• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I completely agree, an adventure tailored to 2 players would be the best way to balance SP and MP.

They could always have a separate mode that incorporates a higher amount of players too
Yep, I think it could be exciting. It's hard to guess what new features a 2D Zelda on Switch would have, but looking purely at the hardware, taking advantage of the built-in two-player support is one route they could go. That and HD Rumbleeeeeeeee.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
3D Zeldas get delayed when they're reinventing the wheel, but hey, since they did all the heavylifting with BotW already, they could make another one more quickly if they use it as the base. Similar to how MM came out in a timely fashion after OoT.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I can see some people can't take it anymore. GIVE ME THE DIRECT.
iBtYfbx.gif

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
When I wake up there most likely won't be a Direct announcement but there better be one within 3 hours. Need that hype.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Leave the thread for a few hours and now there is doubt about a direct even happening, people think FE can outsell AC, Devil May Cry may be coming, and somone is getting married?!!?!

raw

guess I should just never leave.

That's how you know this is a Direct thread. Everyone was being a little too calm yesterday.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
So is there any reason to believe that there won't be an announcement in 10 & 1/2 hours? Or does everyone still think we'll get an announcement at that time?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I think it could be exciting. It's hard to guess what new features a 2D Zelda on Switch would have, but looking purely at the hardware, taking advantage of the built-in two-player support is one route they could go. That and HD Rumbleeeeeeeee.
Honestly, I think that because it's been ages since we've actually had a 2D Zelda on home console (so they'll probably want to make sure the value is there as a $60 game that takes advantage of Switch hardware) and that they've stated a desire to make Zelda more multiplayer AND just because it's Nintendo who loves their couch co-op..... there's no way the 2D Zelda won't have multiplayer in some form. Like, I think it's almost a guarantee. I'll actually be surprised if it doesn't

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
I remember back in... 2012, methinks, before ALBW, there was a Direct where Eiji Aonuma spoke of taking the Zelda series in a different direction, and everything has pretty much happened since then — the nonlinear progression, etc — EXCEPT the multiplayer aspect.

Well, unless Tri Force Heroes counts as that, but probably not, since Four Swords Adventures preceded Tri Force Heroes.

Where I'm going with this is, I wonder if the follow-up to BotW will have a multiplayer focus. In fact, they could make a fresh new experience quickly reusing old assets if they turn it into a multiplayer game. I wouldn't mind running around BotW's Hyrule with other people. :-O
A Hunger Games game in the BotW engine sounds godlike, basically Zelda Battle Royale

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Straight up - people who don't like pineapple on pizza are babies. The puerile bed wetter who goes out to a restaurant and orders chicken strips. The sort of man child who has ketchup with everything. The boorish dope who has a steak well done and grew up eating white bread and hot dogs.

And to think, these people dare to shame those of us who've grown beyond the palette of a 4 year old!? Enjoy your fucking McNuggets, dipshit!

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Straight up - people who don't like pineapple on pizza are babies. The puerile bed wetter who goes out to a restaurant and orders chicken strips. The sort of man child who has ketchup with everything. The boorish dope who has a steak well done and grew up eating white bread and hot dogs.

And to think, these people dare to shame those of us who've grown beyond the palette of a 4 year old!? Enjoy your fucking McNuggets, dipshit!

What if you like pineapple but hate pizza?

Mar 23, 2018
So are we 100% for a direct this week? We have had kingzell definitively say it. liam seems to be teasing it with that reset the clock gif. and the person i know from NoA said "this week" too. It feels guaranteed for me, but I have this nagging pessimism right now. Ugh.

John Harker said the 13th thing is true, too. Nate was posting about "Nintendo loving" which I don't really know if he clarified it was in fact a tease or just a coincidence with Zell's post.

I think it's going to happen on the 13th but they could always cancel the current plans in pure Nintendo fashion. I'm kind of waiting for the Tom Phillips traditional direct tease ;) if he teases it, given the past instances, it's a lock to me. I think he's around here too soooo

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017

I'm totally the target of this, but I gotta admit I lol'd, haha

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Who are you?

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
I remember back in... 2012, methinks, before ALBW, there was a Direct where Eiji Aonuma spoke of taking the Zelda series in a different direction, and everything has pretty much happened since then — the nonlinear progression, etc — EXCEPT the multiplayer aspect.

Well, unless Tri Force Heroes counts as that, but probably not, since Four Swords Adventures preceded Tri Force Heroes.

Where I'm going with this is, I wonder if the follow-up to BotW will have a multiplayer focus. In fact, they could make a fresh new experience quickly reusing old assets if they turn it into a multiplayer game. I wouldn't mind running around BotW's Hyrule with other people. :-O
Zelda 76 certainly sounds like a good idea.... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.