• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope what we get won't end up like this.

giphy.gif
can we PUH-LEASE not make blue will smith a thing in nintendo threads?

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, usually Nintendo delayed games (BotW to use a recent example) end up being really good... The non-delayed games tend to be good too, but I really want Pokémon to change into something new and exciting.
For all purposes Pokemon 8 is "delayed" in that it has had a, what, three year development cycle of full development? Rather than coming out last year, it comes out this year.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
here's what happens, someone has a random thought about something, and then people talk about it for pages as if there's any hint or evidence pointing to it
what's with the pokemon delay talk?

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
persona
DQ
and the last two?
leisure suit larry and peggle are my guesses
Persona, The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, The Elder Scrolls, Mario Kart

This makes sense. I only hope it's another Gold/Silver moment for me.
It will be really fulfilling, I have full faith in this generation of Pokemon like I haven't had since Gen 4. This will be a third renaissance for Pokemon.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so things that are definitely likely for the Direct:

- Assassin's Creed III Remaster
- Final Fantasy VII releasing during the Direct
- Spyro Trilogy
- MPT
- Animal Crossing new info
- Something something Pokémon (maybe info on a new game, mainline game or about the Pokémon Direct)
- Fire Emblem new info

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Well, usually Nintendo delayed games (BotW to use a recent example) end up being really good... The non-delayed games tend to be good too, but I really want Pokémon to change into something new and exciting.
Why would a delay mean Pokemon's getting changed up, though? It could also mean development went bad and they need to reboot the project like Prime 4.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would a delay mean Pokemon's getting changed up, though? It could also mean development went bad and they need to reboot the project like Prime 4.
It's delayed so they can add a battle royale mode

- Spyro Trilogy
- MPT
- Something something Pokémon (maybe info on a new game, mainline game or about the Pokémon Direct)
- Fire Emblem new info
Definitely Fire Emblem

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For all purposes Pokemon 8 is "delayed" in that it has had a, what, three year development cycle of full development? Rather than coming out last year, it comes out this year.
Why would Gen 8 come out last year anyway when Let's Go came out. (And Let's Go wasn't put together in less than a year). Gen 8 was always intended to come out this year, I'm pretty sure they have the next three years of games planned out at this point.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
We'll probably get the Travis Strikes Again DLC #1 trailer too considering it comes out later this month.

Can't wait for Bad Man Strikes Again.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is certainly unusual.

Nintendo Treehouse is based in Seattle
Nintendo NY is in New York

They wouldn't fly people across the country just to say how much they love Jigglypuff really

Clearly you haven't seen Hungrybox :P

when-you-only-get-2-hepkee.png

they can VERY easily ignore okamiden for a sequel
i'd still love it if they first remastered okamiden for modern platforms. chibiterasu deserves more love.

HEY I sleep that much on average!

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would Gen 8 come out last year anyway when Let's Go came out. (And Let's Go wasn't put together in less than a year). Gen 8 was always intended to come out this year, I'm pretty sure they have the next three years of games planned out at this point.
That's exactly what I am saying, Let's Go put out last year to give more breathing room to Gen 8 development.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017

I was initially expecting December so all good. I hopped on that release date leak being real after Zell dropped bombs last week. All of them being on a Friday and a Direct being very soon basically sealed it for me. We'll see though.

- Spyro Trilogy
- MPT
- Fire Emblem new info

Mortal Kombat 11 Switch port footage. At least I hope so. Also, hopefully a new character kharacter reveal

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Rakeesh Sah Tarna is also very brave. I bet the code name is referring to him.

Rakeesh for Smash confirmed.
Rakeesh for Smash would probably make me just have some sort of seizure. Like literally Nintendo recognizing Sierra like that would be immensely stupid businesswise but also simply the best thing ever. This will now forever be my goal in life, to get Rakeesh into Smash.

Z is the last letter of the alphabet
No it isn't. There's Å and Ä and Ö after it.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for

Metroid Prime Trilogy and/or Wind Waker & Twilight Princess HD.

The second Smash DLC character.

AR Starts

Oct 25, 2017
I expect Pokémon to be revealed in May. Keeping with the lets go reveal timeline. Seems to early to reveal it now-give let's go sometime to breathe.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
My prediction is that they'll announce the Pokémon Direct at the end of this one, kind of like they announced the Smash special broadcast after the Cloud reveal.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah, no. They're going to stick to announcing characters in the Kombat Kast just like they've been doing since MKX.

Next Kombat Kast is this Thursday actually so you can look forward to that.
They literally announced a character on Inside Xbox just last week. It's not impossible at all for them to show a new character. They might not even highlight it. Something like Kotal Kahn just being in the footage that's shown

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Mario Kart new DLC. Why not keep making new DLC to the highest selling game on the Switch rn? Maybe they are saving their new design courses for MK9...

Status
Not open for further replies.