• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I wonder if we'll get a Pokemon Direct this week or next week.

I also wonder if it'll be the opposite of 2018 where this time around, we'll get a mini Direct in March/April.
If its a direct, I see an announcement by Friday with the ditect being on Tuesday/Wednesday. If its Wednesday it can be announced next Monday, but I feel an announcement on Friday with a direct Tuesday is more likely.

Poupou

Jan 22, 2019
The Pokémon Direct is worrying. If it's not what some people want to see there will be a lot of negativity. I keep my expectations low when it comes to Game Freak. I only want a 360 camera.

I mean...for me it would be a game changer to finally have the camera behind the character and not a top-down game, because it comes with a full 3D experience. It's all I ask but I have few hope.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Next Direct is another General Direct.

It will show another new Nintendo IP.

It will also show new SquareSoft IP and release date for another FF-game.

It will have Persona 5 announcement and a lot of Smash information.

And it's before the middle of March.
The Persona 5 announcement is gonna be done by Atlus themselves next month. If anything, we're due for a Pokémon Direct (to reveal Gen 8) & a separate Smash presentation for the 3.0 update.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Next Direct is another General Direct.

It will show another new Nintendo IP.

It will also show new SquareSoft IP and release date for another FF-game.

It will have Persona 5 announcement and a lot of Smash information.

And it's before the middle of March.
What new SquarSoft IP? From the Octopath people?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean...for me it would be a game changer to finally have the camera behind the character and not a top-down game, because it comes with a full 3D experience. It's all I ask but I have few hope.
That's all I ask for too. It's not much to ask. I'm sure I'll like the games. I like all Pokémon games.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if we'll get a Pokemon Direct this week or next week.

I also wonder if it'll be the opposite of 2018 where this time around, we'll get a mini Direct in March/April.

I do feel it's too early to get a Pokemon direct and that will be saved for E3. That said I can see a smash 3.0 direct coming up in the next few weeks.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all, we ain't getting a pokemon direct. What we will get is another announcement with them showing the studio around and then we will get the wireframe of one of the pokemon and then say bye bye for that game until July/August when afterwards we will be getting a video a week blowing out everything about the game until release.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Direct/Japan Press Conference like the Let's Go reveal is 50/50 imo. I'm leaning towards a Press Conference on the 27th in Japan, with a transcript by Treehouse in the first Q&A day, and afterwards other details on the spin offs announced during the press conference. The 5 days of Q&A makes no sense for just Let's Go or Gen 8 or just for anyone game to be frank, and I am confident that they will announce a much meatier online package for Pokemon Bank that will be covered. The reason for this is that I do not see them charging for cloud storage alongside NSO premium unless its more than cloud storage.
The Q&A is at a kid-centric event with face painting, trading card trading and chances to take photos with Pikachu and Eevee. The Treehouse Q&A is going to have kids asking the Treehouse gang what their favourite Pokémon are, not deep dives into the NSO offerings.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all, we ain't getting a pokemon direct. What we will get is another announcement with them showing the studio around and then we will get the wireframe of one of the pokemon and then say bye bye for that game for the next three months when afterwards we will be getting a video a week blowing out everything about the game until release.
If you're implying we're going to get a Gen 8 announcement the same way Pokémon Sun and Moon were announced, those two games were technically still announced by means of a "Pokémon Direct", even if it was mostly just a clipshow for the 20th anniversary.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What I'd like to see from Pokémon.

Dragon-Quest-IX.jpg

What I'll get in reality

dragon-quest-11-16-bit-graphics.jpg.optimal.jpg

just jokin of course

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all, we ain't getting a pokemon direct. What we will get is another announcement with them showing the studio around and then we will get the wireframe of one of the pokemon and then say bye bye for that game until July/August when afterwards we will be getting a video a week blowing out everything about the game until release.
that's a Pokemon Direct though

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pokémon Sun and Moon- revealed February 26, 2016 (announced the titles)
Pokémon X and Y- January 8, 2013 reveal

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're implying we're going to get a Gen 8 announcement the same way Pokémon Sun and Moon were announced, those two games were technically still announced by means of a "Pokémon Direct", even if it was mostly just a clipshow for the 20th anniversary.
that's a Pokemon Direct though
Was it called a Pokemon direct? The video seems to have gone bye bye on official youtube pages so I can't check anymore.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Q&A is at a kid-centric event with face painting, trading card trading and chances to take photos with Pikachu and Eevee. The Treehouse Q&A is going to have kids asking the Treehouse gang what their favourite Pokémon are, not deep dives into the NSO offerings.
I agree with you. I think it's being overhyped (or looked into too much). I can see Pokémon being announced that week, but have nothing to do with Treehouse. That's like its own separate fun thing.

Pedrix

Feb 20, 2018
Montreal - QC, Canada
What I'd like to see from Pokémon.

