Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT|

Nov 22, 2017
I would buy it without thinking twice.
Same.

Emily did mention in her most recent blog that Nintendo execs spoke about disappointing Labo sales and that they were "formulating new methods to convey its allure." Then she predicted a new kit would come soon and its "gimmick" might surprise many people.

King zell included "Pokemon" in his list of 2019 games still waiting to be announced. But... Mainline Pokemon is already announced so... spin-off?

And, of course, the most concrete evidence... Jonneh said the word "snap."

Jan 15, 2019
Same.

Emily did mention in her most recent blog that Nintendo execs spoke about disappointing Labo sales and that they were "formulating new methods to convey its allure." Then she predicted a new kit would come soon and its "gimmick" might surprise many people.

King zell included "Pokemon" in his list of 2019 games still waiting to be announced. But... Mainline Pokemon is already announced so... spin-off?

And, of course, the most concrete evidence... Jonneh said the word "snap."
I think you’re reading into things too much, but I would gladly take a pokemon snap 2.

Oct 27, 2017
In the end, the Direct could be just Reggie or the Nintendo Direct PR representative of your region doing nothing but dancing to Polka for 20 minutes, as long as i get my 3 Houses release date.

Actually, i would be very amused by such a Direct ... for whatever reason that is.

The classism in this thread needs to stop asap
Ok, you're the boss.

^^

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I was right that people would be panicking for lack of announcement today.

But others, level-headed folks, would think the announcement would happen tomorrow lol

Dec 6, 2018
UK
On the subject of Tropical, is there any hope of Retro pulling a bigger surprise than just their mystery game?
  1. Retro Studios never cancelled a game. They’ve been sitting on a final entry to a DK Returns trilogy and they have a mysterious (Star Fox GP) other title ready/nearly ready too. When they were nearing completion of the third DK entry, that team put Funky Kong into the Tropical Freeze port and ported the game to Switch under Nintendo’s instruction to maximise returns to counter the prolonged development cycle on their other title.
  2. Retro Studios did cancel a game, and Tropical Freeze port was brought in to fill the void in their release schedule. However, at that time they beefed up the port team in order to allow them to make a third entry (albeit on a longer development cycle than the previous entries) whilst another, larger team stuck to the mysterious (Star Fox GP) title. This could mean they are now in a position where their mysterious title is likely ready, and a new DK is potentially close to being ready.
Assuming Metroid Prime Trilogy is real and ready to launch, are we also assuming Retro developed it? Or do we think it was outsourced to a smaller studio, like many ports tend to be?

Dec 28, 2017
part of me feels like nioh might come to the switch tbh

game celebrated its 2nd anniversary and 2.5 mil sales a few days ago so i could imagine a switch version is in the works especially considering how insanely popular the system is

Nov 22, 2017
I think you’re reading into things too much, but I would gladly take a pokemon snap 2.
Well I was hoping the last sentence would convey that I'm being a little "tongue in cheek."

I am a bit surprised that there hasn't been more speculation centered around zell including "pokemon" in his list of unannounced games though.

Oct 25, 2017

game celebrated its 2nd anniversary and 2.5 mil sales a few days ago so i could imagine a switch version is in the works especially considering how insanely popular the system is
Why was I under the assumption that Nioh was a PS4 console exclusive?

Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Why do I get the feeling that this Direct will disappoint a huge amount of people, as usual.
Fuck no, they have 3 revealed titles for 2019 that need more info, 1 title we have plenty of info for but still would be nice to see more off, Town, and eventually a Pokemon Direct. Alongside whatever the hell else they have to announce for 2019. The only way it dissapoints is if this turns out to be a Mini Direct, with no previous announcement.
Unrelated to anything, who likes tropical weather
I like my regions to be nice and spring like, perhaps some winter weather.
Yep, if it isn’t announced tomorrow, I’m staying off of era.
There won't be an Era to stay off of if that happens.
nobody's ready for this direct, the biggest megatons of this year haven't even been hinted at yet
TBH, BoxBoy in HD is hype as fuck, they can do something amazing with it if they applied themselves to do so.

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
On the subject of Tropical, is there any hope of Retro pulling a bigger surprise than just their mystery game?
  1. Retro Studios never cancelled a game. They’ve been sitting on a final entry to a DK Returns trilogy and they have a mysterious (Star Fox GP) other title ready/nearly ready too. When they were nearing completion of the third DK entry, that team put Funky Kong into the Tropical Freeze port and ported the game to Switch under Nintendo’s instruction to maximise returns to counter the prolonged development cycle on their other title.
  2. Retro Studios did cancel a game, and Tropical Freeze port was brought in to fill the void in their release schedule. However, at that time they beefed up the port team in order to allow them to make a third entry (albeit on a longer development cycle than the previous entries) whilst another, larger team stuck to the mysterious (Star Fox GP) title. This could mean they are now in a position where their mysterious title is likely ready, and a new DK is potentially close to being ready.
Assuming Metroid Prime Trilogy is real and ready to launch, are we also assuming Retro developed it? Or do we think it was outsourced to a smaller studio, like many ports tend to be?
Or they've been working on the ultimate crossover for 5 years:

Donkey Kong Country: StarTropical Freeze.

Dec 4, 2017
I don't think they have any other game ready to release except Star Fox. If I recall correctly, the rumour is that a different studio made the Prime trilogy port.

Oct 26, 2017

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD

To my understanding, such was impossible because Nioh and its sequel are both console-exclusive to Sony.

Even after Nioh 2's announcement, the only words Koei had to offer up when it came to exclusivity was:
So, Nioh is likely going to stay on Playstation hardware.

Oct 25, 2017
sony publishing it in the west. if they announce a switch version then we'll probably get an xbox one version too. i see no reason to keep it a ps4 console exclusive anymore.
Oh, interesting. Well I'm in if it ever comes to Switch.

I know a lot of things, i am a very stable genius
... on a completely unrelated note what is your glove size? Extra small?

Oct 17, 2018
The only thing I really want that hasn't been announced is a new Donkey Kong game but I think if that exists we won't see it until E3.

...okay, I really want a real Paper Mario 3, but that will never be announced.