• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
This thread suddenly exploded and I'm sure I missed something.

Multiple reasons to believe a Pokemon announcement is coming soon:
-Pixelpar (Let's Go leaker) possibly teasing news soon
-Treehouse Q&A at Nintendo World Store that they're flying out staff for on Pokemon Day
-They're making a giant Furret Plush and holy shit Furret is canonically taller than Charizard

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
they can VERY easily ignore okamiden for a sequel
i'd still love it if they first remastered okamiden for modern platforms. chibiterasu deserves more love.

The biggest barrier the game has is it needs much more work than just remastering. Stuff like Shinshuu field being split in to multiple parts due to the limitations of being a DS game would be silly to bring over to any modern system getting the game.
The producer has said that, because the Wii U version was such a failure, they do not want to ever put Yakuza on Nintendo consoles again.

Ah, the EA gambit. A late port (the HD collection was already on PS3) to a dead system (yay wii u), while being confused as to why it wouldn't sell gangbusters.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Just a reminder that most mainline Pokemon games are announced/revealed early on in the year to allow for a large marketing cycle, physical paraphernalia, TV, movies, etc.

Sun/Moon were revealed on February 26.
X/Y on January 8.
Black 2/White 2 on February 26.
Black and White on January 29.

Don't have time to look up the rest.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The biggest barrier the game has is it needs much more work than just remastering. Stuff like Shinshuu field being split in to multiple parts due to the limitations of being a DS game would be silly to bring over to any modern system getting the game.
they can make it one big connected area again, as well as reuse a lot of assets from the 1st game. it won't be an easy uprez port, but i don't think it would be a particularly difficult project.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Pokemon being delayed would be like Call of Duty or Fifa being delayed, it's just not a possibility unless something drastically bad happens. Those kinds of games are planned and supervised to an insane degree.

So I've seen some bingo boards and they looked boring, content-wise. Screw graphics, gameplay is king.
How are you supposed to play this newfangled Bingo Tetris?

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
I learned a couple of things today:
- Mother 3 is apparantly racist.
- Will Smith is playing the Geni in Alladin (WHY?).
- Some posters here post too much.
- and some post too little.
- Also, people really like Pikmin.

Looking forward to learning more things tomorrow!

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Multiple reasons to believe a Pokemon announcement is coming soon:
-Pixelpar (Let's Go leaker) possibly teasing news soon
-Treehouse Q&A at Nintendo World Store that they're flying out staff for on Pokemon Day
-They're making a giant Furret Plush and holy shit Furret is canonically taller than Charizard
To be fair, for Pokémon like Furret, Ekans, Arbok, Rayquaza etc., they're measured top to tail so it's not like a Furret on all fours would be 1.8m and even longer. It means it's 1.8m long

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017

This guy, probably unknow to you, I've been following his twitter and he was correct about the Let's go games before they were announced, he has credible sources.

Abeit it's a prediction, may hold some merit or not, but i'm inclined to agree that a gen 8 first reveal in the Nintendo direct and more info on Pokemon day does seem logical.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This guy, probably unknow to you, I've been following his twitter and he was correct about the Let's go games before they were announced, he has credible sources.

Abeit it's a prediction, may hold some merit or not, but i'm inclined to agree that a gen 8 first reveal in the Nintendo direct and more info on Pokemon day does seem logical.

Pokemon announced during a general Direct, lul

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I hear it...something big is coming...
tumblr_nrggor5vd41r7sijxo1_500.gif
IT HIM

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
they just made an HD version and published it on every platform under the sun, it would really suck if 2 is an exclusive. i'd still play it, but it'd rather it not being tarnished by bitterness and anger from all the people who played 1 but want 2 on a different platform.

Don't worry if Capcom ever make a sequel they'll make sure it's released on all the major platforms; PlayStation, Xbox and PC!

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
Well we could still see him next week on here that doesn't mean anything

You could see me next week too

It was the inmediatly next post after the one with "13 is our lucky numbre". It was a hint. Besides, today he wrote how quick everyone started to doubt about his sayings about the Direct. But anyway, all we can do is wait and see.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry if Capcom ever make a sequel they'll make sure it's released on all the major platforms; PlayStation, Xbox and PC!
i guess i'm too nice and selfless, because i prefer that to it being switch exclusive since more people will get to play it :) i'll borrow my brother's gaming laptop to play it i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.