• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Why do we think the 13th is Direct and no announcement?

Panic mode. (but fingers crossed King Zell is right)

Multiple trusted insiders have said its the 13th and you have to ask why the mods/admins would all of a sudden allow this thread to exist when multiple threads have been locked over a months time.

That's because the First Party thread was filled with OT direct speculation nonsense.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I hope if there is a direct there's some cool fire emblem news. Really looking forward to that game.

Multiple trusted insiders have said its the 13th and you have to ask why the mods/admins would all of a sudden allow this thread to exist when multiple threads have been locked over a months time.
The thread exists because people turned every single other Nintendo thread into a "when's the direct" thread. Not for any other reason.

PCK

Oct 26, 2018
What if the mods already knew the Direct was coming this week when they allowed it to be created? There was around 24 hours between the 2 events.
That is very possible. But even then there is a slight possibility that their information doesn't pan out for whatever possibility. But I don't want to harp on it too much since I trust that the Direct will be shown this week, barring extreme circumstances.
what are the odds we see AC?
I would say >85%. I was looking yesterday and couldn't find a single instance where the game that closed a Direct wasn't released or shown again after the next general Direct.

Deleted member 50366

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'm sorry for my bad english, I wanted to ask why do we think it is the 13th instead of the 14th (the 13th being the announcement day).

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Yes. You have an extremely poor track record at predicting when announcements will happen. That's why you hype them every hour.
He said 4.5 hours cause thats the time Nintendo usually puts out a tweet.
Either today or tomorrow if the direct is on the 13th.
(But wouldnt it be 5.5 hours? I am confuse)

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
is there any chance nintendo will again just randomly drop the direct without announcemnet?

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
normal brain: nintendo should port smg1&2 to switch
big brain: nintendo should port super mario 3d world to switch
galaxy brain: nintendo should port super mario run to switch

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Nah I don't have you on ignore lol. Someone made a bet with me once to try to get me an avatar. As you can tell I won the bet 😎

Lol my heart was beating so fast. Realizing somebody has you on ignore is really embarrassing lol.

But uhhhh.... you're a big Nintendo fan. You can't find a cool Link avatar or something? Lol

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting FFVII will be shadowdropped or come out the following day. I wonder when Final Fantasy 9 will come though. As much as I love 7, I love 9 even more.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Nintendo Japan or any of its official accounts hasn't tweeted yet, it's probably a long weekend in Japan so I wouldn't expect anything till tomorrow.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
Morning (if youre UK) fellow nintendo loons

When am I expecting an official announcement? I have a lot of work to do today and need to know how much page refreshing i'll be doing

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol my heart was beating so fast. Realizing somebody has you on ignore is really embarrassing lol.

But uhhhh.... you're a big Nintendo fan. You can't find a cool Link avatar or something? Lol

Tbh I haven't really cared to get an avatar lol.
I think you should go back to the pre-redeisgn Era and just use a transparent blank PNG as your avatar. Total emptiness is better than the big green "D" lol.

I did like that better than the "D" I have now.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
One neat thing they could add with Mario Maker 2 is the ability to mix style sheets, use the Goombas from SMB1 in Super Mario World, for instance.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Don't worry guys, I have a new avatar for Dark Cloud!
GCjta7F.png
:)

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Morning (if youre UK) fellow nintendo loons

When am I expecting an official announcement? I have a lot of work to do today and need to know how much page refreshing i'll be doing
Directs are usually announced either 4 or 5 hours from now and the most likely date for the announcement is tomorrow

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Hey enough with the avatar talk

I really don't want to end up in a situation where someone comes in and says:
"Remember that this thread is reserved for Direct speculation and general madness. Try to stick with it".

It would be too meta.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Just to be clear: I don't want this thread to go of the rails, but I fear that if no Direct comes this week, concern trolling and Nintendoomed posts will become a big problem. Not to speak of what people might say to zell.
That said, since the mods said the Direct thread was to be a thing "going forward", this thread will probably stay open if the direct is announced and simply go dormant for a while.
Whilst I don't agree with attacking people, which'll probably happen, I'm looking forward to the meltdowns and Nintendoom proclamations.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously I never knew this. This is the first ever Nintendo Direct. I'm watching it now and Reggie does the "what's wrong with you?" meme we all know. I never knew it came from the first ever Nintendo Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.