• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nesty_dara

Feb 12, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I am pretty ok with all the rumoured games but what would really tip the scale for me in terms of buying Switch, is Skate 3 port.

The second its announced, I am off to a nearest store.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that a MPT is a thing...and i hope it's not 'cause a well made hd remaster for 3 games sold together are not possible.
they could announce the remaster for all 3 games though and sell them separately with the first game coming soon.
There's already precedent for them splitting up the games on Wii in Japan. Anyone remembers how successful that was? I'm going to guess not too much.

T-DR

Feb 11, 2019
Hey guys! New here. Why is everyone saying 3 hours? Did a leaker say thats when the announcement is happening? Thanks.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd expect new hardware to be a September announcement. Never a good idea to announce a revision so early when they can maximize performance in the latter half of the year.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Every time before a Direct is announced I get this inner sensation that the announcement is 100% happening, either because of hints or cause it makes too much sense. That's why we didnt reset the clock that often the past weeks, cause it was way too calm for something to happen. Pretty sure Dark Cloud knows what I mean.

Today I'm feeling that sensation as well, I'm simply waiting for Nintendo to publish the tweet

Direct announcement in less than 3 hours guys!

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Polar Panda has said quite a few things. She? said Erdrick should be coming soon. Star Fox GP is still a real thing. Animal Crossing looks to be releasing around September.
Whoa that's awesome! Oh man I can't wait for all of them! Even if they don't all get announced at this Direct!
Hey guys! New here. Why is everyone saying 3 hours? Did a leaker say thats when the announcement is happening? Thanks.
That's when the announcement is supposedly being revealed!

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Where did you leave ? The most recent stuff are King Zell mocking those in panic mode regarding the date. PolarPanda said DQ rep for Ultimate was supposed to be revealed soon (she leaked other stuff before but maybe you got that)

About 8 hours ago, I apparently missed PolarPanda spilling the beans on the DQ rep for Smash. Thanks a ton!

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
If they're making a Mario Maker 2, PLEASE Nintendo, get rid of the NSMB art style and replace it with a Yoichi Kotabe inspired spritesheet
Instead they should get rid of the retro styles and focus on a more complete feature set from NSMBU.

I'm torn on Mario Maker 2. I don't doubt it'll be excellent, but I question how different from its predecessor it will be and the overall appeal it'll have. It seems like such a logical safe bet, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't different enough, or the audience just didn't see the concept appealing anymore after exhausting it with the first, that it doesn't do numbers like Nintendo would expect.

Will be really interesting to see what, exactly, they do with it to differentiate it from its predecessor.
I love Mario Maker, but it was very lacking in its toolset. Here's an incomplete list of just the things that it doesn't have: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarioMaker/comments/3tefe0/things_that_are_missing_from_super_mario_maker/

Doesn't account for things that don't have specific names like all these varieties of mushroom platform:
nsmbumushcwks8.gif

And doesn't account for more advanced things like scripting movement of objects and enemies.

Plus the limitations for the amount of stuff you could put in a level were ridiculous.

Giving players even a fraction of the stuff that wasn't in Mario Maker and more control would make a huge difference.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda hoping for a release date stateside for the Ace Attorney Trilogy but I kinda doubt that's going to happen at a Direct this week

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Hey, welcome to the crazy hype train that is Nintendo speculation on Era.

Insiders have been teasing a Direct on the 13th for a few days now, but we don't actually know when the announcement will happen. Two and a half hours from now is the usual time for Direct announcements, so we will probably see something then.

phelan

May 25, 2018
What is everyone's worst case scenario for this rumoured direct?
  • SNES games are announced as a separate paid subscription from Switch Online
  • Voice chat and a party system are coming! Exclusively to the Nintendo Switch Pro, RRP $700
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy to be released in episodic form, $20 per episode, 3 episodes per game barring the third which is split into 5.
  • Animal Crossing is yet another rehash of the same formula
  • Pokemon changes nothing from Let's Go and is still a top down RPG

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
  • Voice chat and a party system are coming! Exclusively to the Nintendo Switch Pro, RRP $700
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy to be released in episodic form, $20 per episode, 3 episodes per game barring the third which is split into 5.

No Joker trailer and Minecraft Steve is announced as Smash DLC.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every time before a Direct is announced I get this inner sensation that the announcement is 100% happening, either because of hints or cause it makes too much sense. That's why we didnt reset the clock that often the past weeks, cause it was way too calm for something to happen. Pretty sure Dark Cloud knows what I mean.

Today I'm feeling that sensation as well, I'm simply waiting for Nintendo to publish the tweet

Direct announcement in less than 3 hours guys!
Yep. I try to tell people to listen to Bowser. You can tell when it's too quiet it's too quiet. It means no direct is coming. There's a lot of noise now.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
I think I've already seen two new members posting in here in the last 24 hours, welcome! I'll make it three by saying I signed up 32h ago and I've already racked up over 50 posts.

...Hi guys.

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
Yeah, it has been way too quiet. We should have heard a lot of hints from insiders by now. I guess the Nintendo Direct is coming next week.

T-DR

Feb 11, 2019
Thanks for getting me up to date guys! Now I have something to look foward to this morning. This place seems super active, glad I joined.

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany

My earlier try:
akasha said:
  • Shadowdrop of first episodes of FFVII and FFIX.
  • Announcement of remaining Smash DLC characters: That guy from Doom, that guy from Minecraft, and due to unexpected popular demand: Waluigi.
  • Announcement of a "Switch Pro" that can only be used chained up to your TV at home with Pro Controllers (buy separately) and will allow 60FPS on BotW. Pokemon Gen 8 will be the first exclusive.
  • No sign of Persona 5, GTA 5, Witcher 3. Only Assassin's Creed 3 will ever get a port.
  • Nintendo announcing that after the "disappointing" Switch sales and 3DS dying, Switch will be their last hardware line. As advised by their investors after the financial success of Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp they will bring all their franchises full-mobile free to play from 2020 onwards.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I think I've already seen two new members posting in here in the last 24 hours, welcome! I'll make it three by saying I signed up 32h ago and I've already racked up over 50 posts.

...Hi guys.

I love your username, welcome to the madness. Our first Nintendo Direct hype thread I entered with 3 posts and left with almost a thousand so I feel ya lol

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
No Fire Emblem Three Houses...which is impossible. So this direct is going to be average at least.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Fire Emblem: Three Houses getting delayed again would suck

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I think we'll see Joker and DQ character in a Smash direct later in March or April. With the characters being released at the same time. Isn't that how every Smash4 DLC was announced?

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping we see more handheld games/IPs (wich should be coming if a lite switch its going to be revealed).

Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion are already big handheld games (since LM2 sold so much on 3DS) and a 2D Zekda like ALBW but with a different artstyle would be amazing, but I hope we get some japanese weirdness soon.

Ace attorney, Rhythm Heaven, SMT, Zero Escape. Etrian Odyssey, Ghost Trick, TWEWY, etc...

I bought my DS and 3DS because of the big games, but I loved it because of those smaller budget but creative games, and I hope we still get that with the switch.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't freak out if they don't announce the direct exactly at 3PM and instead decide to wait and additional 30 or 60 minutes for the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.