Dragon-Quest-IX.jpg

What I'll get in reality

dragon-quest-11-16-bit-graphics.jpg.optimal.jpg

just jokin of course

I really really really want a pokemon [Xenoblade, Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest]-based. It doesn't need to be mainline, could be a spin-off like Colosseum. There's an old thread here on ERA about Pokemon working as Xenoblade Chronicles 2 that is really amazing.

Buuuuuuut I don't believe it's happening any time soon.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
The Persona 5 announcement is gonna be done by Atlus themselves next month. If anything, we're due for a Pokémon Direct (to reveal Gen 8) & a separate Smash presentation for the 3.0 update.
They didn't specifically say that the more info would be Atlus presentation.

What new SquarSoft IP? From the Octopath people?
Maybe Octopath team although I think they will make a sequel of some sort. I'd say it's a new team. There have been few options within the company.

?? Are those hints or you just speculating?
Speculation. Educated guesses. Fan wishes.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really really really want a pokemon [Xenoblade, Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest]-based. It doesn't need to be mainline, could be a spin-off like Colosseum. There's an old thread here on ERA about Pokemon working as Xenoblade Chronicles 2 that is really amazing.

Buuuuuuut I don't believe it's happening any time soon.
Xenoblade and Dragon Quest are the two series Pokémon should naturally evolve into. Have their scope and their world design. Pokémon doesn't need to be fully open world. It can have segmented areas.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually excited for a Smash Direct because it seemed like they teased what would be in the 3.0 update with 2 blurry screens.

One looked like it could be a new mode? Stage builder is back? The other looked like the stage select screen. Getting more old stages back?

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Really dissapointed in ya all that there has not been a reset the clock gifjiffig since the thread has been reopened.
This thread is basicaly that in a nutshell.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
New pokemon generations are usually announced earlier in the year. This time I can't see them waiting long because they have to advertise Gen 8 around the time detective pikachu releases

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that Nintendo needs a general direct until E3 after the last one. They have very few games to release before summer. Unless there are things which we don't know about and for which a quick release is possible. Maybe a mini-direct in April?

I do not care for game focused directs, as those just spoil me from an upcoming game I already know about.

What I'm looking the most forward to is the next Nindies presentation, they have loads of things to show I'm sure.
i agree. we got so much stuff and its clear that they dont have much until june except yoshi at this point. maybe we will see a labo game or something... since we have so many third party stuff im ot worried at all.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Arlo said the Direct was good. And tbh it sounded like he forced himself to say that. He said why didn't Nintendo show more. He was expecting AC and LM3.

But then he compared it to the Switch Presentation and how many games Nintendo showed there.

It's not good to have expectations like that. This isn't a reveal of a new system and Nintendo had to show all their games.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Arlo said the Direct was good. And tbh it sounded like he forced himself to say that. He said why didn't Nintendo show more. He was expecting AC and LM3.

But then he compared it to the Switch Presentation and how many games Nintendo showed there.

It's not good to have expectations like that. This isn't a reveal of a new system and Nintendo had to show all their games.

Arlo clearly wants to know more about Pikmin, and we didn't get any news on Pikmin. He made a video about a month ago asking where Pikmin 4 was.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Arlo clearly wants to know more about Pikmin, and we didn't get any news on Pikmin. He made a video about a month ago asking where Pikmin 4 was.
That's fine. He mentioned Pikmin, but didn't make a big deal of it. He had a problem with this early Direct not showing everything for this year like the Switch Presentation did in 2017.

OP
OP
Kevin360

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Where's Pikmin? Where's Luigi? Where's Animal Crossing? Where's Metroid Prime Trilogy?

I think this has been the hardest thing for me, especially the latter. I knew going into the Direct that not everything I wanted to hear about would be there. Zelda was exciting, certainly, but I was legitimately bummed (almost as much as at TGAs) for lack of seeing that darned Trilogy.

It was never implied that we'd see all of them at this last Direct, but still, with out barren April and May are for First-Party releases, I thought it was sure thing that something straight from Nintendo would fill those two months.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Where's Pikmin? Where's Luigi? Where's Animal Crossing? Where's Metroid Prime Trilogy?

I think this has been the hardest thing for me, especially the latter. I knew going into the Direct that not everything I wanted to hear about would be there. Zelda was exciting, certainly, but I was legitimately bummed (almost as much as at TGAs) for lack of seeing that darned Trilogy.

It was never implied that we'd see all of them at this last Direct, but still, with out barren April and May are for First-Party releases, I thought it was sure thing that something straight from Nintendo would fill those two months.

Boxboy + Boxgirl is in April.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

Same for me. It's just so weird that LM3 and AC are the two big reveals last direct, and then we wont see either of them after all until e3, 9 months later.

Trilogy, don't even need to talk about that anymore, everyone knows how I feel about them sitting on it. The lineup still should be great overall besides no trilogy, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.