• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

d3ckard

Dec 7, 2017
Very happy to see that, I grew a little tired of Nintendo communication approach recently.

Now eagerly waiting if my wet dream will come true(namely: Retro is doing MPT, it's a remaster, they used the engine to pitch MP4). Can't wait!

UrsaKota

Apr 17, 2018
thank you all for this insane ride
DentalGranularAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
well apparently a buttload of Switch Third parties are being announced in March.

that sounds neat.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking either late March or early April for a dedicated Smash Bros. direct where they reveal what's coming in the 3.0 update, and tease DLC pack 2 ("Brave").

Maur

Mar 26, 2018
I'm still expecting Nintendo to announce a Detective Pikachu port to Switch to coincide with the movie release. It would be such a waste not to do that.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
It's time for a Pokémon Direct:

- Detective Pikachu for Nintendo Switch
- Pokémon Quest update with second generation
- New Pokémon Mystery Dungeon for Nintendo Switch
- And you know what.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Pokemon Direct (March), Smash Mini-Direct (March), Nintendo Direct (April), Animal Crossing Direct (May).

Think we will get 3 of these 4 until E3

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Almost five days without a new Direct. I'm getting nervous with the wait

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I don't think animal crossing will get one and will instead be the focus of E3
Pokemon and smash directs for sure though

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon Direct (March), Smash Mini-Direct (March), Nintendo Direct (April), Animal Crossing Direct (May).

Think we will get 3 of these 4 until E3
I could see a Pokemon direct happening together with a Labo announcement in March. Animal Crossing will be E3 though. Now they might do a April direct with some in depth info on summer titles like Mario Maker, Deamon X and Astral chains and focus on september/holiday titles at E3 together with some 2020 announcements.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Pleeeeeease Pokémon Direct next week. I need to see Pokémon after the no show for Animal Crossing.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
so, what are the chances of a pokemon direct this month? is it really expected to have another direct so soon?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So a Pokemon and a Smash event seems like a given before E3, given that gen 8 and the Spring 3.0 update need to be discussed. I'm also guessing that if we're getting Persona Switch, it will be announced in the Atlus event in March instead of in a direct. Might actually see Joker too.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
so, what are the chances of a pokemon direct this month? is it really expected to have another direct so soon?

X and Y were revealed during a special direct in January of 2013. Sun and Moon were revealed during a special direct in February of 2016.

It's getting to be that time for Gen 8.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
January 2013 had both a general direct and a Pokémon direct, coincidentally that's where gen 6 was revealed too
it's pretty common for a game-specific Direct to happen not too long after a general Direct
okay, i really hope so. i would love to see what the direction this "next generation" pokemon game will take.

I think a Pokémon Direct is indeed the safest bet right now; remember:

wait, what in here exactly suggests an upcoming pokemon direct?

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
A Pokémon Direct is very likely before the end of February. I can't wait to see what the next gen of Pokémon will look like.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I don't know if we will have another general direct before E3, but we can have multiple specific Directs (e.g. Pokemon between February and April, Mario Maker 2 before June, very highly Fire Emblem Three Houses since some gameplay aspects aren't still clear).
In a similar way I think the new Labo Kit will be announced with just a trailer and maybe also the Pikmin 3 port, assuming it will be released in May.

Mar 23, 2018
I'm so ready for a Pokémon Direct. So ready. Bring it on; we know it's not gonna be released until late 2019 anyway so give us something to discuss about in the meantime hahaha! I feel excited about it. I didn't expect the Let's Go games so it's like having these "Pokémon debuting on a new system" vibrations again.

Theres a Pkmn event on the 27.

Ehehe

a95.gif

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the Pokémon Day stuff means anything personally- it's a heavily kid-centric event (facepainting, meeting the mascots, etc.) , and I don't think we've heard anything about it being streamed out.

There's always a possibility that they start the reveals around Pokémon Day, of course, but I'm expecting a reveal in April for that Detective Pikachu synergy. If we do get a reveal over the next week or two, I'd predict a Sun/Moon-style reveal, with meaningful details held back for a few months.
x & Y were first revealed in January 2013, Sun & Moon in February 2016.
They were very different reveals, though- XY got gameplay footage, starter and legendary reveals and a release month, whereas Sun and Moon got logos, some glimpses of concept art and a wireframe model of Pikipek.

I would be surprised if any early reveal this time round looked more like the latter than the former.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Q&A with Nintendo Treehouse on the 27th, 5 PM.

This means the Pokemon Direct needs to happen either on the 27th (earlier than 5 PM PST) or some day before that.

The 27th is a Wednesday, what day were Pokemon Directs usually on?

But like...

WHERE'S METROID PRIME TRILOGY, though...?
You're off topic...
/s

Status
Not open for further replies.