• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
you'd be surprised by how much leaks through accidental slip-ups or corporates thinking they can say x stuff while in fact, they actually can't

case in point: the entire mario x rabbids saga

In their defense it must get super difficult and confusing keeping track of all the things that are currently embargoed, especially when literally everything in this industry is kept secret. It's a wonder anyone is able to communicate anything at all.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
How many Directs have been announced in the past hour and what is the projected megatonnage per Direct?

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
March 29 (Yoshi), May 24 (DxM*), July 19 (LM3*), and September 13 (AC*) are all exactly eight weeks apart.

I'm sure we'll get other games in between them, of course, but I thought that was interesting.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Reset the clock
194.gif

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In their defense it must get super difficult and confusing keeping track of all the things that are currently embargoed, especially when literally everything in this industry is kept secret. It's a wonder anyone is able to communicate anything at all.

french people can't keep their mouth shut too
that's a big thing to go against

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
So this year seems to be pretty packed, according to all the rumors? I just wonder if we will have another sports game ala Aces around June. Specifically, I'm dying for another Mario Strikers but I won't hold my breath for it :(

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

remember when reggie accidentally let slip that fire emblem awakening was coming because he thought they had announced it during their e3 presentation

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

This guy, probably unknow to you, I've been following his twitter and he was correct about the Let's go games before they were announced, he has credible sources.

Abeit it's a prediction, may hold some merit or not, but i'm inclined to agree that a gen 8 first reveal in the Nintendo direct and more info on Pokemon day does seem logical.

Do it. Send everyone into a frenzy, unleash the beast. They have revealed a game and then dated a direct for it before, its time for Pokemon to get that treatment. I want this to happen so badly, because everything about its reveal is paradoxical. People need to remember it was revealed during E3, when everyone says they won't reveal a Pokemon game at E3. So who the hell says they can't do a proper unveiling in a direct?
Holy fuck if all 4 of those games are in a direct with whatever else they have planned, this will be a 2jd GOAT direct in a row.

UrsaKota

Apr 17, 2018
I think those are pretty reasonable demands compared to what I've read when people think of a "BOTW Pokémon"

I wonder if TOWN is a good starting point to see where the next game might go
I would hope so, maybe I haven't played a whole lot of zelda but I kinda felt like BOTW was just the eventual evolution of something like Ocarina? No loading screens, bigger places to travel, tweak the combat, NPCs with schedules. The only real massive groundbreak was the Ubisoft towers and the slimming down to a bunch of smaller self contained puzzles in shrines and only a few actual dungeons. It felt like a natural place to go at least in my opinion and I just want that from Pokemon.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, everyone knew about the September Direct. A publisher accidently sent an email to a bunch of press saying their game would release after the Direct and then went on to time and date it. Twice. (Both the original date and then later again for the delayed date)

We personally didn't get the email but word travels fast in the industry
I see. Slip ups for sure can happen. I remember EA had the slip up in November 2017 pretty much giving out Nintendo would have a direct in January 2018.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What can this thread learn from God of War? Is this the Mario 64 moment for Direct threads?

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland

This guy, probably unknow to you, I've been following his twitter and he was correct about the Let's go games before they were announced, he has credible sources.

Abeit it's a prediction, may hold some merit or not, but i'm inclined to agree that a gen 8 first reveal in the Nintendo direct and more info on Pokemon day does seem logical.

I hope this is false, just because Fire Emblem Three Houses and Total War Three Kingdoms releasing the same week would kill me.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
you'd be surprised by how much leaks through accidental slip-ups or corporates thinking they can say x stuff while in fact, they actually can't

case in point: the entire mario x rabbids saga
Isn't Ubisoft legendary for leaks though?

Leaks are weird, they happen in so many different ways. My favorite might have been the Walmart Canada leak featuring a bunch of real leaks mixed in with stuff like "Dragon Quest 2" for Xbox One and Splinter Cell which didn't wind up happening.
That leak got so much traction, 2K basically had to come out and say Borderlands 3 wasn't gonna be at E3 without actually saying it wasn't gonna be at E3.

Rage 2 was the biggest surprise as I don't think anybody expected a sequel for that game

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Ubisoft legendary for leaks though?

They are, because they're too bigs to not leak, but Mario x Rabbids was one of a kind.

I first heard of it in late 2016, around november/december. By around march 2017 I knew everything about it, down to the identity of the final boss as well as specifics on mechanics and characters. I could have spoiled you the ending of a game that wasn't even announced yet. kinda unprecedented

Status
Not open for further replies.