 2
-2D Zelda
-Pokemon Gen 8

Pokemon > 2D Zelda > Super Mario Maker 2 > Animal Crossing > Fire Emblem

Now if your list also included Luigi's Mansion 3, Pikmin 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

LM3 > Pokemon > 2D Zelda > MUA 3 > Pikmin 3 > Super Mario Maker 2 > Animal Crossing > Fire Emblem

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018

-Animal Crossing
-Super Mario Maker 2
-2D Zelda
-Pokemon Gen 8

I'm hesitant on Pokemon because I feel like if the rumors are true about them releasing a pure handheld Switch, Gamefreak will have an excuse to make the new one made for handhelds again like with Let's Go. I want it to be a big console experience! Let's Go was good but only really on the go, felt horrible playing it on my tv.

Fire Emblem also looks dope, and I think had been at least partially dubbed over a year ago or whenever they showed off that initial trailer!

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pikmin 3 port? Heck yeah. That'll just leave Super Mario 3D World, Xenoblade Chronicles X and the 2 HD Zelda GC games as far as I'm concerned for the Wii U library (also assuming here that Mario Maker 2 is a thing which is almost certainly is). I know people also like TW101, TMS and Paper Mario Colour Splash but I ain't got round to playing them and don't think they're as important to Nintendo either. Would've hoped for SM3DW or XCX before Pikmin 3 but I'm still excited for it- especially if it's fleshed out even a little with maybe online bingo battle..?

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
2D Zelda
Mario Maker 2
Pikmin 3
BoxBoy Collection
FFVII Shadowdropped
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
Fire Emblem Three Houses

There's a few more to add to that list...! (What a ridiculously good year this is going to be!)

Daemon X Machina (has always felt like a H1 title to me, but we will see)
MUA3 (could have an update as we are nearing the next Marvel movie)
Retro Studios game (could be E3, but equally could be locked and ready to go sooner)
Platinums new game (depends what it is, could be E3)
Bayonetta 3 (I still believe 2020, but we really don't know? Could still be given an update of some kind)
Town (Never forget to add this to any list about anything. People get crazy.)
Assassins Creed 3 Remake (they just announced other platforms, maybe Switch announce was held back for this?)

ghostship

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where is all this speculation about a new Top Down Zelda game coming from? I know it's a general pattern for them to switch back and forth between Third Person and Top Down games, but is there any concrete information pointing towards this?

I was personally hoping for a Majora situation where they use the assets from Breath of the Wild and make a (relatively) quick sequel.

The rumour of a 2D Zelda comes from King Zell (and hinted at by Emily, I believe). You can find the specific post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.