• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Not many seem to be predicting anything from Platinum in the upcoming Direct. I guess I'd better keep my hopes down, then.

I was gonna say... there's a disturbing lack of Bayonetta 3 in this thread. Did people assume it's coming in 2020 or something? I personally believe (and want!) a trailer, and I think it's likely given that Bayo 2 got its first gameplay trailer and release window on gasp, a February 13th Direct back in 2014.

Edit: Correction, first gameplay was actually shown at E3 2013, my bad.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do you really think they will port Bravely Default? I can see the third one coming due to all the teases but ports of the first two don't sound realistic. They would look amazing in HD but I don't see it happening.

From Square I see the following:
Secret of Mana collection
Bravely Third
DQ11
DQ ports
DQB2
FF7 shadow drop.
I wouldn't put it past Square to give us Bravely 1/2 HD. They're currently operating under the PETS initiative.

(Port Everything To Switch).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I expect it to appear provided that if it is a 2019 release.
I used to predict Bayonetta 3 all the time. Emily kind of pulled me away and Ehoavash pulled me away when they hinted to watch out for Platinum this year and Ehoavash specifically saying Kamiya has a new IP coming for Switch.

I can't think that Platinum will release Bayonetta 3 and a new IP in the same year for Switch.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I was gonna say... there's a disturbing lack of Bayonetta 3 in this thread. Did people assume it's coming in 2020 or something? I personally believe (and want!) a trailer, and I think it's likely given that Bayo 2 got its first gameplay trailer and release window on gasp, a Febuary 13th Direct back in 2014.

That seems like a coincidence, to me.

Again, I'm expecting this to be pretty clearly a 1H 2019 Direct. If Bayonetta is 2019, which is a big if, I don't think it's coming in the first half.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
I used to predict Bayonetta 3 all the time. Emily kind of pulled me away and Ehoavash pulled me away when they hinted to watch out for Platinum this year and Ehoavash specifically saying Kamiya has a new IP coming for Switch.

I can't think that Platinum will release Bayonetta 3 and a new IP in the same year for Switch.
I would say the new IP is going to announced in second half of 2019, and Bayonetta will be released within the year. I am being hopeful, of course.
All I want is Fire Emblem in March.

and a Persona 5 port
Fire Emblem won't come in March and we will not hear anything about Persona 5 (if there is a Switch port) until March.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Emilys new blog post.

https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2019/02/10/sunday-thoughts-2-10-19/

The Labo part is interesting.

I'm predicting Labo to return with a fourth kit as early as this spring (April). I also think the new kit's name (and gimmick) might surprise some people too.

I have consistently teased that Switch owners should "keep an eye on PlatinumGames in 2019". Believe me when I say that Bayonetta 3 isn't Platinum's only Switch-developed project.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
That seems like a coincidence, to me.

Again, I'm expecting this to be pretty clearly a 1H 2019 Direct. If Bayonetta is 2019, which is a big if, I don't think it's coming in the first half.

The timing seems about right for a new trailer though, coincidence or not. I also don't think it's releasing in the first half, but it could be a "it's coming later this year" type of announcement at the end of the direct. I think if it's a 2019 game it's better to start showing it off now rather than E3, since it's still a niche game and needs all the exposure it can get.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of Platinum people seem to be expecting that if they're working on another Switch game it's a Nintendo publisher affair but I wouldn't be surprised if its their self published title and they're hitting every platform.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Labo Kit 4 "Gun" was planned for early march when I made my comment on it, but there was always the possibility of a delay mentionned.

Xenoblade 3

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Fire Emblem is not coming in March. Please set your expectation for that.
Fire Emblem won't come in March and we will not hear anything about Persona 5 (if there is a Switch port) until March.
You'd better start wanting something else, then.
I hope you like Yoshi's Crafted World.
Lmao

it's probably coming in the summer but, I choose to believe in the 1% chance

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
From Emily's blog post:
It's fascinating to see how many PlayStation 2 titles are winding up on Switch. To name a few: Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XII, Okami, Onimusha Warlords, Resident Evil 4, Katamari Damacy, Grandia II, The King of Fighters 2000 and 2001.

Seriously, Switch's library is slowly building up a lineup of PS2's greatest third party hits.

Should we expect even more third party PlayStation 2 remastered titles jumping over to Switch in the future? Yes, I think that's a safe bet. Bringing older PS2 titles to Switch doesn't require a substantial amount of effort, and these games have never appeared on Nintendo systems before, which makes them easy profit for third party publishers.
Oh my. Let's begin with God Hand and Shadow Hearts, and then moves on to all Atlus games like Digital Devil Saga.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Labo x Duck Hunt there we go!

Yeah, Labo Duck Hunt feels like a lock, in a weird way.

Makes sense to bring Nintendo IP into it to try to boost interest.

Labo feels like a GW thing but that doesn't mean that no other game could come out in April. Labo isnt that big, and it's hard for me to imagine a significant overlap between Labo and, say, Fire Emblem.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
In general,
I wonder how we went from thinking Xenoblade 2 would be eternally delayed
to
thinking Monoliftsoft basically has another game ready after releasing 40 hour DLC just last year.

It'd be nice of course. But I'm not expecting it

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Emily mentions PS2 titles returning to the Switch: I've specifically heard that DMCHD trilogy was currently being ported to the Switch, so there's that at least.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at how fast the Switch is overtaking the PS4 in Japan, it's clear to me that a Kingdom Hearts III port is a when, not an if. It's be nice to get the older games first, of course.
Switch 2 is the when I guess, because I seriously don't seem them making that work on the current hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.