• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Just a question about terminology: also the traditional Treehouse during E3 is called QA? Or will these QAs just be sessions of questions, without showing any gameplay?

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The other weird thing about the Pokémon Day event is that the Treehouse doesn't generally do much localisation work on the Pokémon series- TPCI generally does it in-house.
Just a question about terminology: also the traditional Treehouse during E3 is called QA? Or will these QAs just be sessions of questions, without showing any gameplay?
No, the Treehouse Live E3 events aren't Q&As, and aren't referred to as such.

There isn't any indication that the Treehouse is going to be showing any kind of game footage, or doing anything other than answering questions from the kids present.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Pokemon direct incoming ! Can't wait to see the starters...well if starters are still a thing (since this gen is rumored to shake things up)

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They don't need to stream anything. Just record it and then chop and edit for a video at the end of pokemon week

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pumped for a Pokemon Direct! I'm kind of expecting something for classic games there too. Either give us Pokemon games via Switch Online, or announce that Gameboy Mini that has old games built in. Something!

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
it's pretty clear that we will get a smash direct in march/early april.

pokemon would be cool asap as i really want to see that game.

OP
OP
Kevin360

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
So, what are the chances we see any kind of General Direct or mini-Direct or Twitter Direct before E3?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pumped for a Pokemon Direct! I'm kind of expecting something for classic games there too. Either give us Pokemon games via Switch Online, or announce that Gameboy Mini that has old games built in. Something!

I think they would just release them separately on the eShop, they're not like other games and it would be easier to integrate them with Pokémon Bank later.

it's pretty clear that we will get a smash direct in march/early april.

pokemon would be cool asap as i really want to see that game.

Have they ever done a Direct for a game that had already released? Please no more Smash lol

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Next Direct is another General Direct.

It will show another new Nintendo IP.

It will also show new SquareSoft IP and release date for another FF-game.

It will have Persona 5 announcement and a lot of Smash information.

And it's before the middle of March.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I think they would just release them separately on the eShop, they're not like other games and it would be easier to integrate them with Pokémon Bank later.

Have they ever done a Direct for a game that had already released? Please no more Smash lol

There where Smash ultimate directs

javac

Oct 28, 2017
A Pokémon reveal before the may release of Detective Pikachu would make sense imo but who knows.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It almost feels like they may have monthly Directs/events until E3.

Pokemon Direct Feb
Labo reveal in March
Smash DLC Direct mini in March or April
Mario Maker Direct in April or May

And maybe even more, like an Animal Crossing direct.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Mario Maker needs a full reveal before E3, even if the game was releasing late June they just won't show everything at E3, neither on Twitter. There's gotta be a Direct in there. As for Smash, they hyped up the update too much on the Direct for it just being shadow dropped. I wouldn't rule out a shorter general Direct in April to showcase third party games, Smash update, Mario Maker and tease one extra game that would be shown at E3.

A Pokémon Direct any time from now is a given, even if they just show the logos.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

My thinking for making the classic Pokemon games into NSO titles would be to serve as a replacement for Pokemon Bank. I guess I'm just optimistic that Nintendo and GF will let NSO subscribers handle Pokemon storage as part of the sub we already pay for. It'd also be neat to get Red/Blue/Yellow and beyond back with the ability to trade online.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I don't think that Nintendo needs a general direct until E3 after the last one. They have very few games to release before summer. Unless there are things which we don't know about and for which a quick release is possible. Maybe a mini-direct in April?

I do not care for game focused directs, as those just spoil me from an upcoming game I already know about.

What I'm looking the most forward to is the next Nindies presentation, they have loads of things to show I'm sure.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
lol of course the speculation begins again less than a week after the last direct

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Maker Direct lol. Not sure why that game needs that. It'll be a star player at E3
Not in the spotlight. It would be too late. They won't go radio silent on the game until E3. Arms got a dedicated Direct and 3s of footage on the E3 Direct.

Historically June games are highlighted before E3, that's how marketing cycles work.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not in the spotlight. It would be too late. They won't go radio silent on the game until E3. Arms got a dedicated Direct and 3s of footage on the E3 Direct.

Historically June games are highlighted before E3, that's how marketing cycles work.
My point is I don't see it getting its own direct when it can be part of a general direct.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mario Maker can get a nice 5-8 minutes segment of a general direct in April or so.

I see Pokémon Direct is next. Labo reveal (which is just a YouTube video) and Smash Direct.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Now we're going to get a lot of game specific Directs and no general/Mini Direct before E3...yeah no.
xPsHMJL.png

it happens

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Pokemon Direct/Japan Press Conference like the Let's Go reveal is 50/50 imo. I'm leaning towards a Press Conference on the 27th in Japan, with a transcript by Treehouse in the first Q&A day, and afterwards other details on the spin offs announced during the press conference. The 5 days of Q&A makes no sense for just Let's Go or Gen 8 or just for anyone game to be frank, and I am confident that they will announce a much meatier online package for Pokemon Bank that will be covered. The reason for this is that I do not see them charging for cloud storage alongside NSO premium unless its more than cloud storage.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe Mario Maker 2 stole all our Directs...

I fully expect to hear something about Gen 8 Pokémon before or around Pokémon Day.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Pokémon Direct is worrying. If it's not what some people want to see there will be a lot of negativity. I keep my expectations low when it comes to Game Freak. I only want a 360 camera.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we'll get a Pokemon Direct this week or next week.

I also wonder if it'll be the opposite of 2018 where this time around, we'll get a mini Direct in March/April.

Status
Not open for further replies.