Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT|

Nov 14, 2018
Here's a question for everyone before it gets announced:

Will they specify how long the direct will be? Sometimes they do sometimes they don't. And if so, how long?

Nov 14, 2018
They rarely announce the length of the broadcast, but usually that information gets out there a day or a few hours before it starst.
They announced the length upon the announcement for the March 2018 direct (the smash bros announcement one)

Then for the September 2018 direct they didn't reveal it upon announcement (predelay) but did reveal it upon reannouncement after the delay

Edit: Apparently they did announce the length beforehand and I somehow missed it

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018
Then for the September 2018 direct they didn't reveal it upon announcement (predelay) but did reveal it upon reannouncement after the delay
Pretty sure they revealed the length in the first announcement.
Tune in 9/6 at 3pm PT for a new Nintendo Direct featuring around 35 minutes of information on upcoming Nintendo #3DS and #NintendoSwitch titles!

Jan 1, 2018
So is there a compiled list of all the rumors / hints for the upcoming Nintendo Direct and 2019 Nintendo games in general? This thread is difficult to keep up with.

Dec 23, 2017
So something new has to be announced for the 3DS. Each direct since the beginning has had one new announcement.

What would you be OK with? What would make you the least mad?
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first Switch-only Direct, we already have dates for Kirby and Perdona Q2 3DS games and I don't know if they will want to release new games or just rely on the big 3DS library (which is more then sufficient for 3DS current goal)

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Lets go! 30 minute deep dive into Yoshi Crafted World, look at all the things it does differently from Woolly World, namely sometimes you run around in the background, one more thing: Daemon X Machina releases December 2019, please understand. That's all folks, see you at E3 for more exciting news.

Jan 9, 2018
I'm not feeling the Direct hype enough, needs more crazy predictions that will never happen. So I shall save this thread with mine:

- Opens with Joker reveal trailer
- Persona 5 coming this year. Persona 4 Golden coming as well.
- Fire Emblem Three Houses coming this summer. It's HUGE
- Animal Crossing in your VEINS this September. Big villages, more villagers, more personalities
- New top down Zelda, open world again. Similar art style to BotW.
- New 3D Zelda teaser trailer. 2020 baby. Will use assets from BotW
- Monolith Soft steals your heart with a new IP, coming this winter. Female protag, still fantasy with mechs.
- Xenoblade X port is coming and Mira needs to be seen. Sequel teased TBA.
- Monolith isn't done boys and girls. Beaten Kaitos collection coming to Switch including a reboot this summer.
- a trailer starts and you hear a train on rail tracks, including its interior. You hear several footsteps until this sound track starts playing. https://youtu.be/lMd6V1IOJ5k
Suddenly a train gets suplexed. Yes, prepare your Switch for Final Fantasy VI remake.
- Custom Robo revived. Nintendo's own mech series. Focuses on online gameplay and collecting robot parts. Action RPG launching this spring.
- Capcom brings Dante and some pizzas to the Switch and finally announces DMC collection, including DMC4SE.
- That's not all, MH5P is coming to the Switch. More monsters than even MHGU.
- Nintendo vs Capcom revealed. Aims for competitive scene and fan service.
- Okami 2 is also revealed, developed by Platinum.
- Platinum Games also working on a mysterious Murasame Castle game.
- Sakurai appears again and he bamboozles everyone by not talking about Smash, but revealing Kid Icarus Uprising 2.
- Super Mario Maker is announced. With slopes!
- Captain Falcon still doesn't get his own game.
- Sega finally snaps and announces Yakuza remaster 3-5 for Switch. Also both Kiwami and 0 coming.
- Dragon Quest XI S coming also to the West.
- DQB2 as well.
- Dragon Quest III remake in the works. First worldwide simultaneous release in the making.
- Direct ends with Erdrick/Loto reveal trailer.

This isn't much, I can see it really happen.

Dec 3, 2017
So something new has to be announced for the 3DS. Each direct since the beginning has had one new announcement.

What would you be OK with? What would make you the least mad?
Anything similar to Epic Yarn is fine in my book (I.e. low-profile Wii or DS ports). As long as they're profitable, I think they should keep them coming for a while.

Oct 11, 2018
Stick with me here guys, I know this does not relate directly to the number 13 but what do you get if you add the number 1 and the number 3, as in Mother 3, together?

You get the number 4. Mother 4. Announced on February 13.