• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a reason Retro Studios has been so quiet in Twitter. After the Metroid Prime 4 announcement of Retro taking over I'd think they would've taken to Twitter to announce how happy they are to have the franchise back.

When Tropical Freeze was announced and rereleased they pumped it up on Twitter and "liked" posts related to it. They did nothing for Metroid Prime 4 on Twitter. I think it's because they have a plan already to reveal their current game and promote that before delving into MP4 on Twitter.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
That's why I think it's happening. Whatever 3DS announcement is there is going to make Switch owners mad. (Could be Sunshine 3D as well, but my personal bias prefers SM64)
It would rather have it be Sunshine, because I don't care about it as much. Super Mario 64 HD is one of my dream games.

I'd even sacrifice TTYD to the 3DS for the sake of my dream.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It would rather have it be Sunshine, because I don't care about it as much. Super Mario 64 HD is one of my dream games.

A sunshine remake/remaster is already hard to make happen because of pressure triggers, so it being on the 3ds would make even less sense.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

That's also sound logic. I've given up hope on Super Mario 64 HD, though, so I wouldn't mind 3DS SM64. At least it would be better than playing SM64 with a d-pad. That extra content on the DS version deserves better. SM64 HD would be ideal, though. (In hindsight, maybe Super Mario Sunshine 3D is more plausible. SM64 already has a DS demake.)

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Thread Whining
I never thought I'd use the ignore thread option. Glad it exists. I'm tired of seeing this thread and thinking there's a direct coming.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I've really missed Directs, I need a massive one filled with lots of hype.

I really hope we'll get a new Zelda this year, even though I have yet to finish BotW.
Would also be nice if they'd announce Dragon Quest Builders 2 for the West. We've heard it's coming, now we need to have it "official".
Also some foolish dreams for FE Three Houses:
- Branched routes in a single package
- New/returning objectives, such as: rescue npc(s), escape the map, defeat certain units, recruit character, capture (but don't kill) unit(s), destroy enemy morale.
- On the above: reintroduce rescue command, like in older games. Introduce capturing enemy units, have certain items/weapons made for this command. Introduce 'morale' mechanic. Assign characters as commanders/vital pillar for a chapter, they get boosted stats when close to allies and allies get boosted stats if the commander takes objectives or kills alot. Have the same for the enemy, and if the commander is killed/captured, enemy morale will decrease. Decrease it to a certain level to inflict debuffs on enemy.
- No marriage/children, unless it actually makes sense story and gameplay wise.
- Add resources for crafting/forging. Craft items that units can hold for bonuses such as: item that decreases fire magic damage, item that negates forest movement penalty for certain unit types etc. Forging weapons will require ore and other resources and you can add bonuses to weapons such as: bonus damage vs cavalry, brave weapon effect, etc.
- Allow for weapon repairment. Higher rarity weapons (B or A+) can be repaired if they (almost) break. They will need resources, and this will help players avoid micromanaging good weapons.
- Add bonus maps for resource gathering. Has enemy units, but doesn't reward exp on certain difficulty levels.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I've opened the thread before today so it didn't open at the OP for me to read.

And really? A direct this week? So why didn't that get a thread? That's actual news. Not whatever this weird thing is.
Not official confirmation, but most insiders are jumping aboard the February 13 Direct train, so there's a very high chance it's legit.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
So, anyone else hoping/thinking the SNES games lying in the NSO app will be unleashed on the day of the direct, or at least announced for March/April? I'm really, REALLY hoping they will since NSO is drying up and SNES would give it a big boost that may also help the bad reception of the service (To an extent)

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017

And really? A direct this week? So why didn't that get a thread? That's actual news. Not whatever this weird thing is.

You've opened and entered a speculation/rumour thread just to complain it exists. Block it and move on.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
So, anyone else hoping/thinking the SNES games lying in the NSO app will be unleashed on the day of the direct, or at least announced for March/April? I'm really, REALLY hoping they will since NSO is drying up and SNES would give it a big boost that may also help the bad reception of the service (To an extent)
I'm expecting it for september 2019.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Maybe? I think they'll be announced in the Direct, but not necessarily released. It really depends on if the Direct airs before or after the NES games go up (since it's on the same day).

