• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind the obvious Nintendo releases being fully spoiled (Super Mario Maker 2, 2D Zelda), but i would rather the more uncertain releases or new IP stay a secret, that goes for third party games as well. Vague hints are welcome though because they give a relevant basis and direction for speculation. I would like to say thanks to all of regular insiders who frequent this site you guys make this hobby much more enjoyable especially in slow seasons. I almost feel like you guys should get paid lol!!!

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
That's kind of irrelevant when I'm not talking from a sales perspective in this thread, and definitely not talking about the Japanese market in particular.

Level 5 is giving the Switch the best support they can though.

So you're discussing the weakness of Japanese support but you don't care about sales or about the Japanese market? So are you really only talking about what I've always kind of assumed you're talking about, i.e the most expensive games geared towards the West? (of which there are like what, a dozen a year?)

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh, I really hope this Direct isn't focused in ports of old games. Tbh I usually don't exepect much from third parties on Switch anyway.

Last edited:

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Given that we've just had a 2D Mario in NSMBUDX, i don't think we need Mario Maker 2 this year. Give us 3D World in Q4 instead, please.

M-PG71C

Oct 29, 2017
All I can say is it has been fun reading this thread, thanks for the updates insiders. Its always fun to read rumors/potentials even if they don't always pan out lol, half the fun is speculation. Next week sounds like it will be fun.

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
I fear for the mental sanity of those who are seriously hoping for Nintendo to bring that series back to its roots.

Uhh, why? They brought 3D Mario backs to it's roots, same for Mario Tennis, Mario Party.

If there's any time to do it, it's now. For as much as I didn't like Color Splash, it made sense just pushing it out to die on the Wii U.

And it's a double edged sword. Even if it's still a Sticker Star style Paper Mario, at least an announcement will let the fans know not to get their hopes up, rather than thinking a change in the Switch era mindset will result in a change for the direction of the series.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Looking forward to King Zell getting out of the leak game because of how much he's been signal boosted outside of Era. He needs to stay safe.

Sky Walker

Oct 25, 2017
Since the Trilogy, 2D Zelda are pretty much confirmed. Now I just need my Samus Returns HD remaster and new 2.5D Metroid game.

Not to mention HD remaster for Mario Galaxy 1+2 and 3D World Deluxe.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I love how animal crossing became the new smash in terms of direct hope in the internet.

People are so thirsty for it.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what time of day the NES app is usually updated for new games?

Morning, mid day, or night

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
First, let me say, I don't believe any of these rumors.

However, if a 2D Zelda were to come, the only way this could remotely be true, is, if the 2D Zelda were some sort of multiplayer "Zelda Four Swords". Something to further promote the multiplayer-play-with-friends/familiy aspect of the Switch.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a Direct planned for the month or is this thread just showing up to taunt me?
1lq9w0t.png

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy

However, if a 2D Zelda were to come, the only way this could remotely be true, is, if the 2D Zelda were some sort of multiplayer "Zelda Four Swords". Something to further promote the multiplayer-play-with-friends/familiy aspect of the Switch.
Why would a singleplayer 2D Zelda game not be possible ? BotW is singleplayer even if it's on Switch

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Interesting, thanks!

any games to be shown confirmed by insiders?
Only one specifically said to be (possibly) shown in the Direct was Prime Trilogy. They mentioned a few other games
Pikmin 3 port, Mario Maker 2 and BoxBoy
but those likely won't make an appearance in this Direct.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Oh yeah. I've been waiting for this. Metroid Prime Trilogy, 2D Zelda etc. I hope everyone does keep their expectations in check though. Not everything will be announced next week.

And about third party games, i hope you guys enjoyeing the ports because there is more of them on the way with better Japanese support :)
Hmmmm hmmmmm

And seeing Nate's posts... let's speculate! Because the Switch has been given several remasters and or last gen ports, lets look at the probabillity of certain games;

Capcom

Have stated in the past that they want to publish more games on the Switch, even games with no history on Nintendo systems. Have released or will release Street Fighter, Mega Man, Capcom Beat 'em up, Okami, Resident Evil, Dragon Dogma and Ace Attorney.

- Resident Evil 5 and 6 (70 - 80% chance?)
- Devil May Cry HD Collection (70% chance?)
- Devil May Cry 4 or DmC Definitive Edition (50% chance?)
- Dead Rising (2) (40% chance?)

Square-Enix

Have been embracing Switch more and more. Want to publish more. Have released or will release Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy, Octopath Traveler and others;

- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 Collections (70% chance for both?)
- Final Fantasy XIII series (60% chance?)
- Tomb Raider series, think 2013 or Rise of... (40% chance?)
- Life is Strange titles (30% chance?)

Bandai-Namco

Are releasing a lot of games, have been upping their support with more PS4 - Switch titles.. not expecting a lot of remasters of them.

- Dark Souls II (70% chance)
- Maybe more Tales titles if the next mothership title won't launch on it.

Sega/Atlus:

Sega doesn't have a lot and they are on board...

- Yakuza Kiwami or the PS3 upports (45% chance?)
- Persona series (50% chance?)

Koei Tecmo

Are onboard, but maybe...

- Ninja Gaiden Sigma (30% chance?)

As for western third parties, I'd expect Darksiders II Deathnitive Edition, Batman Return to Arkham, maybe GTA V, X-COM, maybe Assassin's Creed III...

As for new games, I have no idea; yeah Spyro seems like a lock. Japanese third parties will up there game with more PS4/Switch releases; Wolfenstein Young Blood from Bethesda?

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Zelda A Link Between Worlds happened and It was a success.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Nearly too many game leaks for my liking, I am putting this thread on ignore now, just in case some things have not been leaked yet.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If the direct is on the 13th the same day the NES app is updated I hope Nintendo pulls one of those available today things with the SNES

Could easily be included in the NES app update

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
Why would a singleplayer 2D Zelda game not be possible ? BotW is singleplayer even if it's on Switch

Because you already have a very good single player Zelda on Switch. What's needed are more games that promote the local multiplayer aspect of the Swtich.

The 3D is a dead horse. It makes absolutely no sense to relase anything for it, until it's a very very easy port job. Even then, the impact would be minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.