Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT|

Oct 17, 2018
I've said it before, but put out SNES games with the datamined list and Nintendo Online finally becomes worth a $4.30 price tag with an 8 person family plan.

Nov 1, 2017
ROME, ITALY
I don't think that a MPT is a thing...and i hope it's not 'cause a well made hd remaster for 3 games sold together are not possible.
they could announce the remaster for all 3 games though and sell them separately with the first game coming soon.

Sep 11, 2018
For Nintendo it is now time to do a direct. At the moment Nintendo is so much pressure from us Fans that they have to do a Nintendo Direct Asap. Apart from Yoshi and a few 3rd party games, we know nothing for the rest of the year.

Oct 26, 2017
I've said it before, but put out SNES games with the datamined list and Nintendo Online finally becomes worth a $4.30 price tag with an 8 person family plan.
20 dollars for a year is a good deal already for snes games.

Also slow down on the baby making dude

Jonneh

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I don't think that a MPT is a thing...and i hope it's not 'cause a well made hd remaster for 3 games sold together are not possible.
they could announce the remaster for all 3 games though and sell them separately with the first game coming soon.
Why to all of this?

Dec 18, 2018
Welp, the Charli gif got removed, back to the drawing board of stan twitter gifs. I'll workshop some stuff appropriately obnoxious enough for a Nintendo direct thread.

Apr 27, 2018
For Nintendo it is now time to do a direct. At the moment our fans are putting so much pressure on them that they have to knock out Nintendo Direct. Apart from Yoshi and a few 3rd party games, we know nothing of the rest of the year.
Nothing?

Have you been living under a rock?

There's like 15 AA to AAA games slated for Switch already for this year.

Oct 27, 2017
For Nintendo it is now time to do a direct. At the moment our fans are putting so much pressure on them that they have to knock out Nintendo Direct. Apart from Yoshi and a few 3rd party games, we know nothing of the rest of the year.
This Direct is going to be really good. I can feel it already. 5 months of no direct and Furukawa saying he delayed unannounced games to this next fiscal year (April and forward), and him saying he wants better momentum from April-September points to a really good Direct coming.

Oct 27, 2017
This Direct is going to be really good. I can feel it already. 5 months of no direct and Furukawa saying he delayed unannounced games to this next fiscal year (April and forward), and him saying he wants better momentum from April-September points to a really good Direct coming.
Where did he mention delaying unannounced games?

Oct 30, 2017
The Metroid-at-VGAs thing is a great example. I don't doubt the leakers stating as much were extremely confident it was happening for reasons we cannot possibly know. We also can't possibly know what actually happened. We can't know if it was real, and pulled. Or if their sources misheard something. Or they lied. Or it was a deliberate bait and switch by Nintendo to weed out leakers. We can't know and they don't seem to know either. In a sea of strikes this was, for them, a miss and is noted as such.
It’s especially weird to me that people harp on the “well, they said Metroid was going to be at the VGAs” thing, given that we now know that Nintendo’s plans for Metroid did change quite dramatically late last year.

Oct 27, 2017
Nov 1, 2017
ROME, ITALY
What? Stuff like the MGS HD collection exists.
we are talking Nintendo here..3 (i repeat well made) remaster for just 60 bucks? sure if you want a simple hd uprez...but i want better lighting, better geometry end better textures..
Metroid 4 is very far away and they could sell each Prime one per year till the 4th chapter.

Nov 7, 2017
What makes me so excited about this Direct is the fact there's a low of new stuff to be shown. March direct last year had almost no new games announcements as it was simply about delivering updates on upcoming spring games, September direct was about holiday games which we all had seen before. Now, the only first party game we have some details of is Yoshi so there's a huge amount of stuff left to be announced or detailed (Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion).

Oct 27, 2017
That's a weird way of saying it, huh? Delaying unannounced games wouldn't “reduce” demand, only perhaps keep demand from increasing.

At some point Fire Emblem and Yoshi were planned for 2018 so it is quite likely that other games suffered a similar fate.
It sounds weird, but I think the point is they wanted better momentum for this year and unannounced games were delayed.

Jonneh

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
we are talking Nintendo here..3 (i repeat well made) remaster for just 60 bucks? sure if you want a simple hd uprez...but i want better lighting, better geometry end better textures..
Metroid 4 is very far away and they could sell each Prime one per year till the 4th chapter.
A few problems with that:
Prime 2 & 3 have significantly less selling power than the first game & a Trilogy already came out 10 years ago setting a precedent for standards. There's no going back from a collection after that.

Nov 7, 2017
Hello everyone, please dont kill me but we are 100% not getting any hardware updates with this upcoming Direct, right?
Depends. If it's a new hardware that changes the whole thing about the Switch then I could see it being introduced in a Direct as it will need some explanation, if it's a simple upgrade then they'll probably shadow drop it on Youtube any random day. Still, I don't think they'll promote Animal Crossing with the current model.

Oct 26, 2017
What makes me so excited about this Direct is the fact there's a low of new stuff to be shown. March direct last year had almost no new games announcements as it was simply about delivering updates on upcoming spring games, September direct was about holiday games which we all had seen before. Now, the only first party game we have some details of is Yoshi so there's a huge amount of stuff left to be announced or detailed (Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion).
True to some extent, although they never put all their eggs in one basket. We won't get all the new announcements in this direct. Maybe we just get one big one.

Sep 11, 2018
Nothing?

Have you been living under a rock?

There's like 15 AA to AAA games slated for Switch already for this year.
Thank you very much, put no I'm not living under a rock ;)

I now that Games like FE: 3 Houses , Animal Crossing, Pokemon and Luigis Mansion 3 are coming somethimes this Year and some AA / AAA 3rd Party Games (Wich, to be Honest, most of them are Ports) but Nintendo is really stingy with new Information about them. By Nothing i meant *we know not that much" and not that we get no Games..

Oct 30, 2017
A few problems with that:
Prime 2 & 3 have significantly less selling power than the first game & a Trilogy already came out 10 years ago setting a precedent for standards. There's no going back from a collection after that.
If it was three separate games I'd definitely only buy the first one so .. yeah

Feb 12, 2019
Thanks, makes sense. I know that there are couple different types of Nintendo Direct events and even though this is the 'main' one, its still pretty early to uncover any revisions etc.