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if there's anything that'll surprise us or if we've kinda put it together based on rumors and stuff

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Have to give them credit for keeping things grounded. The list isn't real but they did a good job keeping things realistic, using rumors as a base, and keeping things believable.
I mean, they included every game that Zell mentioned in a single Direct, plus stuff like a shadowdrop for SNES games. That doesn't sound realistic to me...

unless you think it is.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Have to give them credit for keeping things grounded. The list isn't real but they did a good job keeping things realistic, using rumors as a base, and keeping things believable.
So you think you've already got a good idea of what's in the Direct, or you basically know it? Just hoping we don't get the beans spilled entirely before the Direct hits.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I mean, they included every game that Zell mentioned in a single Direct, plus stuff like a shadowdrop for SNES games. That doesn't sound realistic to me...

unless you think it is.
Those aspects aren't, but they didn't invent some crazy game like GTA6 being Switch exclusive or anything. They basically took information going around (even the misinformation spread of Zell's info) and compiled it in a list. The person responsible for the list at least pays attention to recent events.

So you think you've already got a good idea of what's in the Direct, or you basically know it? Just hoping we don't get the beans spilled entirely before the Direct hits.

I don't know the full contents of it or really much about it at all.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've legitimately have had dreams about a Super Mario Galaxy HD collection being announced. And then I always wake back up into cold, bitter reality.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering if there's anything that'll surprise us or if we've kinda put it together based on rumors and stuff
There will be surprises. Even with rumors something like Retro's game will be great regardless if we know it's Star Fox GP. We don't know what the game will look like and how grand the scope might be.

Pedrix

Feb 20, 2018
Montreal - QC, Canada
Also some foolish dreams for FE Three Houses:
- Branched routes in a single package
- New/returning objectives, such as: rescue npc(s), escape the map, defeat certain units, recruit character, capture (but don't kill) unit(s), destroy enemy morale.
- On the above: reintroduce rescue command, like in older games. Introduce capturing enemy units, have certain items/weapons made for this command. Introduce 'morale' mechanic. Assign characters as commanders/vital pillar for a chapter, they get boosted stats when close to allies and allies get boosted stats if the commander takes objectives or kills alot. Have the same for the enemy, and if the commander is killed/captured, enemy morale will decrease. Decrease it to a certain level to inflict debuffs on enemy.
- No marriage/children, unless it actually makes sense story and gameplay wise.
- Add resources for crafting/forging. Craft items that units can hold for bonuses such as: item that decreases fire magic damage, item that negates forest movement penalty for certain unit types etc. Forging weapons will require ore and other resources and you can add bonuses to weapons such as: bonus damage vs cavalry, brave weapon effect, etc.
- Allow for weapon repairment. Higher rarity weapons (B or A+) can be repaired if they (almost) break. They will need resources, and this will help players avoid micromanaging good weapons.
- Add bonus maps for resource gathering. Has enemy units, but doesn't reward exp on certain difficulty levels.

Nintendo, hire this guy

jahasaja

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden

You mean this ray of light? You mean this lifeboat on a stormy sea? You mean this oasis in the endless desert?

Is that what you mean?

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Dearest Capcom,

It's time to see Ace Attorney 7 holy shit

Regards, Grapezard.

The trilogy HD release is coming out in a few weeks in Japan and sometime in the next few months abroad. If they're going to announce AA7 in the spring, I would expect it in April either during or around the upcoming AA concert in Japan.

I'd gladly be wrong, though. DGS1 did get announced (albeit with no details other than "a new AA") in a random Direct.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
There will be surprises. Even with rumors something like Retro's game will be great regardless if we know it's Star Fox GP. We don't know what the game will look like and how grand the scope might be.
There are always surprises, I wouldn't worry about it.
I mean I'm fine if it's just stuff we know, there's a LOT of stuff we know that can be talked about that hasn't been. That's why I'm wondering how the hell they'll squeeze surprises in 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.