Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT|

Oct 25, 2017
It is certainly unusual.

Nintendo Treehouse is based in Seattle
Nintendo NY is in New York

They wouldn't fly people across the country just to say how much they love Jigglypuff really
No, but they would to talk about how much they love Pikachu, and how superior he is to every other Pokemon, including the false king Eevee

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever you feel anxious about the Direct, just think about this:

Somebody out there who already saw the whole thing is now reading this thread right this very second and laughing their ass off

May 25, 2018
It may be crazy, but could the Nintendo Treehouse being at the Nintendo NY Store from Pokémon day on the February 27th to March 3rd be a sign that the Switch Generation 8 Pokémon Games are gonna be announced soon this month?

Just a thought.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It will be delayed to 2020 though...
Delaying Pokémon isn't that simple.

The anime is coming to a close. Merchandise is being prepared.

Delaying Pokémon not just screws up the game schedule but screws literally everything Pokémon up.

There's no reason to think we'd be getting a delay

Dec 22, 2017
This thread suddenly exploded and I'm sure I missed something.
Multiple reasons to believe a Pokemon announcement is coming soon:
-Pixelpar (Let's Go leaker) possibly teasing news soon
-Treehouse Q&A at Nintendo World Store that they're flying out staff for on Pokemon Day
-They're making a giant Furret Plush and holy shit Furret is canonically taller than Charizard

Oct 27, 2017
they can VERY easily ignore okamiden for a sequel
i'd still love it if they first remastered okamiden for modern platforms. chibiterasu deserves more love.
The biggest barrier the game has is it needs much more work than just remastering. Stuff like Shinshuu field being split in to multiple parts due to the limitations of being a DS game would be silly to bring over to any modern system getting the game.
The producer has said that, because the Wii U version was such a failure, they do not want to ever put Yakuza on Nintendo consoles again.
Ah, the EA gambit. A late port (the HD collection was already on PS3) to a dead system (yay wii u), while being confused as to why it wouldn't sell gangbusters.

Feb 28, 2018
Just a reminder that most mainline Pokemon games are announced/revealed early on in the year to allow for a large marketing cycle, physical paraphernalia, TV, movies, etc.

Sun/Moon were revealed on February 26.
X/Y on January 8.
Black 2/White 2 on February 26.
Black and White on January 29.

Don't have time to look up the rest.

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest barrier the game has is it needs much more work than just remastering. Stuff like Shinshuu field being split in to multiple parts due to the limitations of being a DS game would be silly to bring over to any modern system getting the game.
they can make it one big connected area again, as well as reuse a lot of assets from the 1st game. it won't be an easy uprez port, but i don't think it would be a particularly difficult project.

May 31, 2018
Pokemon being delayed would be like Call of Duty or Fifa being delayed, it's just not a possibility unless something drastically bad happens. Those kinds of games are planned and supervised to an insane degree.

So I've seen some bingo boards and they looked boring, content-wise. Screw graphics, gameplay is king.
How are you supposed to play this newfangled Bingo Tetris?

Jan 1, 2018
I learned a couple of things today:
- Mother 3 is apparantly racist.
- Will Smith is playing the Geni in Alladin (WHY?).
- Some posters here post too much.
- and some post too little.
- Also, people really like Pikmin.

Looking forward to learning more things tomorrow!

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Multiple reasons to believe a Pokemon announcement is coming soon:
-Pixelpar (Let's Go leaker) possibly teasing news soon
-Treehouse Q&A at Nintendo World Store that they're flying out staff for on Pokemon Day
-They're making a giant Furret Plush and holy shit Furret is canonically taller than Charizard
To be fair, for Pokémon like Furret, Ekans, Arbok, Rayquaza etc., they're measured top to tail so it's not like a Furret on all fours would be 1.8m and even longer. It means it's 1.8m long